ADVERTISEMENT

Receiver Poll

Which NON-TE leads the team in catches this season?

• Jacob Gill

Votes: 24 19.5%
  • Seth Anderson

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Kaleb Brown

Votes: 66 53.7%
  • Jarriet Buie

Votes: 6 4.9%
  • Kaden Wetjen

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • Dayton Howard

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Other/Write in

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
Gill was easy choice:
1) Not poisoned by previous OC & WR coach
2) Sully is familiar with him, and he has I'd say a 40% or so chance of being the main QB this season

Last edited:
Kaleb Brown is the next Charlie Jones. Hopefully Lester is smart enough to use him. Just give him ball. Screens, jet sweeps, whatever. He'll get plenty of separation on crossing routes as well.

Jones not being utilized whatsoever despite the fact that he was so CLEARLY the best offensive weapon on the roster was Brian's greatest **** up - IMO.

An insider told me the same thing.

He was running surprisingly high in the 2nd team rotations in the kids day scrimmage, and you could tell they like him in the red zone in particular. He has a big catch radius, is tall and has a 40" vertical or just short of that. Thought he may need to add strength but apparently he's faster and more agile than one might think so to not come in early in the spring and be getting reps that high so soon says A LOT. A LOT.

Wouldn't lead us in catches but clearly could end up with 20+ based on his arc so far if he can beat out one of the 3 lead guys for time.

Brown news has been very little so far and Gill has gotten a lot of consistent buzz. I think anyone playing the slot could lead in receptions though, but may not lead in yards.

Reactions: LIV4GOD
I don't care who it is, but it would be nice to see a wr get at least into the 40s for number of receptions on the season. That's a really low bar, but they haven't had any wr get to 40 catches on the year since 2019.

Played 3 good teams 92-0. Barely beat sub.500 teams, best B1G win NW 8-5. Oh and that was close.
Iowa beat 4 bowl teams last year. I guess our definitions of "good" don't align. By the way 3 of those games were on the road (if you count Wrigley as a road game).

So you exaggerate Iowa's losses and minimize their wins. You're a real piece of work.

Iowa did not go 216-207 last season. Cool story bro

Iowa beat 4 bowl teams last year. I guess our definitions of "good" don't align. By the way 3 of those games were on the road (if you count Wrigley as a road game).

So you exaggerate Iowa's losses and minimize their wins. You're a real piece of work.

Iowa did not go 216-207 last season. Cool story bro
As are you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT