ADVERTISEMENT

Really, really dumb and trivial First World Problems . . .

When I pooped this morning, it was the EXACT same color as the debit card I've seen some people use.

It didn't bother me at all, but then I went to wash my hands and the liquid soap had congealed in the dispenser and sprayed towards the wall instead of my hand so now I need a new house since this one has soap on the bathroom wall.

When I pooped this morning, it was the EXACT same color as the debit card I've seen some people use.

It didn't bother me at all, but then I went to wash my hands and the liquid soap had congealed in the dispenser and sprayed towards the wall instead of my hand so now I need a new house since this one has soap on the bathroom wall.
It's difficult to get air conditioning and fan to cool me just right in my mercedes. I

I went to happy hour w a buddy after work yesterday. Stranger next to me was 'that guy' and kept annoyingly telling stories, interjecting into our convo, etc.. took zero hints. The worst
Lol. That's happened to me this fall at sports book. Was trying to figure out who to bet on and enjoying strategy with my son .

Reactions: HawkMD
I had to replace my debit card after a fraud alert, and the replacement card is poop brown. I mean, it is literally the EXACT same color as the Apple poop emoji. 💩

Big deal? No. But I am mildly irritated!

Anyone else need to vent?
Automatic doors don't open fast enough for me. Hot tub cover needs to be replaced.

I like that some packaging is now resealable with an embedded ziploc.

But I HATE when it says tear here at a perforated line... you tear exactly on the line... and you can’t access the ziploc without scissors because the packaging is jacked up.

I like that some packaging is now resealable with an embedded ziploc.

But I HATE when it says tear here at a perforated line... you tear exactly on the line... and you can’t access the ziploc without scissors because the packaging is jacked up.
They use super-heavy duty anti-kid packaging on cannabis edibles.

But guess who struggles to open complicated packaging just like young children? STONED ADULTS! :mad:

why haven't the cereal companies figured out zip-lock bags?

so damn stupid
Cereal is packaged the same was it was in the 50's. I think the plan is that 1) when you open the bag the first time the cereal will explode everywhere, and/or 2) it will spoil quickly.

And BTW, the people that invented clamshell packaging should be put in a clamshell package.

I won some awards at work and got points to spend through our company store. I bought like 2500-2700 dollars worth of golf.lessons for myself and wife. After 2 months some dickbag named Nick, From thrivesports, let's me know they donr have any available coaches in thr Des Moines area. He then tells me he wl refund the points, here I am 10 days later and I still don't have my points but I've picked out the generator I'm going to buy instead. I'm bout to ****ing call the BBB on this
Twat.

Rant over.

I don't read script bottles. Since when don't they go up my ass?

This news could be a game changer.
One thing that always amuses me in movies is any time someone has to take medicine, they grab a bottle of pills, open the cap and just dump a bunch into their mouth without counting them or anything.

I have literally never seen a fellow human being take pills that way in a half-century on earth, but damn near every actor does it.

giphy.gif

Ice maker broke in my freezer, going to cost like $700 to fix it. Huge dilemma here, the fridge is 17 years old but it was the best ice maker I ever had. Kicked out ice so fast I could bag it during the week for pool parties on the weekends. Do I fix it knowing the fridge is old and may go down soon, or drop $3k on a new one! Also I love having the dual ice makers. This is hard.

Reactions: ping72 and torbee
why haven't the cereal companies figured out zip-lock bags?

so damn stupid
Malt O Meal has figured it out. I actually avoided them for a long time, thinking they were cheap knock offs of better cereal. But I actually prefer their crunch berries, and their fruity pebbles and Cinnamon Toast Crunch are on par.
c6ca9086-b8db-4d2d-ac17-bbd64d5460bf_2.1ffefb48145a1dbdd49262be331804fd.jpeg

Reactions: HawCory
One thing that always amuses me in movies is any time someone has to take medicine, they grab a bottle of pills, open the cap and just dump a bunch into their mouth without counting them or anything.

I have literally never seen a fellow human being take pills that way in a half-century on earth, but damn near every actor does it.

giphy.gif
And then chew 'em! Yuk.

Back to the original topic.

I really cannot believe that anybody is foolish enough to use a debit card. That's like walking down a dark alley, dropping trou and yelling, "Somebody please come and cut my balls off." It's gonna happen.

I read an article this morning where a bunch of folks (somewhere in Ohio I think) used debit cards at their grocery store and the processer screwed up and charged them up to 20 times (some cases more) for the single purchase. People had their bank accounts drained and will have to wait 2 weeks or more to get their money back. When you use a debit card the money is instantly sucked out of your bank account and they have to "investigate" for a couple of weeks before they put it back.

If they had used their MC or Visa they could simply contest the charge and walk off whistling.

I never use a debit card for anything but ATM withdrawals, which, I guess, could also go wrong but a somewhat less frequent activity.

tl;dr
Credit card, safe transaction. Debit card, pants down in dark alley.

I really cannot believe that anybody is foolish enough to use a debit card. That's like walking down a dark alley, dropping trou and yelling, "Somebody please come and cut my balls off." It's gonna happen.

I read an article this morning where a bunch of folks (somewhere in Ohio I think) used debit cards at their grocery store and the processer screwed up and charged them up to 20 times (some cases more) for the single purchase. People had their bank accounts drained and will have to wait 2 weeks or more to get their money back. When you use a debit card the money is instantly sucked out of your bank account and they have to "investigate" for a couple of weeks before they put it back.

If they had used their MC or Visa they could simply contest the charge and walk off whistling.

I never use a debit card for anything but ATM withdrawals, which, I guess, could also go wrong but a somewhat less frequent activity.

tl;dr
I’ve used a debit card for 25 years for and only once have I had a problem. Called my local credit union and with an hour transaction was reversed.

from my experience there is zero risk

A Middle School (Grades 6-8) in Chambersburg, PA
announced they would not give out Participation
Ribbons to the boys soccer team for this school year.
Some parents were extremely upset and said the
School District could afford it.

tl;dr

If it takes 2 weeks to get your money, you can just pay for everything on your credit card, then pay it off when you get your money.

Which is essentially the exact thing you’re promoting.

How we package ketchup is unacceptable. Whether it’s a packet, the little cup, or glass bottle - none of it makes any sense.
Ketchup in general is unacceptable, unless you're putting it on a perfectly cooked steak.

Or so I have heard.

That said, we are having steak on the grill but I am out of propane and too lazy go get more so I am going to cook them in a cast iron pan on the stove.

If it takes 2 weeks to get your money, you can just pay for everything on your credit card, then pay it off when you get your money.

Which is essentially the exact thing you’re promoting.
Not even close. I'm saying use your credit card in the first place which will give you at least a 20 day grace period before you have pay anything. If they happen to keep repeating the charge, no problem. Just call you card company and inform that you ain't agonna pay. Your checking is unmolested.

But you do you.

Reactions: golfinghawkeye
Not even close. I'm saying use your credit card in the first place which will give you at least a 20 day grace period before you have pay anything. If they happen to keep repeating the charge, no problem. Just call you card company and inform that you ain't agonna pay. Your checking is unmolested.

But you do you.
The only reason to use a debit card besides getting cash is if you have zero self control spending money on items you don’t need. Giving up all of the protections of a credit card along with cash back/points and only using debit makes zero sense to me. If don’t want a multi card setup for different spending categories I can understand but at least get a flat 2% cash back card for all of your purchases.

I guess my first world problem would be knowing what card to use on what spend category which really isn’t hard.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT