ADVERTISEMENT

Reality check.....

SeaBassWins

Team MVP
Dec 8, 2014
First, love the win against a big12 school, good for Iowa and good for B1G. Second, BB can suck it, love to see SEC struggling today. Lastly, a quick reality check....I would prefer to have some understanding of how good the Hawks are after two games, but unfortunately with this schedule I have no idea. I would prefer to have a schedule more like, Michigan, tOSU, MSU, Minny or Nebr. Those schools know just where they stand.

Pitt might have told us something, but with Connor out they are not as formidable. It will suck to get to the Wisky game undefeated and then get smoked. Hawks non conference schedule is pathetic. The least those in charge could do is schedule one bigger name power five team.

#ISUAlbatross. It isn't going away anytime soon.

Time for the Clones to go do something in the Big 12. I will actually root for them. Kind of.

Who cares, enjoy the win!!! As far as I'm concerned we are gonna go undefeated.

Sorry but pathetic? Total BS - but maybe you're just over exaggerating to make your point.

That is a good Iowa State team we just beat. Best since Seneca Wallace IMO. It also wasn't a stretch to think Pitt could be great this year back when the game was scheduled.

And What's the value in "knowing where you stand" anyway? And what more would we really know with a harder schedule? I think most people knew this teams very best case scenario this year was SNEAKING into the BIG championship game. That is still the case now and would still be the case if we had gotten stomped by Alabama today.

In reality - the schedule matters so much less than people make it out to be.

in the past we have lost to ISU teams that weren't as good as the one we beat today.

This was the best ISU team I have seen in multiple seasons. They added a ton of JUCOs some of which were highly rated. Great WR's. The team we lost to last year was embarrassing.

Great win today. One of the best efforts to overcome adversity and percivere I have seen in many years from this program.

What does a reality check mean. 2-0 is unbeaten and cause for celebration. What is the purpose of going easy here? Do we prevent ourselves from the inevitable heart break that will most certainly come.

OP, no, just...no.

This game showed me plenty.

This is a completely different team with a completely different offense(QB) than last year.

They went into a B12 road enviornment with a raucous fan base and team that expected to win and gutted out the W with many many many clutch plays. Last year's team did NOT have that gear.

Revising season outlook after this game to 9-3 from 6-6. 1 game as in they won vs. ISU, think they will beat Pitt now and 1 more in league play.

This will be a fun season. See you in FL on Jan 1.

Reactions: dbrocket
It's always tough to say what you have 2 games into a season. I honestly came away impressed with both Iowa and ISU. ISU has some pretty good playmakers at WR and their DL has some pretty good pass rushers.

I'll eat crow about Iowa. I didn't think we'd win today but they came out and beat ISU at home. Any time you do that, in a rivalry game, that's a pretty special thing. I know Ill State is FCS but they aren't a push over for that level.

My last thought is that when you have a playmaker at QB, anything is possible. We've seen what Tate did with no RB's and subpar OL. We've seen what Banks and Stanzi did with talent around them. I'm not sure if Beathard belongs in that category yet but he certainly showed some flashes that he could belong in that category.

First, love the win against a big12 school, good for Iowa and good for B1G. Second, BB can suck it, love to see SEC struggling today. Lastly, a quick reality check....I would prefer to have some understanding of how good the Hawks are after two games, but unfortunately with this schedule I have no idea. I would prefer to have a schedule more like, Michigan, tOSU, MSU, Minny or Nebr. Those schools know just where they stand.

Pitt might have told us something, but with Connor out they are not as formidable. It will suck to get to the Wisky game undefeated and then get smoked. Hawks non conference schedule is pathetic. The least those in charge could do is schedule one bigger name power five team.
Hey seabass, does Nebby know where they stand now.....2-4 record makes it pretty clear wouldn't you say. Pitt win looks better and better every week. Good call on the Wisconsin game, hawks go on the road to win......how did Nebby do against Wisconsin at home?!?!?!?

Hey seabass, does Nebby know where they stand now.....2-4 record makes it pretty clear wouldn't you say. Pitt win looks better and better every week. Good call on the Wisconsin game, hawks go on the road to win......how did Nebby do against Wisconsin at home?!?!?!?
Well done.

Nebraska isn't standing. They are horizontal. Imagine if they had played a real team in their non conference like Pitt. Things could have gotten ugly.

Reactions: SeaBassWins
How'd that Cincy game turn out dbag?

How'd that Cincy game turn out dbag?
Um, did he mention the Cincy game? Did you just see UNLV score in that Blue Jays v. Royals game with a side of coleslaw? I think they hit it from half court! It was flip flossum!

Smoke up. You are a poor rep for hawk fan.
Yeah seabass bc I am the one on an opposing teams fan page talking smack to a 6-0 teams fan base when my team is 2-4 and lost to two teams that this same team that is 2-0 against them......do you know how bitter, childish, and stupid you have made yourself and fan base look all night lmao...

SeaBass =
510068b6093e0.preview-800.jpg

I wouldn't worry about Nebraska, they haven't been relevant since the big 8 days. Most Iowa fans realize that Iowa isn't going to be a year to year power house, but you'd think Nebraska fans would have run out of Kool Aid by now and came to that realization. My case in point.........Since 2000, Iowa has won two conference championships, Nebraska..........ZERO. Yeah, they were tough when it was the big 8 and the only good team they had to beat to win a conference title was Oklahoma. So, welcome Nebraska to what the rest of the football world has already figured out, Your Mediocre, and have been for all of this century. :)

7-0 seabass......I think we know where we stand.....maybe Nebby can get to 3 today....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT