ADVERTISEMENT

Read this article, written by a black man.

JesusIsKing

HR MVP
Oct 25, 2019
Very good read. I've been saying that police don't hunt down black citizens. This article is backed up with facts. I find it interesting none of the white people listed that were killed by police had videos of the incident paraded on broadcast news. Very interesting. I bring this up simply because there is a false narrative that has been perpetrated. We are being played. Main piece from the article.

Two things changed my mind: stories and data.

First, the stories. Each story in this paragraph involves a police officer killing an unarmed white person. (To demonstrate how commonly this happens, I have taken all of them from a single year, 2015, chosen at random). Timothy Smith was killed by a police officer who mistakenly thought he was reaching into his waistband to grab a gun; the shooting was ruled justified. William Lemmon was killed after he allegedly failed to show his hands upon request; the shooting was ruled justified. Ryan Bolinger was shot dead by a cop who said he was moving strangely and walking toward her; the shooting was ruled justified. Derek Cruice was shot in the face after he opened the door for police officers serving a warrant for a drug arrest; the cops recovered marijuana from the property, and the shooting was ruled justified. Daniel Elrod robbed a dollar store, and, when confronted by police, allegedly failed to raise his hands upon request (though his widow, who witnessed the event, insists otherwise); he was shot dead. No criminal charges were filed. Ralph Willis was shot dead when officers mistakenly thought that he was reaching for a gun. David Cassick was shot twice in the back by a police officer while lying face down on the ground. Six-year-old Jeremy Mardis was killed by a police officer while sitting in the passenger seat of a car; the officer’s intended target was Jeremy’s father, who was sitting in the driver’s seat with his hands raised out the window. Autumn Steele was shot dead when a police officer, startled by her German shepherd, immediately fired his weapon at the animal, catching her in the crossfire. Shortly after he killed her, bodycam footage revealed the officer’s despair: “I’m f------ going to prison,” he says. The officer was not disciplined.

For brevity’s sake, I will stop here. But the list goes on.

https://www.city-journal.org/reflec...?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Organic_Social

Very good read. I've been saying that police don't hunt down black citizens. This article is backed up with facts. I find it interesting none of the white people listed that were killed by police had videos of the incident paraded on broadcast news. Very interesting. I bring this up simply because there is a false narrative that has been perpetrated. We are being played. Main piece from the article.

First, the stories. Each story in this paragraph involves a police officer killing an unarmed white person. (To demonstrate how commonly this happens, I have taken all of them from a single year, 2015, chosen at random). Timothy Smith was killed by a police officer who mistakenly thought he was reaching into his waistband to grab a gun; the shooting was ruled justified. William Lemmon was killed after he allegedly failed to show his hands upon request; the shooting was ruled justified. Ryan Bolinger was shot dead by a cop who said he was moving strangely and walking toward her; the shooting was ruled justified. Derek Cruice was shot in the face after he opened the door for police officers serving a warrant for a drug arrest; the cops recovered marijuana from the property, and the shooting was ruled justified. Daniel Elrod robbed a dollar store, and, when confronted by police, allegedly failed to raise his hands upon request (though his widow, who witnessed the event, insists otherwise); he was shot dead. No criminal charges were filed. Ralph Willis was shot dead when officers mistakenly thought that he was reaching for a gun. David Cassick was shot twice in the back by a police officer while lying face down on the ground. Six-year-old Jeremy Mardis was killed by a police officer while sitting in the passenger seat of a car; the officer’s intended target was Jeremy’s father, who was sitting in the driver’s seat with his hands raised out the window. Autumn Steele was shot dead when a police officer, startled by her German shepherd, immediately fired his weapon at the animal, catching her in the crossfire. Shortly after he killed her, bodycam footage revealed the officer’s despair: “I’m f------ going to prison,” he says. The officer was not disciplined.

https://www.city-journal.org/reflec...?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Organic_Social

swarajya%2F2020-06%2F0baa89c5-9acb-4316-9052-3216cba4b603%2Fblack_jesus_white_jesus.jpg

N

Jesus-if this ain't the Rapture go on back to Heaven with that bs. Take that twenty something version of Shelby Steele with you. Come back on Nov 3 or 4th 2020, after a vaccine for The Virus is available or after Luka Garza cuts down the nets on April 5th 2021. Leave us sinners be. Please?

Well that depends on the quality of the poster. Perhaps the name is too good for him.

So something like ChrisDavisIsKing might be better? His negative WAR the last couple years along with the large contract burden that lines up with the negative he is to this board and how it looks like we are stuck with him?

So something like ChrisDavisIsKing might be better? His negative WAR the last couple years along with the large contract burden that lines up with the negative he is to this board and how it looks like we are stuck with him?
Ouch

N

Jesus-if this ain't the Rapture go on back to Heaven with that bs. Take that twenty something version of Shelby Steele with you. Come back on Nov 3 or 4th 2020, after a vaccine for The Virus is available or after Luka Garza cuts down the nets on April 5th 2021. Leave us sinners be. Please?

Righto, we don't want any of that free speech stuff around this place.

On one level I agree. It’s mainly a policing problem in the way all people in poverty are treated. But on the other hand, blacks make up a disproportionate share of those below the poverty line, so it disproportionately affects them. That and statistical evidence in bias of use of force (just not deadly force).

Was this posted in the Lounge and moved here? Just reading it now. Dumbass move if it was originally posted there.

Ok, ok, I got it. Now, what about the stats and facts that were presented by the author in the article. I believe it's a fair article.

Ok, ok, I got it. Now, what about the stats and facts that were presented by the author in the article. I believe it's a fair article.
As do I. It’s old news. I’ve known this well before Minneapolis. I agree with the author, but it’s never changing their opinions. BLM is a bs movement based on misinformation and media hysteria. If you fight it, you’re a “racist bigot.” Lose Lose scenario.

ADVERTISEMENT