ADVERTISEMENT

Rand Paul blocks vote on Ukraine aid

I would prefer that we send Ukraine the actual things they desperately need like food, medicine, arms and other military assets. But maybe the bill is actually written that way, I've seen nothing to the contrary and I don't think anyone here knows for sure what form this bill's aid will be.

Regardless, we're so invested at this point, we simply can't allow Russia to benefit from this egregious war. And if this unified response ends up sending Russia back to the Stone Age financially, all the better IMO.
Nobody benefits from this war. Your vision (that many share) to send Russia back to the stone age makes the world a much more dangerous place. Might as well say you want WWIII. That’s what they tried to do to Germany after WWI and it resulted in rampant nationalism. Germany mobilized into a war machine. Germany didn’t have 6k nukes. Not to mention conventionally, the USSR mobilized 11m troops to defeat Germany in WWII. They could do that again.

Nobody benefits from this war. Your vision (that many share) to send Russia back to the stone age makes the world a much more dangerous place. Might as well say you want WWIII. That’s what they tried to do to Germany after WWI and it resulted in rampant nationalism. Germany mobilized into a war machine. Germany didn’t have 6k nukes. Not to mention conventionally, the USSR mobilized 11m troops to defeat Germany in WWII. They could do that again.
"We are at war"

Hey did you know that we are at war with Russia? Awesome.

• Sad
Reactions: hwk23
"We are at war"

Hey did you know that we are at war with Russia? Awesome.
I think we'll know when we're at war with Russia and this guy won't need to tell us. This sort of rhetoric is astoundingly stupid though. It took a direct attack in December 1941 for us to even get directly in WWII. That was 1.5 years after Paris fell, but the current politicians want us to start it. Not comparing Russia to Germany at all, but rather, the current trajectory seems like a self-fullfilling prophecy (and WWII was not from our standpoint).

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT