ADVERTISEMENT

Realignment rumors

I don’t want the Nike frogs.you would have to bring shades and sunblock so you don’t go blind or get burned.

Last edited:
Reactions: pistachio1999
I think the conference needs a rebrand.

Conference name remains Big Ten with two new division names.

Big Ten
Inches

Big Ten
BOHICA

I have been saying for years, the B1G should end up a 20 Team Conference.

The B1G should have an East Division & West Division each with 10 teams.

Each Division should have 2 Regions of 5 teams. Teams play everyone in their Region every year.

The B1G Regions would be:
Atlantic
Maryland
Rutgers
Penn State
ND
Purdue

Central
Ohio State
Michigan
MSU
Illinois
IU

Midwest
Iowa
Wisconsin
Minn
NW
Nebraska

Pacific
USC
UCLA
Oregon
Wash
Stanford
Totally fvcked up. That’s not the Big Ten. What a fvcking mess.

Realignment is on HOLD until it is official that the Pac-10 cannot secure a viable new media contract.

They are looking for anything that secures them what the Big12 is getting per team...or very close to it.

If that does not happen, then the conference will most likely collapse (schools deciding to abandon ship) and you'll see the BigTen (and most likely Big12) expanding once again.

I read somewhere that the unofficial deadline to secure that media contract is before the start of the football season.
Does this mean Nebraska goes back to the Big 12? 🙏🏽

McMurphy has been beating this drum on Washington and Oregon, but he is the only one.

If the B1G wanted those two schools, they'd have them already.
The comments were if Arizona and Arizona State bolt for the Big 12 if they can't get a decent TV deal for the Pac 12, then Big Ten would be safety net for Oregon and Washington.

An issue has been the east dominating the west. I would like to keep divisions but add USC and UCLA to the west and move two weaker teams from west to east. This would balance it back out. USC will/is a monster and UCLA will be a top 15 team most years. Keep divisions is my vote

In a perfect world kick Nub out and bring Cal in, then match up the core rivalries into pods...

IllinoisMichiganCaliforniaIndiana
IowaMichigan StateNotre DameOregon
MinnesotaOhio StateStanfordPurdue
NorthwesternPenn StateUCLARutgers
WisconsinMarylandUSCWashington

9 conference games per year; four from your pod every year and rotating from the other three pods.

Home-and-Away model only for those teams in your pod.
Lot's of stuff to keep an eye on here, but in your scenario, let's say Nebby bolts for the new Big 12, who replaces them?

Stanford is a likely candidate, Big 10 wants them.
Notre Dame is a likely candidate as their NBC contract comes up in 2025 and they won't get the cash from NBC that the Big 10 can provide.
Cal will likely be hung out to dry like OR st and Wazzou. Don't see them in the Big 10.
All ACC teams are locked up contractually through 2036, so not an option(?)
Colorado and Utah are better fits for the Big 12, at least geographically. Don't see either in the Big 10.

Who does that leave?

• Haha
Reactions: HogLovinHawkeye
Lot's of stuff to keep an eye on here, but in your scenario, let's say Nebby bolts for the new Big 12, who replaces them?

Notre Dame is a likely candidate as their NBC contract comes up in 2025 and they won't get the cash from NBC that the Big 10 can provide.
Cal will likely be hung out to dry like OR st and Wazzou. Don't see them in the Big 10.
Colorado and Utah are better fits for the Big 12, at least geographically. Don't see either in the Big 10.

Who does that leave?
Wait, whut? Why would Nebraska bolt for anything? They would miss out on giant pay days from the BIG. Ole hog loving doucher should love this.

Last edited:
An issue has been the east dominating the west. I would like to keep divisions but add USC and UCLA to the west and move two weaker teams from west to east. This would balance it back out. USC will/is a monster and UCLA will be a top 15 team most years. Keep divisions is my vote

Yes USC is good and as long as Riley is there they’ll stay good, but I don’t think the average fan realizes since 1980. They’ve only got the 15th best winning percentage in the country (10 spots better than Iowa) and UCLA is 32nd.

How would you determine who’s in the conference championship in this format? Do you just ignore the actual regions and take the best records? Otherwise you’re adding another game which would be hard to do considering the national playoff is already expanding.
Add two regions together into a division. The division winners play in the championship. Then rotate which regions are together each year.

• Haha
Reactions: iahawkeyes17
Yes USC is good and as long as Riley is there they’ll stay good, but I don’t think the average fan realizes since 1980. They’ve only got the 15th best winning percentage in the country (10 spots better than Iowa) and UCLA is 32nd.
Wouldn’t you say top 15 over the last 42 years is a pretty solid program?

• Haha
Have two conferences with two divisions each, and call it the Big Tens.
Semifinal game, and then the championship.
Hum…let’s now call it:
El Quatro grande cinco Del Grande Die
Have two conferences with two divisions each, and call it the Big Tens.
Semifinal game, and then the championship.
Hum, how about:
1) El grande diez
2)
For those oldies out here, the Creature Feature!
I think the conference needs a rebrand.

Conference name remains Big Ten with two new division names.

Big Ten
Inches

Big Ten
BOHICA
Or…EL GRANDE DOS DIEZ!

East
Ohio State
Rutgers
Penn State
Maryland

Northeast
Michigan
Michigan State
Purdue
Indiana

Northwest
Wisconsin
Minnesota
Illinois
Northwestern

West
Iowa
Nebraska
USC
UCLA

the winner of the East Division plays the winner of the Northeast Division
the winner of the West Division plays the winner of the Northwest Division
the winner of these 2 games play for the Championship

to me, this provides the most excitement... and it is fair for everyone involved.

East
Ohio State
Rutgers
Penn State
Maryland

Northeast
Michigan
Michigan State
Purdue
Indiana

Northwest
Wisconsin
Minnesota
Illinois
Northwestern

West
Iowa
Nebraska
USC
UCLA

the winner of the East Division plays the winner of the Northeast Division
the winner of the West Division plays the winner of the Northwest Division
the winner of these 2 games play for the Championship

to me, this provides the most excitement... and it is fair for everyone involved.
We better hope not. Bad take. KF and Barta will fight that alignment or just quit. They don't want this. They want N'west, Minny and Rutgers.

Wouldn’t you say top 15 over the last 42 years is a pretty solid program?
Very, but you know who else is in the top 15? BYU, Nebraska, Miami of Florida, FSU….

All teams that have been good, will likely be good again, but have also had plenty of struggles and teams no one should concede too!

I’m not at all convinced Riley will field teams like Petey did. Over that eight or 10 year stretch, they were every bit as dominant as Alabama has been the last 10+ years & Miami Florida was back in the day.

Riley's never shown he can put together a team with a Dominate Defense!

Who does that leave?
I replaced Nub with Cal in my scenario.

ND and Stanford would be the final additions in order to get to 20.

If they decide go beyond 20 down the road they will look to pillage the ACC (UNC, Virginia, GT, Miami?)

Last edited:
  • Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT