ADVERTISEMENT

Randolph Kpai Enters the Transfer Portal

nu2u

HR Legend
Aug 10, 2006
CB/LB out of Sioux Falls. Was offered by Iowa, visited, later signed with the Huskers. Never cracked the two-deeps at Nebraska which was a surprise to me. Athletic, disciplined and a text book tackler. I wonder if PP will take a second look.

• Haha
Reactions: HuskerNutjob
CB/LB out of Sioux Falls. Was offered by Iowa, visited, later signed with the Huskers. Never cracked the two-deeps at Nebraska which was a surprise to me. Athletic, disciplined and a text book tackler. I wonder if PP will take a second look.
Pass. If he’s not good enough to crack their two deeps, not interested.

Pass. If he’s not good enough to crack their two deeps, not interested.
Yeah I don’t know why he didn’t spark at Nebraska. I saw Kpai play a number of times in HS and thought he was a more athletic version of Seth Benson (same HS) who had a pretty decent career at Iowa. IIRC he had several high major offers.

• Haha
Reactions: HuskerNutjob
Every single one of those qualities is what kept him off the field for Nebby. Poor guy.

I’m guessing he was referencing that Frost did not think Burrow was good enough for Nebraska… I can’t recall if Frost said it, Burrow said it or someone in the media. But Nebraska did not want him so he went to LSU and the rest is history…
Went to OSU then transferred to LSU. The rest is history.

I think he fits Iowa perfectly, especially if Nick Jackson does not return.

Background bio:
https://www.argusleader.com/story/s...i-recruiting-stock-continues-rise/3620273002/

From the article (quoting his HS coach):

Stadem points to 2017 South Dakota Gatorade Player of the Year (and current Iowa Hawkeye) Seth Benson as the best linebacker he's ever seen in South Dakota.

But Kpai has the potential to be even better.

Whereas most defensive players don't necessarily stand out on film, Stadem said Kpai, not unlike Benson, has the speed, strength and flexibility to stand apart almost immediately.

"When I saw Randolph, I said that dude is a Big Ten linebacker," Stadem said. "For a young kid, he can use his body, he can use his length and he bends so well… He disrupts everything."

Iowa linebackers coach LeVar Woods came to a similar conclusion after watching just a couple minutes of Kpai's film earlier this year. He told Stadem he had seen enough and that they were going to offer him.

Sure enough, at Iowa's junior day in February, the Hawkeyes offered Kpai his first scholarship. He was overcome with emotion.

"I was speechless," Kpai said. "It was amazing."

He is 6'2 210 as a soph. Unless he is going to be our cash he is too small to play either one of our other LB positions.

maybe let him walk on or come crawling, but not a fan of offering nebby 3rd stringers

twd GIF by The Walking Dead

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT