ADVERTISEMENT

Recounting the Ferentz hire - available on the Athletic for non-subscribers today only

Didn’t hire a REAL QB coach. What an idiot.

:D

Also, for those who don’t subscribe to the Athletic, you’re really missing out on truly great sports reporting. Between it and my premium subscription to Hawkeyereport, I feel like there’s nothing I miss from a Hawkeye sports perspective. The other sports coverage from the Athletic is excellent, too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Galenahawk
Didn’t hire a REAL QB coach. What an idiot.

:D

Also, for those who don’t subscribe to the Athletic, you’re really missing out on truly great sports reporting. Between it and my premium subscription to Hawkeyereport, I feel like there’s nothing I miss from a Hawkeye sports perspective. The other sports coverage from the Athletic is excellent, too.
Thankyou for posting facts on the mysterious withdrawal of Bob Stoops. The longer it dragged out I felt it would not happen. Could not figure out why Bobby Stoops won only 1 national title as good as he was.

Thankyou for posting facts on the mysterious withdrawal of Bob Stoops. The longer it dragged out I felt it would not happen. Could not figure out why Bobby Stoops won only 1 national title as good as he was.

I always just knew that there was some weird reason why Stoops did not get the job. I mean, don't we all know that he was the Number 1 choice?

We are all destined to go to our respective graves wondering if anything would have been different had Stoops been hired.

We are all destined to go to our respective graves wondering if anything would have been different had Stoops been hired.

Eh, we did alright. Maybe he wins back-to-back national championships at Iowa. But maybe he goes 5-7, 7-6, and 9-3 and then splits to Florida after Spurrier leaves because he made Iowa somewhat respectable and was ready for the big time? Then we’re looking for another new coach in 2002.

We got a good one in Kirk, and we’ve enjoyed consistency that a hundred other programs haven’t.

Last edited:
The article was free? Guess I was late to the party as it is tomorrow on the east coast and Midwest.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT