ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting chaos for Big 12 possibly

RothMatt

All-Conference
Nov 18, 2019
Urbandale
If you have or will be making your decision to commit to a school would you go to the Big12? Guys I work with think they would never be on TV or it would likely be the equivalent to playing in the FCS. I was curious what the board thought the impact to ISU and others would be.

If you have or will be making your decision to commit to a school would you go to the Big12? Guys I work with think they would never be on TV or it would likely be the equivalent to playing in the FCS. I was curious what the board thought the impact to ISU and others would be.
I’m certain schools will be reaching out to 2022 recruits that have verbally to s Big 12 school. With so much uncertainty, there will be recruits that want to make sure they are playing in a Power 5 conference. Not all Big 12 schools can promise that right now so it would be shocking if there is no fallout.

Reactions: San_Antonio_Hawk
Definitely could get interesting. I don't know if there will be much change in this class but it could have a huge impact in next year's recruiting.

I think a lot of 2022 verbal commits to schools like ISU just got shakier. Campbell and staff are going to have to answer the calls from parents and recruits and hold a lot of hands until this issue gets settled. Good luck with that. The portal might go crazy if there is some verification OU and UT get welcomed into the SEC.

I think a lot of 2022 verbal commits to schools like ISU just got shakier. Campbell and staff are going to have to answer the calls from parents and recruits and hold a lot of hands until this issue gets settled. Good luck with that. The portal might go crazy if there is some verification OU and UT get welcomed into the SEC.

Yep, the portal is going to explode. Glad KF has stated he's down to use it.

Reactions: silasstarr
The term "destablized" comes to mind.

The natural adjunct to the OP's question is, how does it affect MC's career plans? If one of the big boys (who will be fine no matter what happens with realignment) come knocking he'd be foolish not to consider a move.

I think could see a few decommits but not a ton in the 22' class as of now. OU and Texas said not renewing rights and it goes through the 25' season. So current class would be seniors in 25' if they don't red shirt. Now if some how SEC ponies up the cash and helps OU and Texas leave earlier that could definitely play a factor. Just a matter when any announcement comes. Also if one more team leaves then you know the conference is done and the handful of schools who don't latch to the remaining power conferences could lose out on some recruits. I think in 23' recruiting class you'll see a lot more repercussions from this.

My guess is that the UT Alumni Association is working on the $$ transfer to the University as we speak. They get into a better conference ASAP and thumb their noses at A&M. That type of money is pocket change to UT.

I am sure every school that offered recruits who have verballed to ISU have already been in touch, suggesting they should reopen their recruitment.

UT Alumni Assc. has the longest reach and deepest pockets in the country. It will never affect the schools budget.

I think could see a few decommits but not a ton in the 22' class as of now. OU and Texas said not renewing rights and it goes through the 25' season. So current class would be seniors in 25' if they don't red shirt. Now if some how SEC ponies up the cash and helps OU and Texas leave earlier that could definitely play a factor. Just a matter when any announcement comes. Also if one more team leaves then you know the conference is done and the handful of schools who don't latch to the remaining power conferences could lose out on some recruits. I think in 23' recruiting class you'll see a lot more repercussions from this.
All reports indicated Texas and OU buyout after the 2022 season. They are not going to have an extended divorce.

All reports indicated Texas and OU buyout after the 2022 season. They are not going to have an extended divorce.
I think I saw one lawyer's opinion that because of what OU and UT have done without notifying the Big XII, the remaining schools have the power to kick them out of the league immediately, including not playing the games on the 2021 schedule. Can't imagine that happening, even if it is true.

The term "destablized" comes to mind.

The natural adjunct to the OP's question is, how does it affect MC's career plans? If one of the big boys (who will be fine no matter what happens with realignment) come knocking he'd be foolish not to consider a move.
MC never entered out discussion. We only were concerned that our top targets or gets who would bolt elsewhere. Matt will land on his feet no matter what and he is not lacking a golden parachute no matter how he and ISU performs. On Des Moines' KXNO a reporter from the Athletic stated he thought the Sec's schedule next year would include teams that are certain to move. So the thought was this would have a huge impact on this years recruiting.

UT Alumni Assc. has the longest reach and deepest pockets in the country. It will never affect the schools budget.
Not if they are thrown out of B12 and ESPN and FOX sues them for the remaining 4 years for not living up to the contract.

I think you’ll continue to see “ISU linked to Big Ten” or the same type headlines for a while. That way the Clones can continue the facade that there is a chance they will still be in a major conference for recruiting purposes.

Reactions: bumpstock
ADVERTISEMENT