ADVERTISEMENT

Rece Hinds

He’s been a huge jolt of energy for a team that desperately needed some energy.

If we’re including pitchers then what Skenes is doing is unreal. 6-0 with a 1.90 ERA. Last night he held the Brewers hitless for 7 innings and struck out 11 before getting pulled with a pitch count of 99. He has now held 9 of his 11 opponents to 2 runs or less. I haven’t seen a rookie pitcher dominate like this since Dwight Gooden.

He’s been a huge jolt of energy for a team that desperately needed some energy.

If we’re including pitchers then what Skenes is doing is unreal. 6-0 with a 1.90 ERA. Last night he held the Brewers hitless for 7 innings and struck out 11 before getting pulled with a pitch count of 99. He has now held 9 of his 11 opponents to 2 runs or less. I haven’t seen a rookie pitcher dominate like this since Dwight Gooden.
I don't know how old you are but Fernando Valenzuela had a terrific start to his rookie season in 1981 with the Dodgers. His first 8 starts were all complete game wins including 5 shutouts. in 72 IP, he gave up 43 hits, 4 runs, and 68 Ks. Fernando-Mania I think is what they called it.

Game Logs

Reactions: TJ8869
I don't know how old you are but Fernando Valenzuela had a terrific start to his rookie season in 1981 with the Dodgers. His first 8 starts were all complete game wins including 5 shutouts. in 72 IP, he gave up 43 hits, 4 runs, and 68 Ks. Fernando-Mania I think is what they called it.

Game Logs
And could hit

Game Logs
I remember Fernando Mania well. I was 12 years old that summer and I recall trying to emulate his unique windup every time my friends and I played baseball.

Reactions: TheCainer
I remember Fernando Mania well. I was 12 years old that summer and I recall trying to emulate his unique windup every time my friends and I played baseball.
Rare true screw ball for starting pitcher

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT