ADVERTISEMENT

Ray Rice paid grievance pay for 'wrongful termination from NFL.

Aegon_Targaryen

HR All-American
Gold Member
Apr 19, 2014
Ray Rice is getting paid for losing out last year and not being able to play. This right here gentlemen is a glaring example at what is wrong with the system. US Courts upheld technicalities, and surely didn't do justice any favors.

Knock out a girl...oh well.

What is justice? Conservatives point out all the time that courts should not consider justice, but only uphold the law. In this case, the law is upheld but you don't agree, so the courts should go back to a concept of justice?

Originally posted by theiacowtipper:

What is justice? Conservatives point out all the time that courts should not consider justice, but only uphold the law. In this case, the law is upheld but you don't agree, so the courts should go back to a concept of justice?
I have no problem with this if the court upheld the law.

If people don't like the law, they can try to get it changed.

Incidentally, that girl he "knocked out" happens to be his wife and in that capacity shares in his income.

One of the amusing aspects of this entire episode is that the "victim" has been penalized by the the recourse granted her by the system.

What a screwed up solution to a screwed up situation! She never even filed a complaint ... leading me to believe that she has whacked him plenty of times herself ... or that she did not see this as a big deal.

Originally posted by Titus Andronicus:
Incidentally, that girl he "knocked out" happens to be his wife and in that capacity shares in his income.

One of the amusing aspects of this entire episode is that the "victim" has been penalized by the the recourse granted her by the system.

What a screwed up solution to a screwed up situation! She never even filed a complaint ... leading me to believe that she has whacked him plenty of times herself ... or that she did not see this as a big deal.
Yes, there are so many things wrong with this story that it's hard to know where to even begin.

Rice hits woman, NFL finds out, says nothing, videotapes comes out, doesn't show whole story, Ray Rice stays, FULL video comes out, Ray Rice released, wife makes statement about her being fine and they are working through it, Rice finds way back into NFL, NFL is forced to award him for his "off-year", Rice and Wife are still together..........meanwhile the whole NFL against domestic abuse campaign continues to go on, and has accomplished nothing.

04NOMORECOVER-blog427-v2.jpg

At least Rice hasn't been picked up by anyone yet though. I hope to be pleasantly surprised and he never finds another NFL team.

Originally posted by ClarindaA's:
He shouldn't have been suspended for the year...what was the prescribed penalty at the time of the incident?

Posted from Rivals Mobile
This. He said what happened and was suspended for 2 games. The video comes out showing what he said happened did in fact happen and they punish him further because now it is on video? You can't be punished twice for the same offense.

"Back pay" or "retro pay" (as some call it) is a common remedy when discipline issued by the employer is found to be unjust or excessive. Given the circumstances, I would have been very surprised had he not been made whole.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT