ADVERTISEMENT

Realignment rumors

The Big XII ADs put on a good face, but I doubt they are too jazzed about selling 10k fewer tickets at half the price when UCF and Cincinnati are coming to town in place of OU and Texas. That bill hasn’t been sent yet, and a lot of ADs/coaches will be gone when it comes due.

At least at ISU, they basically don't sell any more tickets for OU/UT than they do for any other school.

The determining factors for ticket sales for ISU are good weather and if the team is good.

Too bad we can't shove out Rutgers.

Looking back, they absolutely lucked out by joining the B10. With all the other realignment, there is a very very real possibility that they would be relegated to the AAC right now if not for the B10
Rutgers needed no shoving to get to AAC. They were in the AAC.

Let the hate flow…..we love it. There’s only one reason for it, the reason is we’ve witnessed our program accomplish goals you never have and most likely never will see Iowa football achieve. It is glorious. I love you hapless fools and your obvious envy.
Whats that uncle Rico? Just another sad little broken nebbie fan spending every day on another team's forum. What a pathetic embarrassing loser you are, just like your doormat programs.

Here is something one must consider about Rutgers and NJ. Per Rivals NJ had 42 kids go D1 FBS last year. Oregon +Washington had 38 combined. NJ has about 9.25 million people. Oregon and Washington combined has a little more than 12 million. North Carolina + Virginia has 19.5 million. SO I say go after them UNC and UVA

Last edited:
I agree on the OU/Wash numbers seeming to come up short but with the added provision that most of those NYC/Rutgers area population numbers include a crap ton of people who don’t care about college sports at all.

Several weeks ago the retired Fox Sports TV Exec ??? Thompson said with conference getting larger now, future expansion would be driven by the “compelling matchups” to drive TV ratings. And although the Rutgers addition should not be the bar needed to clear for future new members, OU and Wash vs most current B1G schools would provide more “compelling matchups” for national TV audiences than Rutgers vs many of those same teams.

Note: I am Switzerland on adding OU and Washington to the B1G.

Reactions: sammyk
Let the hate flow…..we love it. There’s only one reason for it, the reason is we’ve witnessed our program accomplish goals you never have and most likely never will see Iowa football achieve. It is glorious. I love you hapless fools and your obvious envy.

There is an entire generation of Nebraska fans that have only seen their team do much less than Iowa in the same time.

But please, continue with the Al Bundy routine about how awesome the 90s were.

I soak up your salty tears bitch. I love knowing that you know that I know Iowa football will always be less than. Feeeels good.
LOL!! The only thing anyone under 40 knows is that for most of their adult lives Nebraska athletics has been a laughing stock. Hey, here's another fun fact. Nebraska is one of 2 athletic departments in all of P5 whose football, basketball, and baseball teams all failed to even make a post season appearance this year. Pretty heady stuff. Iowa sure can't make those claims.

Do something this century. Then drag your sorry ass back here and you can puff out your chest loser.

Last edited:
Rutgers = TV sets and a ton of recruits. Washington and Oregon really do not move the needle for the BIG. UNC and UVA would
Washington has the 13th largest population in the country, right behind Virginia. They're also very highly ranked academically and a recent history of quality football teams. Oregon has the 27th largest population and high quality football and basketball. These are high quality adds should they join.

Plus, the Pacific Northwest is spectacular and a great destination for a game.

Washington has the 13th largest population in the country, right behind Virginia. They're also very highly ranked academically and a recent history of quality football teams. Oregon has the 27th largest population and high quality football and basketball. These are high quality adds should they join.

Plus, the Pacific Northwest is spectacular and a great destination for a game.
North Carolina is 9th in population And VA is 12th and I would venture to say that academics at UNC and UVA might be a little better than Oregon and Washington. Now I will agree Ore and Wash are great places for football games but it's a much easier flight, drive, bike ride , walk is easier to VA and NC. But who knows what will happen

Last edited:
Reactions: ClarindaA's
North Carolina is 9th in population And VA is 12th and I would venture to say that academics at UNC and UVA might be a little better than Oregon and Washington. Now I will agree Ore and Wash are great places for football games but it's a much easier flight, drive, bike ride , walk is easier to VA and NC
I've got nothing against UNC or Virginia. They'd be high quality adds as well. I'm just partial to the PNW.

North Carolina is 9th in population And VA is 12th and I would venture to say that academics at UNC and UVA might be a little better than Oregon and Washington. Now I will agree Ore and Wash are great places for football games but it's a much easier flight, drive, bike ride , walk is easier to VA and NC. But who knows what will happen
IMO, adding Wash and UO will be easier once the PAC 12 is blown up and are good fits with USC and UCLA junping on board. Add in that the ACC has a TV contract through 2036(?) it's going to be extremely difficult for the BIG or SEC to add ANY ACC school. That is unless ESPN lets them out of said contract.

IMO, adding Wash and UO will be easier once the PAC 12 is blown up and are good fits with USC and UCLA junping on board. Add in that the ACC has a TV contract through 2036(?) it's going to be extremely difficult for the BIG or SEC to add ANY ACC school. That is unless ESPN lets them out of said contract.
I think the natural rivalry argument can be made for all 4. Maryland, being a former ACC member has a long history with UNC and Virginia.

I think the natural rivalry argument can be made for all 4. Maryland, being a former ACC member has a long history with UNC and Virginia.
I'd have no problem with VA and UNC in the BIG, I don't think it is possible given the TV contract. Than again, what do I know?

Reactions: jonesy5960
USC/UCLA need partners in the west to mitigate their travel ...it's that simple, and it will happen.

After the Pac 12 is officially rendered sub-standard on any potential media deal and it implodes UO/UW will become members, you can bank on it.

