ADVERTISEMENT

Real or Fake?

tenor.gif

Last edited:

I'm not convinced that the title thread is serious but, for anyone "buying" into the possibility that this Tweet is accurate, look at this one:

Think about this comment . . . "some Big 10 teams are threatening to go play in the Big 12 and ACC this Fall." Really? The Big 12 and ACC are going to expand their football schedules to accommodate the B1G? Because . . . guess what . . . both the Big 12 and ACC football schedules have been filled.

The only thing I'll say is that even with all the other criticisms Warren and the Presidents are facing, the more it appears that the majority of the P5 conferences are committed to playing, the more pressure it puts on the Big Ten and Pac 12 to cave and reopen shop.

I really don't think they want to deal with trying to make a Spring schedule work, especially since at best it would amount to just one postseason game, most likely a Spring version of the traditional Rose Bowl (though probably not out in Pasadena in this hypothetical scenario). Everyone else would just be playing to say they got a season in for the seniors and guys with NFL prospects who need the tape..........

The B1G office quit on all the student athletes in fall sports that gave everything they had to be ready for their fall sport. It’s sad they can’t come up with a plan to play when the NBA, NHL, MLB, and NFL are playing or going to play. Add in the other conferences that are committed to playing this fall along with all the high school sports too. Youth sports too were able to play this summer but the B1G can’t?

I thought the B1G was the conference of higher learning but I guess that’s not the case since they had five plus months to come up with a system/program to play. What an abject failure the B1G is proving to be without Jim Delaney’s leadership when it is needed the most.

ADVERTISEMENT