ADVERTISEMENT

Rand Paul promises donors he’ll target Fauci’s ‘unprecedented coverup’ regarding covid

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
As the election nears, Biden administration officials are dreading three words: Chairman Rand Paul.
The Kentucky senator, who has clashed with Anthony S. Fauci and other health officials throughout the pandemic, is in line to lead a Senate committee should he win reelection and Republicans retake the chamber next week. (While Paul is heavily favored in his own race, control of the Senate is viewed as a toss-up by pollsters.) GOP control would give the libertarian doctor — an outspoken critic of the government’s coronavirus policiesthe power to lead investigations and help set legislative priorities next year, either as chairman of the Senate’s sweeping health committee or its more targeted government oversight panel.

“If you help me win, I promise to subpoena every last document of Dr. Fauci’s unprecedented coverup,” said a Paul fundraising email sent Oct. 20, referring to Paul’s allegations that Fauci contributed to the virus’s creation by funding research in Wuhan, China — allegations Fauci has categorically denied.

ADVERTISING

An ophthalmologist by training, Paul is set to be the most senior Republican on the Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee, better known as HELP, which oversees the nation’s health and education agencies as part of its expansive portfolio. The possibility has rattled health-care leaders and trade groups, worried that Paul will follow through on his criticism of “Big Pharma, the medical establishment and public health officials” for their stances on covid. Paul has argued that those groups wrongly quashed disagreements about how to fight the pandemic. In 2021, for instance, he called for more research into treatments such as ivermectin, noting that it was already in clinical trials to test its effectiveness against a number of viruses, including SARS-CoV-2. The drug was subsequently shown to be ineffective against the coronavirus.
The American Public Health Association, a trade group representing public health professionals, recently gave Paul the lowest-possible grade on its congressional report card: zero percent.
“He has not been an exemplar of prevention or wellness,” said Georges C. Benjamin, executive director of the American Public Health Association, referring to Paul’s reticence about whether he got a coronavirus vaccine and reports that he used the Senate gym while waiting for a coronavirus test result in March 2020 that showed he was infected. “That is a real problem when you’re a physician … you should know better.”

Experts at three other health organizations declined to go on the record with their own concerns, citing fears that criticizing Paul could backfire if he assumes the health committee’s leadership.
J. Stephen Morrison, who oversees global health policy at the Center for Strategic and International Studies, predicted that agencies such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the National Institutes of Health and the Food and Drug Administration will face considerable pressure if Paul and fellow Republicans take control of Congress and launch investigations into the government’s pandemic response.
“A certain group of Republicans feel that the actions by the public health leadership defied personal liberties, were reckless, were unaccountable. And they want to exact a price for that,” Morrison said. “They’re not thinking about what needs to be changed to protect Americans.”

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said earlier this year that he expects Paul to lead the health committee if Republicans take the Senate, given the pending retirement of Sen. Richard Burr (R-N.C.), the only GOP member with more seniority, the Associated Press reported.
But Paul and Senate leaders could opt that he take a different chairmanship: serving as the top Republican on the Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, the chamber’s chief panel charged with conducting oversight. That role is currently filled by Sen. Rob Portman (R-Ohio), who is retiring. Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) is next in seniority but has already exhausted his six-year term limit as panel chair.
Paul, whose office did not respond to interview requests, has said he will wait until after the election to make a decision about which committee to lead. But he has repeatedly indicated that pandemic-related investigations would be his top priority: A “Fire Fauci” banner is emblazoned as the “featured issue” on his campaign website and has fueled an array of his fundraising emails, stump speeches and tweets.

Fauci, 81, who is set to retire from government this year after leading the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases since 1984, told The Washington Post that he would comply with any congressional requests next year.
“I’m always open and happy to cooperate with any committee,” Fauci said, noting that he had testified before Congress hundreds of times over the past four decades but declining questions about his relationship with Paul.
Inside the administration, senior officials are less sanguine about the prospects of Chairman Paul, who has peppered the health agencies with letters demanding information about myriad aspects of their covid guidance; sought to unwind masking requirements on public transportation; and over the summer organized a hearing — skipped by Democrats — into whether virus research sponsored by the U.S. government contributed to the pandemic.

There’s at least one critical piece of health-care legislation on the health committee’s docket next year: The panel will need to reauthorize key pandemic preparedness programs set to expire at the end of fiscal 2023, in what could be a relatively routine matter — or could become a fierce fight given Paul’s hostility to the government’s approach.
“Oh, dear God,” said one senior administration official who was not authorized to comment. Other officials added that Paul has shown little willingness to cooperate with the administration.
Beyond the coronavirus, Paul has argued for reducing government’s role in health care, opposed federal funding of abortion and criticized hormone therapy for minors — all positions that put him on the opposite side of many public health groups.

I'm sure @ihhawk will denounce this as a fishing expedition

The editor of The Lancet - one of the world's most prestigious medical journals - has admitted that he knew about a controversial researcher's conflicts of interest when he published a letter denouncing the Covid lab leak theory, and called anyone who questioned it a conspiracy theorist.

"It took us over a year to persuade him to declare his full competing interest, which we eventually did in June of this year," admitted Lancet editor, Dr. Richard Horton during testimony in front of UK Parliament's Science and Technology Select Committee, referring to NIH-funded Peter Daszak of Ecohealth Alliance.
It took The Lancet 16 months to publish and official conflict of interest statement acknowledging Daszak's ties to the Wuhan Institute of Technology.

"100%, I completely agree, the information that we published in June as an addendum should definitely have been included in the February letter," he told the MPs. "In this particular case, regrettably, the authors claim that they have no competing interests, and of course… there were indeed competing interests that were significant, particularly in relation to Peter Daszak."

Conservative MP Aaron Bell told Horton that he'd done "too little, too late," and asked whether the original Lancet letter had "served to close down scientific debate," according to the Daily Mail.

Peter Daszak (right) toasts with Wuhan "Bat Lady" Shi Zhengli

Daszak, who had been genetically manipulating bat coronaviruses in a Wuhan lab to make them more transmissible to humans, organized the 'natural origins' letter in February 2020 which was signed by 26 other leading researchers who condemned 'conspiracy theories' regarding the origins of Covid-19.

Was The Lancet itself conflicted?

The Lancet established an office in Beijing, in addition to its New York office and London headquarters, in 2010.
In 2015, Dr Horton travelled to Beijing to receive the Friendship Award from China – the highest honour awarded to 'foreign experts who have made outstanding contributions to the country's economic and social progress'.
He claimed China faced a 'blame game' over the origins of the pandemic, despite admitting that it had denied the World Health Organisation access to crucial information needed for an investigation into the cause of the outbreak.
Leaked emails earlier this year revealed it was Dr Daszak who drafted the Lancet letter dismissing non-natural causes of the pandemic, such as a lab leak, as conspiracy theories. -Daily Mail
Daszak, meanwhile, has been accused of a 'bullying' campaign behind the scenes to ensure that blame for Covid was directed away from his partners at the Chinese lab.

"The Lancet letter was scientific propaganda and a form of thuggery and intimidation," said Jamie Metzl, who sits on the World Health Organization's advisory committee on human genome editing and is a former Bill Clinton administration staffer.

During the session, Harvard scientist Dr. Alina Chan said the Wuhan lab leak is now the most likely origin of the Covid-19 pandemic because China tried to cover it up, and because experts still haven't found a natural reservoir despite extensive searching. She also highlighted several coincidences in the Covid timeline, adding that China's state-sponsored information suppression campaign in the early stages of the pandemic added to suspicion.

"I think the lab origin is more likely than not," said Chan, adding: "Right now it's not safe for people who know about the origin of the pandemic to come forward."

