ADVERTISEMENT

Rand Paul blocks vote on Ukraine aid

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
Worthless POS:

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) objected to a Senate vote on an aid package for Ukraine, meaning the chamber will not approve the measure this week.
Biden wanted the bill — which sends $39.8 billion in economic, humanitarian and defense aid to Ukraine — on his desk by the end of this week.
Paul single-handedly blocked the measure’s swift advancement because the Senate requires unanimous consent to quickly move such a bill to a final vote. Because of his opposition to a quick vote, the Senate must now go through all the usual procedural hoops.
“We cannot save Ukraine by dooming the U.S. economy,” Paul said of the vote.
Paul, who is ideologically opposed to sending more dollars overseas to a war in which the United States is not directly fighting, said the only way he’d vote to advance the bill was if he was allowed to include a provision that would require the appointment of an inspector general to oversee the funding. Doing so would have forced the bill to go back to the House.
Senate Majority Leader Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), who had agreed to pass the aid package this week, offered Paul an amendment vote on his provision. He rejected it.
“He is simply saying, ‘My way or the highway,’” Schumer said, per Mike DeBonis. “When you have a proposal to amend a bill, you can’t just come to the floor and demand it by fiat. You have to convince other members to back it first. That is how the Senate works.”

If you google Ukraines GDP it says it’s around 155 billion dollars. We are literally giving them a 25% of their GDP and it has no oversight.

I mean what could go wrong

Did you care this much when Trump fired the Deputy Inspector General overseeing $1.4T covid stimulus package? who was the stand in for the first Inspector General that Trump fired previously?

Of course not. Carry on.

I feel like every member of Congress needs to fully disclose every political contribution. Also PACs with questionable funding sources need to go the way of the dodo bird.

Also their personal checking/savings accounts and those of their immediate family members need to be public knowledge / open source.

Traitors need to be easier to find by the public. At minimum make it much more difficult on them. Subject them all to yearly forensic accounting analysis audits as a condition of serving at the federal level.

Last edited:
OpyEGEs.png

You all get mad at Rs when they run deficits and mad when they’re true to being a fiscal conservative. I think you just like being mad.

The only republican fiscal conservatives are when the Democrats control the purse strings. the Democrats seem to get mad when trump had a tax cut for the rich and wealthy. You really shouldn't interject your stupid statements in every thread.

The only republican fiscal conservatives are when the Democrats control the purse strings. the Democrats seem to get mad when trump had a tax cut for the rich and wealthy. You really shouldn't interject your stupid statements in every thread.
If you all are getting angry, I’m probably making a point. Republicans make a decision, you spin it into outrage every time.

Reactions: doughuddl2
I see you believe in the democrat mantra of, 'if you repeat a lie often enough it becomes the truth."

Another stupid comment, because that's what trump and republicans did for years before and while he became president.
All politicians lie all the time. That’s political science 101.

That's a lie. With that statement you have no credibility.
No, it’s not. That’s how every primary and general election campaign has been ran in my lifetime. They go extreme initially, then to the center. Both parties. Every time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT