ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting and NIL

amahawk

HR Heisman
May 1, 2002
Most of us look forward to seeing recruits committing to Iowa and signing with the team. I wonder with NIL and loosened transfer rules if that means very much now or in the future. It seems like players are fair game at any time to be plucked from another school's roster.

The portal only allows for 1 transfer. I think that it might affect some. But if a kid only needs 1 year and he can go pro and $$$$$$ are his end goal, he'd be better off going pro. If a kid wants to win an NCAA championship, he might choose a team more built for a championship. But those opportunities are few and most kids aren't going to leave their teammates for something lateral or marginally better unless they are unhappy.

Bottom line, and of course I have no proof of this, I believe the approach Iowa FB and MBB is taking toward NIL is costing them some talent that they spend long hours to attract.
The approach? Due tell given they really cant have much involvement in NIL operations.

Right now the issue is fans arent donating to collectives. @Tx_Hawk can give you details but most would have expected a much quicker response. If there isnt any $ in the NIL collectives the coaches dont have much to discuss with recruits.

The approach? Due tell given they really cant have much involvement in NIL operations.

Right now the issue is fans arent donating to collectives. @Tx_Hawk can give you details but most would have expected a much quicker response. If there isnt any $ in the NIL collectives the coaches dont have much to discuss with recruits.
You are being really naive if you don't believe the college programs are just sitting back doing nothing in this transition period.
As rabid as Iowa fans are, it there is a dearth of activity in Iowa's NIL program, they just haven't promoted it enough. I haven't gotten a single text or e:mail from anyone. I still believe our head coaches aren't clearly onboard with NIL and the transfer portal to a lesser degree.

Reactions: HoustonREDHawk
ADVERTISEMENT