"But we live in an era where there is so much information being stored that it will eventually come out. We have heard from many top virologists that a genetically engineered origin is reasonable and that includes virologists who made modifications to the first Sars virus."

Not fishing. The details have been exposed. This should be the first hearing the senate holds. The house for sure will

You people are absolutely nuts with all the conspiracy sh!t. How do you even order food at McDonalds without thinking there's something in the food that's going to allow the government to track you. I feel sorry for your kids, it's a lot for a kid to deal with when their parent is a nut case. My nieces have to deal with it, and it's not fun for them.

You people are absolutely nuts with all the conspiracy sh!t. How do you even order food at McDonalds without thinking there's something in the food that's going to allow the government to track you. I feel sorry for your kids, it's a lot for a kid to deal with when their parent is a nut case. My nieces have to deal with it, and it's not fun for them.
Is it a conspiracy when there is actual evidence? E-mails and records of phone calls? Copies of the grant proposals? A letter from NIH to EcoHealth Alliance for withholding and falsifying reports?

You are in denial on this issue.

Is it a conspiracy when there is actual evidence? E-mails and records of phone calls? Copies of the grant proposals? A letter from NIH to EcoHealth Alliance for withholding and falsifying reports?

It was, by definition, a conspiracy to curtail investigations driven by people with known conflicts of interest.
What some people don’t realize yet is that isn’t a ‘theory’, it’s an established fact.

Reactions: Stoopsbrother

I can't keep up with the day to day conspiracy garbage from the trump people. They just bounce from one to the next. It's truly a bunch of nut jobs that have allowed conspiracies to rule their daily life. Crazy people saying crazy sh!t.

Don't worry I'm sure I'll get caught up on all the conspiracies at Thanksgiving when I see my nutjob family members.

I can't keep up with the day to day conspiracy garbage from the trump people.
Why do you think Jamie Metzl, (who sits on the World Health Organization's advisory committee on human genome editing and is a former Bill Clinton administration staffer), Harvard scientist Dr. Alina Chan, and Lancet editor Dr. Richard Horton are ‘trump people’?

I can't keep up with the day to day conspiracy garbage from the trump people. They just bounce from one to the next. It's truly a bunch of nut jobs that have allowed conspiracies to rule their daily life. Crazy people saying crazy sh!t.

Don't worry I'm sure I'll get caught up on all the conspiracies at Thanksgiving when I see my nutjob family members.
I'm not a Trump person. I'm not a nut. It's fact that Fauci authorized a grant to EcoHealth Alliance to enhance the SARS virus to make it more infectious to humans.

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
Why do you think Jamie Metzl, (who sits on the World Health Organization's advisory committee on human genome editing and is a former Bill Clinton administration staffer), Harvard scientist Dr. Alina Chan, and Lancet editor Dr. Richard Horton are ‘trump people’?

You people are mentally draining, you just go from one thing to another and quote all this garbage and people. Don't you ever get tired of thinking the world is out to get you. The funny thing is, you actually think trump is your savior. Talk about a false prophet, and you people fall for it. Let's be honest you trump people aren't the best at being able to think with a level head. You might try medication, I know it's working for my family member, at least she's not thinking the government is looking in her windows anymore.

You people are mentally draining, you just go from one thing to another and quote all this garbage and people. Don't you ever get tired of thinking the world is out to get you. The funny thing is, you actually think trump is your savior. Talk about a false prophet, and you people fall for it. Let's be honest you trump people aren't the best at being able to think with a level head. You might try medication, I know it's working for my family member, at least she's not thinking the government is looking in her windows anymore.
Why do you dodge a simple question and start projecting any politician as ‘my savior’? Do you imagine any politician to be a savior? That’s a weird way to look at the world.

Is anyone who says something you disagree with ‘trump people’? Is that just a mental trick to avoid cognitive dissonance?

