ADVERTISEMENT

Recent word on current players?

HoustonREDHawk

HR Legend
Feb 5, 2003
For a few weeks there seems to have been a focus on recruiting, which I admit has been as exciting as Iowa fans have seen in a while.

I am curious about impressions of those with closer connections to the team about how the current team is shaping up. I have two particular positions, which seem less certain going into the fall. First, at PG, how is the battle between Ulis and Bowen shaping up, assuming they are most likely to get the bulk of the PG minutes (maybe with Tony and CMac also getting some minutes)? Second, beyond Rebraca, how are the two back up centers performing? I would guess Rebraca will get at least half of the minutes at center, or. more, but does it look like we have a quality back up to play 15-20 minutes? Personally, I am hoping to see a giant step forward from Mulvey, who should have redshirted IMO and played timid last year. I have no clue what to expect from either back up big, but we need something. I am pretty confident that we are loaded at 2-4, as long as guys stay healthy.

I'll try another more provocative approach. I have seen a bunch of posters suggest that Sandfort will be a total stud this year, who can play 3 or 4. I liked what I saw last year a lot, but that was when he was playing limited minutes and not considered someone to stop by most of the teams we played. Have there been observations over the past month or so that lead people to believe that he will be one of our better players? Have there also been observations about other players, who Iowa needs to step up?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT