ADVERTISEMENT

Rand Paul is officially getting into the 2016 Presidential race

lucas80

HR King
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2008
MSNBC broadcasting this news today. An official announcement and four state (Iowa included), campaign tour will begin the first weekend in April. He was always presumed to be running, but, officially announcing changes the game up a little. He can do more fundraising wise and the profile goes up. It may start a run of official announcements and official campaign organizations being set up.
This also means there will be an open seat in the Senate. Kentucky has a rule that you cannot simultaneously run for two federal offices. Rand's seat is up in 2016.

Not that there was any doubt, but I'm glad to see the race finally get moving.

It will be interesting to see what the attacks will look like from the mainstream GOP. I assume the Dems will mostly be keeping their powder dry for now.

Originally posted by What Would Jesus Do?:
Not that there was any doubt, but I'm glad to see the race finally get moving.

It will be interesting to see what the attacks will look like from the mainstream GOP. I assume the Dems will mostly be keeping their powder dry for now.
Yup, The GOP will be all over him. They're not to keen on having an actual Republican in the party.

Originally posted by lucas80:
MSNBC broadcasting this news today. An official announcement and four state (Iowa included), campaign tour will begin the first weekend in April. He was always presumed to be running, but, officially announcing changes the game up a little. He can do more fundraising wise and the profile goes up. It may start a run of official announcements and official campaign organizations being set up.
This also means there will be an open seat in the Senate. Kentucky has a rule that you cannot simultaneously run for two federal offices. Rand's seat is up in 2016.
I read that Kentucky is trying to change the law in order for Rand to run. I hope he does so Jeb can REALLY show what a schmuck he is.

No more Bush's and NO MORE Clinton's.

Originally posted by IMCC965:

Originally posted by lucas80:
I read that Kentucky is trying to change the law in order for Rand to run. I hope he does so Jeb can REALLY show what a schmuck he is.

No more Bush's and NO MORE Clinton's.

I believe KY has a D in the governorship, so I doubt that law is getting changed. IMO this move tells us Rand's fund raising isn't going well. If donors were lining up, he would not have announced yet so that he could continue to skirt what few election laws we have. Now he will need to pretend to follow the charade. Good luck Paul

Originally posted by Hy_dro:
I'm going to vote for him

Posted from Rivals Mobile
As a con, I am comfortable with some positions but uncomfortable with others. Thankfully he is not his dad(unless Thats a smoke screen)

I like Rand. I appreciate his concern for individual rights and freedoms, and his relatively conservative approach to fiscal matters. He's not perfect, but we could do much worse.

Rand Paul has as much of a chance of being the
next U.S. President as Pope Francis converting
to Lutheranism.

Originally posted by aflachawk:
Originally posted by Hy_dro:
I'm going to vote for him

Posted from Rivals Mobile
As a con, I am comfortable with some positions but uncomfortable with others. Thankfully he is not his dad(unless Thats a smoke screen)
Well, you're more of a neo-con than a con, anyway. Ron Paul walks the walk.

While he isn't his dad who would make a great leader he is still better than most of the crap that is the modern day republican party.

The more the merrier as far as 2016 goes.

I think it is nice that the Republicans will have a pretty wide open race with lots of ideological diversity and choices for primary/caucus voters. It shows an overall strength of the party that is often seen as a weakness imo.

Hoping that the Democrats get a wider field than one prohibitive favorite too. It's just better for everyone, including the eventual candidate.

Originally posted by Skidlt:

I think it is nice that the Republicans will have a pretty wide open race with lots of ideological diversity and choices for primary/caucus voters. It shows an overall strength of the party that is often seen as a weakness imo.

Hoping that the Democrats get a wider field than one prohibitive favorite too. It's just better for everyone, including the eventual candidate.
I completely agree.

We'll almost certainly end up with a total corporate fascist when the dust settles - no matter which half of the political cartel "wins," but at least more candidates will make it entertaining.

Who cares if your vote matters if there are circuses?

Originally posted by Skidlt:

+1

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT