ADVERTISEMENT

Reasons why the offensive coaching staff still have jobs

BigDan21

HR All-State
Sep 27, 2014
1. Year after year the defense makes up for the poor offensive performance, and we end up with a record that ranges from decent to good. In Kirk’s words at the press conference today “We won 10 games last year.” They see no pressure/need to make a change even if the offense is performing poorly every year, as long as the final record is ok.

2. We’re in a very weak Big 10 West.

3. Similar to our resistance to make a change at QB, we are just innately resistant to make changes in the coaching staff as a program. Even when the OC is not the coach’s son, that is still true.

1. Year after year the defense makes up for the poor offensive performance, and we end up with a record that ranges from decent to good. In Kirk’s words at the press conference today “We won 10 games last year.” They see no pressure/need to make a change even if the offense is performing poorly every year, as long as the final record is ok.

3. Similar to our resistance to make a change at QB, we are just innately resistant to make changes in the coaching staff as a program. Even when the OC is not the coach’s son, that is still true.
This is not last year!

Changes in the Defensive Staff? Offensive changes start with Kirk’s abysmal offensive philosophy and the OC who runs it. Not sure we need to overhaul the entire offensive staff. However, that would be a decision made by the new OC. Betts and Hodge would be keepers. Copeland tough to get a read on as he has the most difficult recruiting sell in the world of collegiate football.

Has Kirk ever fired a coach? Just going off recollection I only ever remember him simply not bringing coaches back - usually combined with them retiring or moving to a new school/job. I’m sure many have happened with nudges and understandings behind the scene. But straight out firings? Maybe Kaz and RB coach Chris White with the Eno Benjamin mess - but I’m not sure even those were technically “firings.” Anyone with a better memory than mine recall?

Reactions: Front7

uhh....reason #1

people still buy tickets, now more than ever lol

Very interesting Rutgers just fired their offensive coordinator today because Rutgers is 108th nationally in total offense interesting!

Has Kirk ever fired a coach? Just going off recollection I only ever remember him simply not bringing coaches back - usually combined with them retiring or moving to a new school/job. I’m sure many have happened with nudges and understandings behind the scene. But straight out firings? Maybe Kaz and RB coach Chris White with the Eno Benjamin mess - but I’m not sure even those were technically “firings.” Anyone with a better memory than mine recall?
Possibly,Pat Flaherty...Pretty sure he was told to seek employment elsewhere after 1 season as the RC/TE coach.

Yes, Coach, you won 10 games last year. And if you had even a mediocre offense you could have won 12.

He . . . just . . . doesn't . . . get . . . it.

Reactions: Rambler Hawk
Has Kirk ever fired a coach? Just going off recollection I only ever remember him simply not bringing coaches back - usually combined with them retiring or moving to a new school/job. I’m sure many have happened with nudges and understandings behind the scene. But straight out firings? Maybe Kaz and RB coach Chris White with the Eno Benjamin mess - but I’m not sure even those were technically “firings.” Anyone with a better memory than mine
I'm pretty sure behind the scenes those 2 coaches were fired.. It was just never publicly announced that way. It was just announced that their contracts weren't renewed.

If you suggest someone seek employment elsewhere, than that is a firing. Looks like CoachK and Chris White fit that description.

If BF looks for a job, then that would mean KF "fired" BF or at least realized he was running BF's career down the toilet....that seems unlikely to happen...... I would say KF deserves 90% of the blame due to his rigid framework making it impossible to bring in a true OC and BF deserves the 10% of the blame for effing up.

Reactions: ShonnDeereGreene
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT