ADVERTISEMENT

New Story RB Kendrick Raphael decommits from Iowa

crap-adam-driver.gif

That’s tough, I think it’s a mixture of KJ Potential success and NIL. Teams are probably making promises he can’t turn down. Can someone come up with former RB decommits that went off to the NFL? Melvin Gordon comes to mind.

That’s tough, I think it’s a mixture of KJ Potential success and NIL. Teams are probably making promises he can’t turn down. Can someone come up with former RB decommits that went off to the NFL? Melvin Gordon comes to mind.

Eno Benjamin

God I hope this holds true, we had a great stable of tight ends before yelverton and maimen decided to leave
And they never really flashed on the field. Jazzy and KJ have both looked good, as have the 2 Williams. If Kendrick thinks he can do better elsewhere, he's not ready to commit. Better now than in December. If Iowa progresses, they'll do fine recruiting another back. Ladell is no slouch.

And they never really flashed on the field. Jazzy and KJ have both looked good, as have the 2 Williams. If Kendrick thinks he can do better elsewhere, he's not ready to commit. Better now than in December. If Iowa progresses, they'll do fine recruiting another back. Ladell is no slouch.
I am fully on board with betts being a great recruiting albeit small sample size. I’m worried he doesn’t have a ton to work with this year. The sky is no falling by any means, but it is time for Kirk to take a hands off approach to the offense.

Eno Benjamin

Reactions: millah_22
Or it doesn't matter, because in 2 years most of us won't care about him anyway. Iowa has a good, young stable of running backs.
A stable of running backs that can be injured or transfer at any time. Having a totally worthless offensive philosophy has consequences....likely more of this to come but Kirk gets his 7 mil either way so NBD

Having literally zero offense has a lot to do with this. It’s a business decision and he’s not going to have a much of a future at Iowa as long as the Yakety Sax theme keeps playing every time Iowa snaps the ball.
Are you certain or is what you're saying conjecture?

Didn't want him anyway. I heard he has grade problems and is a locker room cancer. That, and all the young talent we have stockpiled at running back scared him off. Did I miss anything?
Oh yeah, and I forgot the most recent lost recruit lament.

If we only had a NIL program to compete with others who are throwing a million dollars at every one of our recruits!!

Reactions: littlez
KF can control the narrative in the locker room and keep the team together when the offense sucks but he can’t control it outside the locking room - and when your offense is the laughing stock of college football it affects recruiting.

ADVERTISEMENT