ADVERTISEMENT

Really like the NBA return

But Hey, I’m sure you’re also a NBA sucks kind of guy as well. You are right. He didn’t say he hadn’t watched since 2012. Said the ratings are bad and he sees no reason to change it. Not sure why people jump in threads if they don’t care about it. But more power to you.
You are making so many assumptions. I am a big Mavs fan. Not a LeBron fan. Yes, I have some issues with the NBA overall. But..I have supported the NBA plenty over the years. I was pointing out that their viewership has been on a steady decline and that I did not see that trend changing. Have a great day.

Yes I am making assumptions, as some of you guys wade your feet into the water just a little bit with your comments. I don't care about the ratings. The players today are bigger, faster and more skilled than ever. Period. Look at the range of Lillard. His stats from over 30 feet are just ridiculous. I watch the game for the enjoyment of the game, period. If you can't get by the 30 seconds before the game of the Black Lives Matter and your conspiracy theories that's on you. And the Mavs are playing some very fun basketball right now. One of the most fun teams to watch in the league. The hidden agenda some of you guys have is bullshit. Period.

Lol at people talking about ratings, thinking you're proving some sort of point.

Also to the people who say they can't get past the BLM stuff...you aren't fans anyway, don't act like that's what's deterring you from watching.

Speaking of whiners, Kawhi Leonard has become unwatchable. He probably sells tick tack fouls more than anyone in the league, screaming at the top of his lungs and flailing his arms when someone barely touches him. Then if he doesn't get the call, he's talking to the refs all the way back down the floor. Never thought I'd say that about him.

Kind of agree about Kawhi. And again, like you never thought I’d say that. Obviously a top 5-10 player and used to be a guy that just put his head down and played hard. Know he was frustrated but he was complaining about every call last night.

This has to be a suspension right? I mean trying to stand up to racism while some of your players are the embodiment of it really undercuts the cause.

Not sure, it will be an interesting case. "White boy" in and of itself I don't think is an issue - it is not associated with the same history as the if the scenario was "flipped", so to speak, and isn't overtly offensive otherwise I don't think. "B**** a**" on the other hand is undoubtedly meant to offend could be seen as promoting an acceptance of misogynistic language.

My guess would be a fine vs suspension

Last edited:
I'm with you[/QUOT
Ironic how many people say they don't like the NBA or the NFL getting political, and saying their going to not watch the games. I for one, and alot of people I know sat out on the NFL when the players started taking knees in 2018. Now listening to sports talk shows on the radio. They almost all agree that the lower ratings that the NBA is experiencing has nothing to do with their politics. They would be wrong.

Or the current Raptors, they move the ball as well as anyone.
Yes, the Raptors are fun to watch. Congratulations to their great coach, Carroll native and Kuemper Alum Nick Nurse on being voted the 2019-2020 NBA Coach of the Year. He has done another great coaching job following the Championship last season.

Yes, congrats to Nurse. Iowa boy who clearly earned everything he has gotten. Head coach at Grand View at 23 and worked his way up all over the world, mostly in the British basketball league, which honestly I didn’t even know was a thing. Very cool story.

Reactions: David1979
Idk what was more fun to watch yesterday, the continued growth of Luka's legend or the dueling 50 point games by Mitchell and Murray
The fact that a 21 year old can post a 43/17/13 stat line and two players can go for 50 in the same game just shows what a poor product the NBA is and how little teams care about playing defense. Was Luka’s buzzer beater yesterday even contested?

(All complete sarcasm. The “NBA sucks” crowd is missing out on a game that has never been more aesthetically pleasing, with players who have never been more talented)

Chalk reigns so far. OKC and Mavs making it interesting.
Bulls need to unearth the next Luka...maybe our Luka?

But Hey, I’m sure you’re also a NBA sucks kind of guy as well. You are right. He didn’t say he hadn’t watched since 2012. Said the ratings are bad and he sees no reason to change it. Not sure why people jump in threads if they don’t care about it. But more power to you.

Again, the ratings aren't bad. They aren't as good as they were (starting a bunch of midweek games at noon will do that, primetrime ratings are up). They are better than MLB and NHL. I don't get why this is some kind of dig.

Yes, congrats to Nurse. Iowa boy who clearly earned everything he has gotten. Head coach at Grand View at 23 and worked his way up all over the world, mostly in the British basketball league, which honestly I didn’t even know was a thing. Very cool story.

Funny bit of trivia - Nurse was hired as an assistant at ISU for about 1 week before McDermott left to go coach Creighton. That was like 10 years ago, and now he's probably NBA coach of the year. Crazy.

Yea, they just call it a Euro step now when he takes 3 or 4 steps..o_O

You actually do get a 3rd step in the NBA if you are picking up your dribble or catching the ball on the move, if I understand the rule correctly. The so-called "gather step"

The fact that a 21 year old can post a 43/17/13 stat line and two players can go for 50 in the same game just shows what a poor product the NBA is and how little teams care about playing defense. Was Luka’s buzzer beater yesterday even contested?

(All complete sarcasm. The “NBA sucks” crowd is missing out on a game that has never been more aesthetically pleasing, with players who have never been more talented)
The NBA restart has been as good as it possibly could be, it has been fantastic. Take notice College Hoops on many ideas/plans they can learn from it.

Too bad the Nuggets went cold the last 3 minutes last nite. And Murray had a cold nite...Joker almost led them to a win anyway.
Celtics should win the East but the Heat are hot.
Enjoying the BB... go Rockets!

Too bad the Nuggets went cold the last 3 minutes last nite. And Murray had a cold nite...Joker almost led them to a win anyway.

The basketball itself is quite good. Game is different than it used to be. Some will hate it, others like it. I am enjoying watching a team like the Heat that just doesn't care who scores, they are just going to spread you out and attack from everywhere. Similar to the Celtics. West has also been interesting with the teams remaining.

Yes, I get periodic political messages throughout, and probably most of them I disagree with. I can separate the 2 things (the games and the politics) but understand that some people can't/won't.

Reactions: littlez
Yeah the Nuggets won’t win at this point in the year if Murray shoots like he did last night. He’s the only guy capable of creating his own shot unless Jokic gets it in the post. MPJ almost picked up the slack, but it wasn’t enough. Clippers defense is really good too

Well said Dodger. While I'm pretty sure we disagree politically, I'm on point that I can separate the 2 things. Once the games start it's still basketball as usual. That's all I'm here for. Don't understand why the other stuff makes people so upset but to each their own.

Reactions: David1979
ADVERTISEMENT