ADVERTISEMENT

Really like the NBA return

The one thing I noticed is that the cameras are much closer to the court than in a large stadium so you really notice the speed at which the game is played. The lighting is really good too.

But the entire game is 3pointers and/or dunks and complaining to the refs. So it’s boring.

The one thing I noticed is that the cameras are much closer to the court than in a large stadium so you really notice the speed at which the game is played. The lighting is really good too.

But the entire game is 3pointers and/or dunks and complaining to the refs. So it’s boring.
Yeah. It’s become incredibly formulaic. The skill level today is off the charts, as is the athleticism, but it’s become like listening to the same three notes over and over and over.

That said, I really enjoyed the Blazers-Grizzlies game. Both teams have guys with in-between game. But the Dallas-Houston game was everything that makes me worry about the game. It was like watching bad pick-up ball being played by unbelievably skilled players.

Reactions: dean_oliver222
I'm a Bulls fan but I love watching the Grizzlies and Ja Morant. I'm so happy NBA is back!
It must be really hard if your a Bulls fan and were around back in the day to watch Michael and the Jordanares. That team fought you on both ends of the court, took no prisoners, and tried to win EVERY game, a far cry from todays NBA. Just a different time from the way the Bulls, and teams like the Detroit bad boys, Birds Celtics, Malones Jazz, and Magic and Kareem's Lakers and the way those teams battled. That was a golden era in NBA basketball. Now its sell yourself to the highest bidder, try to buy championships, and take off rest days. Just a different time.

It must be really hard if your a Bulls fan and were around back in the day to watch Michael and the Jordanares. That team fought you on both ends of the court, took no prisoners, and tried to win EVERY game, a far cry from todays NBA. Just a different time from the way the Bulls, and teams like the Detroit bad boys, Birds Celtics, Malones Jazz, and Magic and Kareem's Lakers and the way those teams battled. That was a golden era in NBA basketball. Now its sell yourself to the highest bidder, try to buy championships, and take off rest days. Just a different time.

I was alive during the latter Jordan years but my NBA fandom starts in 2008 when I went to college on the East coast. Watching that Bulls/Celts series with Pre-Thibs Rose vs KG/Paul Pierce was spectacular

You forgot my favorite, the Doc and the sixers.:mad:

Now I couldn't care less about the nba

You forgot my favorite, the Doc and the sixers.:mad:

Now I couldn't care less about the nba
My bad for that omission. The Dr. was a show unto himself and a class gentleman. Not to mention watching the antics later of Chocolate Thunder, and Andrew Toney the mad bomber....And the Fo, Fo. Fo, of Moses Malone a true warrior as well....

My bad for that omission. The Dr. was a show unto himself and a class gentleman. Not to mention watching the antics later of Chocolate Thunder, and Andrew Toney the mad bomber....And the Fo, Fo. Fo, of Moses Malone a true warrior as well....

Yep, and cheeks, Bobby jones, bibby, Caldwell jones. Malone was a beast and probably the reason they won it all in 83. Loves watching the nba then

Yep, and cheeks, Bobby jones, bibby, Caldwell jones. Malone was a beast and probably the reason they won it all in 83. Loves watching the nba then
I loved mild mannered Caldwell Jones. He was doing an interview one time and the reporter asked him something about this freak show rebound that Dawkins pulled down. Jones very matter of factly said, " Yep thats Darrell, guy pulls down a monster board and the whole crowd goes ooh, and aww, then you look at the stats after the game and dude had 1 rebound"! LOL! :p

Reactions: Kurt Warner
The production value is really nicely done considering the challenges of replacing real fans. It looks and sounds cool. The players are getting it done. The respect they are paying to #BlackLivesMatter is nicely done. Overall, it’s good to have the NBA back.
I liked the post match-up I saw between Education Reform and Listen to Us. They were really going after it.

Education Reform had a sweet baby hook, and Listen to Us was just a bull in a china shop. It was great stuff.

Then of course, Group Economics had to go off and ruin everything.........

The production value is really nicely done considering the challenges of replacing real fans. It looks and sounds cool. The players are getting it done. The respect they are paying to #BlackLivesMatter is nicely done. Overall, it’s good to have the NBA back.
The NBA being back doesn’t matter to most people. It has been ruined by selfish showboats and become political. Sports are supposed to be for enjoyment. I for one won’t watch any games.

The NBA being back doesn’t matter to most people. It has been ruined by selfish showboats and become political. Sports are supposed to be for enjoyment. I for one won’t watch any games.

Lol don't act like you're a fan of the Association. Clearly you're not, & you wouldn't have watched the games anyway.

Just be like the normal tools on here with their 25 year old cliches when they say why they don't watch the NBA.

The NBA, both in watchability and entertainment, is better now than it has been in nearly 30 years.

I say that fully acknowledging that I hate watching the Rockets. Hardin and Westbrook are both hugely talented, but the style they play is a massive turnoff.

Reactions: Jim4edwards
The NBA, both in watchability and entertainment, is better now than it has been in nearly 30 years.

I say that fully acknowledging that I hate watching the Rockets. Hardin and Westbrook are both hugely talented, but the style they play is a massive turnoff.

Harden is fun to watch if you are just talking about pure offensive ability but he won't ever sniff a championship with the way the Rockets play.

Reactions: unoHawkeye
I get it, for guys like LarryMullen and of course Kurt Warner no surprise that their world stopped in the 80's. Kind of like your world views. Guess what, the game keeps evolving. You might not like it,as it's a totally different game than when you were watching on your 20 inch tv in 1989. Back then though you didn't have guys like Giannis at 6-11 that can handle the ball like a point guard, shoot 3's and play any position on the floor. You might not like the Rockets, but I sure find it interesting to see if their small ball and playing 6-6 PJ Tucker at Center can be successful. They shot 60 3 pointers last night in that win over the Bucks. I find that entertaining.

Reactions: qbxpx7
Harden is fun to watch if you are just talking about pure offensive ability but he won't ever sniff a championship with the way the Rockets play.

He's a great player and incredibly talented. I just hate watching that style of play.

And you're right, it will be extremely tough for them to win a title playing, essentially, 1on1 and both ends

I generally agree with some of the sentiments here about the Rockets. That said, Harden and Westbrook are good enough to make most games interesting with their style

I loved the Celtics of the 80's - great time for the NBA for sure! I have little or no interest anymore. The constant 3 point shot took me to the edge and the protests pushed me over. Call me an old man all you want. I enjoyed ball movement and the total game. Not just 3 point bombs.

I get it, for guys like LarryMullen and of course Kurt Warner no surprise that their world stopped in the 80's. Kind of like your world views. Guess what, the game keeps evolving. You might not like it,as it's a totally different game than when you were watching on your 20 inch tv in 1989. Back then though you didn't have guys like Giannis at 6-11 that can handle the ball like a point guard, shoot 3's and play any position on the floor. You might not like the Rockets, but I sure find it interesting to see if their small ball and playing 6-6 PJ Tucker at Center can be successful. They shot 60 3 pointers last night in that win over the Bucks. I find that entertaining.

I like the NBA but don’t find 60 3-point attempts entertaining. I hope they move the line back and remove the corner threes sooner rather than later.

Props on being able to work politics into a commentary on style of basketball. And I don't recall saying that there weren't good athletes or talented players in the NBA, but OK.

Reactions: Kurt Warner
Props on being able to work politics into a commentary on style of basketball. And I don't recall saying that there weren't good athletes or talented players in the NBA, but OK.
The really sad thing is almost every thread on here, someone has to turn it into, "if you don't see things the same way as me, your either old, blind, stupid or a tool". Whats really sad is it's some of the same people who on other threads are pushing inclusion for everyone down our throats and then they spend the rest of their time belittling people who don't like all the same things that they do. Its actually pretty funny, but sad at the same time......o_O

I enjoy that the Rockets are all in on small ball. It may not work, but at least they went all the way. Got outrebounded by Milwaukee 65-36 and won anyway. :)

Rudolph, I believe you have mentioned you played in college? Can't remember. If so, I find it interesting with what you said. I know there is a lot of hate for how the Rockets play, total ISO ball w/Harden and Westbrook, but man, it's pretty darn effective, especially on the offensive end. Both the Bucks and Rockets took the same amount of shots, 92, but the Rockets took 61 Three pointers and made 21 vs the Bucks taking 35 and making 9. That's 36 more points, which is incredible, which is why they can still win the game getting outrebounded the way they did. Harden played more of the facilitator last night, only taking 14 shots but had 7 rebounds and 7 assists. D'Antoni is kind of the mad scientist of basketball.

Reactions: Jim4edwards
The really sad thing is almost every thread on here, someone has to turn it into, "if you don't see things the same way as me, your either old, blind, stupid or a tool". Whats really sad is it's some of the same people who on other threads are pushing inclusion for everyone down our throats and then they spend the rest of their time belittling people who don't like all the same things that they do. Its actually pretty funny, but sad at the same time......o_O

Interwebs fist-bump, sir/madam!

In the NBA also, there is a definite disparity between how the stars are called for fouls vs the other players. So with the Rockets, if the 2 stars are handling the ball 80% of the time, they probably are benefitting from the lack of calls too. I think Giannis is the same way. The guy takes 3 steps every time he goes to the basket, but never gets called for traveling. Thats why when an announcer says 'oh, he's a rookie, he hasn't earned that call', its weird to me. You even notice it at the college level, but then its usually some coaches being favored over other coaches.

Reactions: LarryMullenJr.
It matters to NBA fans and it is clear you aren't one so no big loss there.

Lol don't act like you're a fan of the Association. Clearly you're not, & you wouldn't have watched the games anyway.

Just be like the normal tools on here with their 25 year old cliches when they say why they don't watch the NBA.

I knew you three leftest libs would chime in

I knew you three leftest libs would chime in

I'm not right or left. I'm not like you, Kurt, I don't have a predetermined thought on a subject because "my team" says so.

I'd say keep the topic to NBA but we know you haven't a clue what's going on around the league.

Exactly. Love how Kurt and the usual crowd chime in saying they haven’t watched since the 80’s because it’s become “politicized.” The thread was about the reopening. You can’t talk about it if you don’t watch it. I know, Sixers from the 80’s, blah blah blah.

Reactions: Chishawk1425
I loved the Celtics of the 80's - great time for the NBA for sure! I have little or no interest anymore. The constant 3 point shot took me to the edge and the protests pushed me over. Call me an old man all you want. I enjoyed ball movement and the total game. Not just 3 point bombs.
If you like ball movement, then you must have liked the TD/TP/MG Spurs.

ADVERTISEMENT