ADVERTISEMENT

Real Woods to the Hawks!!

@rcamp67 Typing slower will never help me understand such hypocritical comments. You see, it doesn’t matter how fast you type, it only matters how fast I read. However, maybe typing slower will help you with grammatical errors. But since I’m “Einstein” I can figure out what you meant.

Either way, I am at the very least satisfied with you admitting you’re a hypocrite. That’s something not everyone would do. I know what the next step is, the ignore button, which doesn’t bother me at all. It will only help you have one less person hold you accountable for what you say.

Good luck to Real, the team race for next year is already more interesting less than a month after NCAAs.
Please explain to me how I am hypocritical for wanting good things for my favorite team and not wanting good things for rivals. Maybe you have a different dictionary than the rest of us?

@rcamp67 Typing slower will never help me understand such hypocritical comments. You see, it doesn’t matter how fast you type, it only matters how fast I read. However, maybe typing slower will help you with grammatical errors. But since I’m “Einstein” I can figure out what you meant.

Either way, I am at the very least satisfied with you admitting you’re a hypocrite. That’s something not everyone would do. I know what the next step is, the ignore button, which doesn’t bother me at all. It will only help you have one less person hold you accountable for what you say.

Good luck to Real, the team race for next year is already more interesting less than a month after NCAAs.
If I had ever bashed PSU for getting transfers or claimed it was wrong or unethical you might have something here. I haven’t and you don’t. You said if you’re upset when PSU gets transfers be upset now that Iowa got a transfer. No. That is not how fandom works you freaking imbecile.

Please explain to me how I am hypocritical for wanting good things for my favorite team and not wanting good things for rivals. Maybe you have a different dictionary than the rest of us?

I also think you’re hypocritical. You’re saying it’s wrong when PSU does it but it’s ok if Iowa does it. (Edit: I thought this was your point but maybe it isn’t and I’m misunderstanding.)

But that said, the fact that you’re owning it is quite refreshing and I give you nothing but kudos for it. There are worse things than being a hypocrite. Like, for instance, being a fan of a team that’s dominating college wrestling yet being so insecure you spend a considerable amount of time trolling another team’s message board.

I also think you’re hypocritical. You’re saying it’s wrong when PSU does it but it’s ok if Iowa does it. (Edit: I thought this was your point but maybe it isn’t and I’m misunderstanding.)

But that said, the fact that you’re owning it is quite refreshing and I give you nothing but kudos for it. There are worse things than being a hypocrite. Like, for instance, being a fan of a team that’s dominating college wrestling yet being so insecure you spend a considerable amount of time trolling another team’s message board.
I NEVER said it’s wrong when PSU does it. A PSU troll said if you’re upset when PSU does it then you have to be upset when Iowa does it. That is an idiotic take. I do not like it when PSU gets better. I like it when Iowa gets better. Man. How earth shattering is that?

Very thoughtful of PSU fans to take up the responsibility of ‘keeping us in check’ on transfer/NIL takes.

Its a simple situation, really. Real Woods decided to go the best college wrestling team for 2 out of the last 3 years, and felt like making it 3 out of 4 and 4 out 5 the next 2 years. Iowa owns the 2020s, stop living in the 2010s you delusional PSU fans.
Congrats on the great pickup.

2020s:

Iowa: 1 individual won 1 National Championship
PSU: 5 individuals won 9 National Championships

Iowa has 1 Team National Championship, PSU has 1 Team National Championship. PSU is going to be heavily favored to win another Championship next year as well, even with the transfer.

Thus far, the facts do not support Iowa's "ownership" of the 2020s.

Last edited:
Reactions: PSUer1989

rcamp67 has not been hypocritical that I’ve seen.
This is a solid get for the Hawks & their has been a good relationship with the program for a long time.

Reactions: SPOONER
If I had ever bashed PSU for getting transfers or claimed it was wrong or unethical you might have something here. I haven’t and you don’t. You said if you’re upset when PSU gets transfers be upset now that Iowa got a transfer. No. That is not how fandom works you freaking imbecile.
Einstein was far from an imbecile, so choose which I am. You decided to reply to my original post about being hypocritical and defending yourself. When people defend themselves without being called out directly, that’s an admission of guilt. If you never bashed Cael for “recruiting over” then there was no reason to reply, as my comment wasn’t directed at you. I specifically said that some on here were bashing Cael for doing the same thing TNT just did. Those same people now condone it, which is hypocritical. How earth shattering is that?

Let me clarify something for the criminally slow trolls. Being upset about something does not equal thinking something immoral or wrong is happening. Upset is a verb that means being unhappy, disappointed, or worried. Shockingly Webster doesn’t even mention slush fund in its definition.

Reactions: 24 so far
Einstein was far from an imbecile, so choose which I am. You decided to reply to my original post about being hypocritical and defending yourself. When people defend themselves without being called out directly, that’s an admission of guilt. If you never bashed Cael for “recruiting over” then there was no reason to reply, as my comment wasn’t directed at you. I specifically said that some on here were bashing Cael for doing the same thing TNT just did. Those same people now condone it, which is hypocritical. How earth shattering is that?
Reread your last sentence in the original post I replied to. Good grief.

Reread your last sentence in the original post I replied to. Good grief.
Didn’t know I had to break it that far down for you. Maybe I should type slower. Let me rephrase, if you’re pissed PSU recruits over, be pissed now. Is that better?

Didn’t know I had to break it that far down for you. Maybe I should type slower. Let me rephrase, if you’re pissed PSU recruits over, be pissed now. Is that better?
Maybe a little but not much. I would still say I’m pissed when they recruit over because it makes them better and I don’t like that. I like it when we recruit over because it makes us better and I like it when we get better.

Reactions: el dub
Congrats on the great pickup.

2020s:

Iowa: 1 individual won 1 National Championship
PSU: 5 individuals won 9 National Championships

Iowa has 1 Team National Championship, PSU has 1 Team National Championship. PSU is going to be heavily favored to win another Championship next year as well, even with the transfer.

Thus far, the facts do not support Iowa's "ownership" of the 2020s.
4mh0t6.jpg

Maybe a little but not much. I would still say I’m pissed when they recruit over because it makes them better and I don’t like that. I like it when we recruit over because it makes us better and I like it when we get better.
So you say you’re not a hypocrite, then admit you’re a hypocrite without actually admitting it. I’ve watched this board forever. There are a lot of PSU fans that come on this board regularly and comment. I am not one of those. I have congratulated the team and individuals when it calls for it. I watched every single PA kid on your team go through the ranks and wish them success. Watching this board, one thing is for sure, hawk fans are passionate. They’ll all jump on a troll in a heartbeat to defend their own. The fact that they’re all letting you defend this on your own should tell you something. Think about it.

So you say you’re not a hypocrite, then admit you’re a hypocrite without actually admitting it. I’ve watched this board forever. There are a lot of PSU fans that come on this board regularly and comment. I am not one of those. I have congratulated the team and individuals when it calls for it. I watched every single PA kid on your team go through the ranks and wish them success. Watching this board, one thing is for sure, hawk fans are passionate. They’ll all jump on a troll in a heartbeat to defend their own. The fact that they’re all letting you defend this on your own should tell you something. Think about it.
Listen you schmuck, why are you here antagonizing hawk fans? We respect freedom of speech over here more than your cute little echo chamber that is BWI, but you’re wearing out your welcome.

#Free55onBWI

• Haha
Reactions: pawrestlersintn
Listen you schmuck, why are you here antagonizing hawk fans? We respect freedom of speech over here more than your cute little echo chamber that is BWI, but you’re wearing out your welcome.

#Free55onBWI
Antagonizing? Made a post to call out hypocritical statements, and have only replied to one individual who replied to me. Weird you say you respect freedom of speech and tell me I’m wearing out my welcome all in one sentence.

Alright. I will try to help you out one last time. Judging by your reaction I believe you meant to type something along the lines of…. If you think it’s wrong for PSU to recruit over then you should think it’s wrong for Iowa to recruit over. I would agree with that statement. That is not at all what you typed. I reacted to what you actually typed and not what you apparently meant. Crazy of me I know. You said if you are upset when PSU recruits over you should be upset when Iowa does it. That is simply an idiotic take.

I though you had an idiotic take. I can now see it’s just that you have a very weak grasp of the English language.

Reactions: GoHawks1996
I though you had an idiotic take. I can now see it’s just that you have a very weak grasp of the English language.
My grasp on the English language is fine. Your grasp on reality is weak. I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt since apparently I have to be super specific for you to understand, that’s fine. Then, you come back to agree with what I said, and tell me it’s an idiotic take. However, since I am wearing out my welcome, this will be the last post on the issue. I’ll still be here to read you try to defend yourself while simultaneously make me look bad. For those reading the back and forth, you’re failing miserably and actually making yourself look bad, but I digress. Good luck in the rest of the offseason, hopefully you don’t condone recruiting over too many more guys because how will other top recruits view that? They may start looking elsewhere and then what? Yes, I have a very good memory and pay attention on both boards.

My grasp on the English language is fine. Your grasp on reality is weak. I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt since apparently I have to be super specific for you to understand, that’s fine. Then, you come back to agree with what I said, and tell me it’s an idiotic take. However, since I am wearing out my welcome, this will be the last post on the issue. I’ll still be here to read you try to defend yourself while simultaneously make me look bad. For those reading the back and forth, you’re failing miserably and actually making yourself look bad, but I digress. Good luck in the rest of the offseason, hopefully you don’t condone recruiting over too many more guys because how will other top recruits view that? They may start looking elsewhere and then what? Yes, I have a very good memory and pay attention on both boards.
Don’t you have anything better to do??
You’re like the psycho girlfriend who won’t just go away.

Well I’m glad you have a good memory and pay attention on both boards as I’ve never even visited your board. And no I did not agree with what you typed. I agreed with what I now perceive you meant. I will still be upset if PSU lands a transfer and I will still be happy if Iowa lands one all the while not being the least bit hypocritical in that stance.

Reactions: Gobblin and el dub
Sorry for the derail guys. I was just flabbergasted that someone would think it’s hypocritical to be upset with the success of a rival and happy with the success of someone’s favorite team. I’ll let it go.

Sorry for the derail guys. I was just flabbergasted that someone would think it’s hypocritical to be upset with the success of a rival and happy with the success of someone’s favorite team. I’ll let it go.
Guys gotta stand his ground, specially when dealing these psu dipsticks who have nothing better to do than stir crap on a different teams message board.

Reactions: rcamp67
I NEVER said it’s wrong when PSU does it. A PSU troll said if you’re upset when PSU does it then you have to be upset when Iowa does it. That is an idiotic take. I do not like it when PSU gets better. I like it when Iowa gets better. Man. How earth shattering is that?
You guys dont get it yet? anything posted on HR by a hawk fan is the same opinion of every other Hawk fan that post on HR. Someone else once said that PSU cheats so therefore that must also be what youre saying now

Buddy of mine visits their board and they now have a ranking of posters here. Sick group of people over there. Beyond ironic that we’re the “hypocrites”
They have a thread that constantly discusses Iowa and most of their other ones end up going there too. Not to mention the cockroaches scurrying over here all the time. There are maybe 4 or so Iowa fans that post there regularly and they are much more decent than their people here. If our moderator enforcement was like theirs they would all be off of here.

A couple things to think about here. Hensen was going to be small at 141 and will be a lot better at 133. Kinda get the psu guys calling us out a little bit but the Big difference we didn’t/don’t have a returning AA and/or #1 recruit at the weight either.

A couple things to think about here. Hensen was going to be small at 141 and will be a lot better at 133. Kinda get the psu guys calling us out a little bit but the Big difference we didn’t/don’t have a returning AA and/or #1 recruit at the weight either.
I agree Wyatt seemed a bit small at 141. Guys like Hart from Mizzou dwarfed him.

Reactions: Gobblin
Iowa beat that 100K offer from PSU? Being facetious all around, nice pick up for the hawks. Kind of sucks to see Henson recruited over but that's how the game is played at this level I suppose.
From The Open Mat forum

[quote author=BroncoSaurus link=topic=39044.msg585982#msg585982 date=1648994803]
According to Pat Mineo this is what it cost to get Woods to commit to the Hawkeyes:

$200k+ NIL/HWC

Which confuses me (not hard to do). Does this mean he is being PAID $200,000 AND in addition to that he is getting more money via a N.I.L. deal from Hawkeye boosters and he is also a part of the Hawkeye Wrestling Club? How can he be getting paid $200 k to wrestle in college. I know that N.I.L. deals (legalized NCAA corruption) are now okay (within the guidelines set forth by the NCAA) but just outright paying an NCAA athlete is still NOT okay as I understand it.

If that is the case then NCAA athletics are no more as far as I'm concerned. It's now everything goes and the best athletes go to the schools who can afford to pay them more.

I don't care to watch professional athletes play games - which is why I rarely watch an NFL game and why I no longer watch the Olympics either. Now it appears NCAA athletics are no different.
[/quote]

• Haha
Reactions: Gobblin
From The Open Mat forum

[quote author=BroncoSaurus link=topic=39044.msg585982#msg585982 date=1648994803]
According to Pat Mineo this is what it cost to get Woods to commit to the Hawkeyes:

$200k+ NIL/HWC

Which confuses me (not hard to do). Does this mean he is being PAID $200,000 AND in addition to that he is getting more money via a N.I.L. deal from Hawkeye boosters and he is also a part of the Hawkeye Wrestling Club? How can he be getting paid $200 k to wrestle in college. I know that N.I.L. deals (legalized NCAA corruption) are now okay (within the guidelines set forth by the NCAA) but just outright paying an NCAA athlete is still NOT okay as I understand it.

If that is the case then NCAA athletics are no more as far as I'm concerned. It's now everything goes and the best athletes go to the schools who can afford to pay them more.

I don't care to watch professional athletes play games - which is why I rarely watch an NFL game and why I no longer watch the Olympics either. Now it appears NCAA athletics are no different.

This tanked at according to Pat Mineo, not to mention PSU has been paying guys off long before nil existed.

Recap: I’m not a poopy head, YOU’RE a poopy head.

No I’m not. YOU’RE a poopy head.

I never said that.

Yes you did.

Well, I never said it, but I MEANT it.

No you didn’t.

Yes, I did.
Which was worse for this board's image: a) the exchange to which you reference b) the use of a 4chan-esque Pepe the Frog image out of nowhere?

It's a close call for me. I feel dumber, regardless.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: el dub
From The Open Mat forum

$200k+ NIL/HWC

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!! (Deep breath)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT