ADVERTISEMENT

Rank 'Em - Even after 20 years, I'm still not certain which method is which.

NDallasRuss

HR Legend
Dec 5, 2002
Yes, I know there's a "legendary thread" that describes it, but it's old enough that most of the photo links are broken, so the descriptions don't make as much sense.

So here, there are four cars:

Fast-Furious-live-1024x682.jpg

From left to right we'll label them White, Yellow, Red, Pink

Say my preference is Red, Yellow, Pink, White

I know one method is to list them in the order that I prefer them. In this case that would be 3, 2, 4, 1. Which method is this?

The other method is to keep the cars in order, and assign their place in my ranking. In this case that would be 4, 2, 1, 3. Which method is this?

I know this will be ridiculed because it's been brought up ~1k times, but I'm certain I'm not the only one here who doesn't have this figured out. Or maybe I am, and it's all the collie-molesting that's got me confused... Either way, thanks!

Yes, I know there's a "legendary thread" that describes it, but it's old enough that most of the photo links are broken, so the descriptions don't make as much sense.

I know one method is to list them in the order that I prefer them. In this case that would be 3, 2, 4, 1. Which method is this?

The other method is to keep the cars in order, and assign their place in my ranking. In this case that would be 4, 2, 1, 3. Which method is this?

I know this will be ridiculed because it's been brought up ~1k times, but I'm certain I'm not the only one here who doesn't have this figured out. Or maybe I am, and it's all the collie-molesting that's got me confused... Either way, thanks!
Bolded is the only sane way to do it.

I am sticking to your second option because we are always talking a relatively small number of items we are critiquing. If it was like 25 cars, the other way might be better suited.

Reactions: NDallasRuss
This...always:

No clue which method. Appears it's M1.

I remember when the M1 vs M2 discovery happened. It separated old allies- Hawks vs Hawks, Noles vs Noles, Dems vs Dems and Repubs vs Repubs. It truly was a wild discovery.

Anyone remember the poster that discovered it?
Ole whazzer name, IIRC. She had/has a thing for straight ups, like maybe a one…

You're doing it wrong.

I remember when the M1 vs M2 discovery happened. It separated old allies- Hawks vs Hawks, Noles vs Noles, Dems vs Dems and Repubs vs Repubs. It truly was a wild discovery.

Anyone remember the poster that discovered it?
I don’t recall who figured it out but I remember there being a fight about “how can you possibly think the 3d from the left is the hottest?” And the other poster was like, “I don’t! What are you talking about? How are you ranking these?”

When it was revealed that there were two different methods, it was like discovering a new mathematical equation.

So are we supposed to make secks with these cars? I pick pink then. Red is danger. Yellow is sickly. And white is just necrophilia.

4, 3, 2, 1. M1

Sheesh you M2ers really do molest collies with a ranking like yours.
I like when this happens and it really confuses people. My ranking works both ways. M1 and M2 would be the same.

This argument moved over to warchant and caused quite a stir over there as well. Even to the point where a poster, i think it was dmm something, actually broke the 2 methods down with multiple pictures, arrows, and numbers all in different scenarios with M1 undoubtedly coming out on top, no questions asked. Even many die hard M2ers admitted defeat and changed sides due to his explanation and logic.

It was a gottdamn masterpice and woulda made the Warren Commission proud, back and to the left, back and to the left.

M1

This argument moved over to warchant and caused quite a stir over there as well. Even to the point where a poster, i think it was dmm something, actually broke the 2 methods down with multiple pictures, arrows, and numbers all in different scenarios with M1 undoubtedly coming out on top, no questions asked. Even many die hard M2ers admitted defeat and changed sides due to his explanation and logic.

It was a gottdamn masterpice and woulda made the Warren Commission proud, back and to the left, back and to the left.
The fact you need pictures and arrows to explain M1 proves it’s for those who molest collies vs just, and follow me here, ranking them left to right with their corresponding score.

M2

The fact you need pictures and arrows to explain M1 proves it’s for those who molest collies vs just, and follow me here, ranking them left to right with their corresponding score.
No. The graphics showed in detail both methods and explicity portrayed why M1 was clearly superior to M2.

ADVERTISEMENT