ADVERTISEMENT

New Story RB Andrew Clair still has Iowa on top

Apr 8, 2003
Clair still has Iowa on top
Blair Sanderson | Editor

x5vflaz4zyctjtof5ytl

Class of 2017 running back Andrew Clair plans to wait until August before making a decision.
Rivals.com

Class of 2017 running back Andrew Clair has been a frequent visitor to Iowa City since the Hawkeyes offered over a year ago and was back on campus this weekend for another junior day visit. We caught up with the 5-foot-9, 170-pound St. Louis native afterwards to get his thoughts on the trip, where he is currently at in the recruiting process, when he might decide, and much more.

Q: How did your visit to Iowa go today?

CLAIR: It went well as usual. It’s still the same, but it gets better every time I visit. It’s still the top school on my list right now.

Q: What was the highlight of getting back there, just meeting with the coaches again mainly?

CLAIR: Yeah, I would probably say the coaches and the people that I was up there with. It seemed like everybody that went up there really enjoyed it.

Q: There were a lot of players from St. Louis in today. Do you know most of those guys?

CLAIR: Yes sir. I know Kamryn Babb, Dallas Craddieth, Trevor Trout, Dyllan Conway, and a lot of them.

Q: Talking with the coaches, who did you meet with and what did they say?

CLAIR: When we went with our positions, Coach White was talking like I already played for him. It just made me feel like I could be playing there for real one day.

Q: So talking to you like you’re a commit, but you’re not yet, right?

CLAIR: No sir.

Q: Having Iowa as your leader, are there thoughts about committing when you visit, or is there a certain timetable you want to stick to with your recruiting?

CLAIR: Today, I did kind of think about it, but I told myself to just calm down and wait and enjoy my recruitment. I’m going to hold off until August. By early August, I’m going to commit some school whether it’s Iowa or any place else.

Q: What are your offers right now?

CLAIR: Iowa and NIU.

Q: What are the other main schools you’re hearing from?

CLAIR: I’m hearing from Syracuse, Western Michigan, Penn State, Duke, and Navy.

Q: Do you have any more upcoming visits?

CLAIR: I have a couple camps coming up, but I might be visiting Syracuse in April and maybe Memphis, Western Michigan, and Navy sometime too.

As a junior, Clair averaged 8.9 yards per carry, finishing the season with 1,303 yards and 21 touchdowns at SLUH.

See highlights from Clair's junior year in the video below.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News