I’m genuinely curious why you think Jamie Metzl, (who sits on the World Health Organization's advisory committee on human genome editing and is a former Bill Clinton administration staffer), Harvard scientist Dr. Alina Chan, and Lancet editor Dr. Richard Horton are ‘trump people’?

• Haha
Reactions: Tom Paris
I'm not a Trump person. I'm not a nut. It's fact that Fauci authorized a grant to EcoHealth Alliance to enhance the SARS virus to make it more infectious to humans.

My sister used to say she wasn't a trump person or a nut too. Then she spent more time watching Fox news and now she a full blown nut. You might want to stay away from the nut job sites and all the garbage.

My sister used to say she wasn't a trump person or a nut too. Then she spent more time watching Fox news and now she a full blown nut. You might want to stay away from the nut job sites and all the garbage.
Seven posts and over 300 words of name calling and foaming at the mouth. Try to respond to the OP like a grownup.

Why do you dodge a simple question and start projecting any politician as ‘my savior’? Do you imagine any politician to be a savior? That’s a weird way to look at the world.

Is anyone who says something you disagree with ‘trump people’? Is that just a mental trick to avoid cognitive dissonance?

I’m genuinely curious why you think Jamie Metzl, (who sits on the World Health Organization's advisory committee on human genome editing and is a former Bill Clinton administration staffer), Harvard scientist Dr. Alina Chan, and Lancet editor Dr. Richard Horton are ‘trump people’?

Anything being promoted by Rand Paul and the trump republicans is just garbage. Talk about the boy who cried wolf, that what all the republicans are at this stage. There's no way to take them serious at all. Every day there's a new conspiracy and an attempt to get someone killed. It's garbage and garbage people, sorry if I don't take it serious, it's just a bunch of sh!t.

Anything being promoted by Rand Paul and the trump republicans is just garbage. Talk about the boy who cried wolf, that what all the republicans are at this stage. There's no way to take them serious at all. Every day there's a new conspiracy and an attempt to get someone killed. It's garbage and garbage people, sorry if I don't take it serious, it's just a bunch of sh!t.
Another deflection.
I didn’t ask you about Rand Paul.
I asked why you think Jamie Metzl, (who sits on the World Health Organization's advisory committee on human genome editing and is a former Bill Clinton administration staffer), Harvard scientist Dr. Alina Chan, and Lancet editor Dr. Richard Horton are ‘trump people’?

Another deflection.
I didn’t ask you about Rand Paul.
I asked why you think Jamie Metzl, (who sits on the World Health Organization's advisory committee on human genome editing and is a former Bill Clinton administration staffer), Harvard scientist Dr. Alina Chan, and Lancet editor Dr. Richard Horton are ‘trump people’?

Sorry, not my job to keep the trump mailing list. I think ihhawk has it.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Sorry, not my job to keep the trump mailing list. I think ihhawk has it.
Another deflection.
I’m asking YOU why YOU called them ‘trump people’.
Can you come up with any reason for having done so?

Another deflection.
I’m asking YOU why YOU called them ‘trump people’.
Can you come up with any reason for having done so?

At this point it's just another conspiracy theory and the people attracted to all the conspiracy sh!t are trump people. Get back to me when it's been proven Fauci committed a crime.

At this point it's just another conspiracy theory
There was a conspiracy to subvert the enhanced oversight Obama’s administration placed on gain of function research.
It’s not a theory, the facts are available from NIH:

The National Institutes of Health has stunningly admitted to funding gain-of-function research on bat coronaviruses at China’s Wuhan lab — despite Dr. Anthony Fauci repeatedly insisting to Congress that no such thing happened.

In a letter to Rep. James Comer (R-Ky.) on Wednesday, a top NIH official blamed EcoHealth Alliance — the New York City-based nonprofit that has funneled US funds to the Wuhan lab — for not being transparent about the work it was doing.

NIH’s principal deputy director, Lawrence A. Tabak, wrote in the letter that EcoHealth’s “limited experiment” tested whether “spike proteins from naturally occurring bat coronaviruses circulating in China were capable of binding to the human ACE2 receptor in a mouse model.”

The lab mice infected with the modified virus “became sicker” than those that were given the unmodified virus, according to Tabak.

“As sometimes occurs in science, this was an unexpected result of the research, as opposed to something that the researchers set out to do,” Tabak said.

Gain-of-function research refers to viruses being taken from animals before they are genetically altered in a lab to make them more transmissible to humans.

The admission from the NIH official directly contradicts Fauci’s testimony to Congress in May and July, when he denied the US had funded gain-of-function projects in Wuhan.

There was a conspiracy to subvert the enhanced oversight Obama’s administration placed on gain of function research.

The National Institutes of Health has stunningly admitted to funding gain-of-function research on bat coronaviruses at China’s Wuhan lab — despite Dr. Anthony Fauci repeatedly insisting to Congress that no such thing happened.

In a letter to Rep. James Comer (R-Ky.) on Wednesday, a top NIH official blamed EcoHealth Alliance — the New York City-based nonprofit that has funneled US funds to the Wuhan lab — for not being transparent about the work it was doing.

NIH’s principal deputy director, Lawrence A. Tabak, wrote in the letter that EcoHealth’s “limited experiment” tested whether “spike proteins from naturally occurring bat coronaviruses circulating in China were capable of binding to the human ACE2 receptor in a mouse model.”

The lab mice infected with the modified virus “became sicker” than those that were given the unmodified virus, according to Tabak.

“As sometimes occurs in science, this was an unexpected result of the research, as opposed to something that the researchers set out to do,” Tabak said.

Gain-of-function research refers to viruses being taken from animals before they are genetically altered in a lab to make them more transmissible to humans.

The admission from the NIH official directly contradicts Fauci’s testimony to Congress in May and July, when he denied the US had funded gain-of-function projects in Wuhan.

It is a conspiracy because you're piecing things together and drawing conclusions. I get it, you hate Fauci and want him to take the blame for covid, but don't expect me to be part of your nutjob plan. Today it's Fauci, tomorrow it will be someone else. Don't you ever get tired of thinking the government is out to get you.

This looks like a typical twisted NY Post article.

So if the condition is met (re-elect one of the worst US Senators) then he will actually do something about this very important issue. If it's so very important why is there a condition to be met before he takes any action?

This sounds like a giant piece of political garbage to me, and considering the source, I'm probably correct in that assessment.

Go for it. Not sure why anyone should feel threatened by this. Frankly if the GOP gains the House and the Senate, I hope they spend all of their efforts on investigations rather than legislation. Less damage done, and there’s potential for the blind squirrels to find a nut or two.

So the party of nothing, plans on doing nothing. That makes sense.
The GQP is telling us what they will do if they win one of the houses of Congress back. Goofball conspiracy minded hearings.
What happened to fighting inflation and protecting the border?

It's Rand Paul, what would you expect? He has zero redeeming value.
He is a full time grifter now. At one time he was viewed as an eccentric libertarian type. And, just like Marco Rubio, I think Paul said he was leaving the Senate if one of presidential bids failed. Well, it failed, and he looked around at returning to the real world, and he decided the grift was much easier and lucrative.

He is a full time grifter now. At one time he was viewed as an eccentric libertarian type. And, just like Marco Rubio, I think Paul said he was leaving the Senate if one of presidential bids failed. Well, it failed, and he looked around at returning to the real world, and he decided the grift was much easier and lucrative.
It's hard work becoming a millionaire as a dentist. Got to put in long hours over rotten teeth. But as a MAGA senator? Just spout some nonsense on Fox a few times a month and the money rolls in!

Are you listening to yourself? You are in Qanon territory here. Space lasers blowing up.....

After going over the cliff you don't know it, so I guess you're one of the green antennae people now.

ADVERTISEMENT