Once the ACC implodes you will see further additions... UNC/VA are excellent candidates for sure.

ND will always remain the B1G's #1 target, but we all know it won't happen until ND is forced into it.

As I have stated (and will continue to state), going past 20 members is beyond cumbersome and the dilution of per school payout will become way more dramatic. Just don't see it happening.

Final conferences standing will be:

B1G (20)
SEC (20)
---
Big 12 (16-20)
---
Remaining scrubs from Pac 12 joining the MWC (12)
MAC (12)
A weak "Big East", remaining scrubs from ACC combined with select schools from AAC/CUSA/Sun Belt/etc (12-16)
---
Then 2-3 super weak scrub conferences with the remaining wannbe D-1 schools

It really doesn't behoove the B1G to expand much more beyond the current 16, although if ND is pressed to join a conference then the B1G makes the most sense and it does move the dial from a $media$ perspective.

Yes, I could understand adding at least 2 more west coast teams for anchoring that part of the country and for travel partner considerations...so UO/UW would be the apparent targets. You then would need 1 more addition to level out the conference at 20 ...(imo that would be a school like Stanford due to it's rivalry with ND and it's academics/research)... but then I think they stand pat.

Yeah, if/when the ACC implodes you can talk about getting a footprint into Florida by adding Miami....but then you'd almost definitely need at least one more southern school to act as travel-partner. Who would that be? FSU? Clemson? GaTech? None of them really move the dial, although I guess GaTech and the Atlanta market could possibly make them viable. The real gem for any future ACC poaching is UNC. They have everything the B1G is looking for, but I doubt they would be as interested unless you also bring in one of their historic rivals like Duke or Virginia.

Lots to speculate about for sure.
I agree in UNC. I think the SEC will fight hard to get UNC is available.

Yea but the Black Friday games against Nebraska has been pretty great exposure for the program.

In 2021, the game set a viewership record as the most watched game in BTN history. I know that scheduling may go away in the future, but for the most part the football rivalry has been good for Iowa (especially when we beat the breaks off them for half a decade).

The problem with USC/UCLA argument for OU and Washington to ease travel costs, etc. is the number of recent reports that the LA schools don’t want either in the B1G. They want exclusivity for their B1G membership on the west coast.
Doesn’t make logistic or politic sense to me, but that has been often repeated in the nation media.

LOL!! The only thing anyone under 40 knows is that for most of their adult lives Nebraska athletics has been a laughing stock. Hey, here's another fun fact. Nebraska is one of 2 athletic departments in all of P5 whose football, basketball, and baseball teams all failed to even make a post season appearance this year. Pretty heady stuff. Iowa sure can't make those claims.

Do something this century. Then drag your sorry ass back here and you can puff out your chest loser.
Iowa math I guess, I’ll help you out later. First I’ll give you a chance to rethink your idiotic post.

That all may be true but do you really think the B1G wants just two more teams? 8 is what they want

Reactions: sammyk
I've got nothing against UNC or Virginia. They'd be high quality adds as well. I'm just partial to the PNW.
Plus it gives UCLA and USC 2 other West coast partners. Seattle as of the 2020 census is the 15th biggest metro market, up 16% in population and Portland is the 25th, up 12% . Obviously Portland is a little bit away from Eugene but not far and the biggest market in the area. Would take in a heartbeat.

The problem with USC/UCLA argument for OU and Washington to ease travel costs, etc. is the number of recent reports that the LA schools don’t want either in the B1G. They want exclusivity for their B1G membership on the west coast.
Doesn’t make logistic or politic sense to me, but that has been often repeated in the nation media.
I doubt those reports are accurate.

Makes no sense for them to be the only two west coast teams ...travel would be brutal.

Reactions: littlez
Fully agree but reports are that is exactly what the LA schools want … and it is the price they are willing to pay for B1G exclusively on the West Coast.

There is an entire generation of Nebraska fans that have only seen their team do much less than Iowa in the same time.

But please, continue with the Al Bundy routine about how awesome the 90s were.
You are over exaggerating how long Nebraska has sucked, 2002-2014 Nebraska was better head to head than Iowa and had a better W/L ratio and generationS have gone by since Iowa has finished in the top 5.

The rest of the BIG teams don't want to travel out west. If it's only 2 schools that not a huge deal, especially with no divisions.
Conference wants national exposure and brand awareness ...B1G schools will travel, and they'll do it with a smile on their collective faces as merchandise sales sky-rocket.

Reactions: littlez
Conference wants national exposure and brand awareness ...B1G schools will travel, and they'll do it with a smile on their collective faces as merchandise sales sky-rocket.
I hear ya, but if that's the case, I am targeting Miami and ND. I am not messing around with Oregon and Washington. They already have the LA market locked up.

You are over exaggerating how long Nebraska has sucked, 2002-2014 Nebraska was better head to head than Iowa and had a better W/L ratio and generationS have gone by since Iowa has finished in the top 5.
Gawd you're a fuc$ing idiot. Lets just completely exclude the last 8 years of 25-45 pure shit. Nobody cares about your shitty programs that were relevant 20 years ago. Get over it loser and go back to your Starter jacket buddies who at least have the self awareness to wallow in their program's shittiness on their own boards until Lil Red shows some life and then they'll saunter over here and tell us how great they are again.

Gawd you're a fuc$ing idiot. Lets just completely exclude the last 8 years of 25-45 pure shit. Nobody cares about your shitty programs that were relevant 20 years ago. Get over it loser and go back to your Starter jacket buddies who at least have the self awareness to wallow in their program's shittiness on their own boards until Lil Red shows some life and then they'll saunter over here and tell us how great they are again.
Good lord you’re a dense dumba$$, if you must interrupt my interaction with @ISUBryce the least you could do is follow along. Do better clown.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT