ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting starts today.....

herkcy

HR All-State
Nov 7, 2002
.....where was the staff at midnight? Waiting for Abe at the airport? Others?

Have to figure the staff will meet with Abe Assad today if he is back in the states and feeling up to it after the trip. Glaizer and Balmeceda would be the others I figure they will also meet with.

And how did that work out for him?

Whether it's meeting recruits in person at 12:01AM, a slush fund or just Cael's charming personality.... whatever it is, it's working. With the elite recruits he gets year in and year out, he's halfway to winning an ncaa team title by the time he's done recruiting.

Reactions: pointingdogsrule
Have to figure the staff will meet with Abe Assad today if he is back in the states and feeling up to it after the trip. Glaizer and Balmeceda would be the others I figure they will also meet with.

I believe that Assad has committed to West Point. Otherwise definitely a good get.

Are you serious? If so, old jokes. If not, follow wrestling...somewhere.. anywhere

Reactions: Grip220
And how did that work out for him?

Pretty well...he got him and this is when Suriano and Iowa was pretty much a done deal. Worked out well for us in the long run but I still think Iowa would have went after Lee. Suriano redshirts during Gilman senior year, wrestles this year and probably makes the finals and may even win. Spencer shirts, and comes in at 125 with Suriano at 33. I like the guys we have coming in now but that is a hell of a one, two punch.

Last edited:
Reactions: IRONBIRD and Huck
Guys Guys the Momentum will continue IOWA is on the uptick everyone wants to be on this train choo choo chuga chuga choo choo we on a roll look out the coal is burning hot. Seriously though if there is any more good news I’m not sure I could handle it, you know besides the accidental gunshot wound :confused::confused::confused:
Is that you mudflap?

Well disregard the recruiting date. See Todd Connor's post. Still good to talk recruits though.

Was at North Liberty Bluebird...we get seated in a booth right next to...Mike Zadick. He was with two or three females and another dude that had his back towards us. He was animatedly talking about recruiting...sorry fellas, my hearing is for shit and my wife wouldn’t stop freaking talking.

Coming back from the bathroom I saw the other guy...yup, it was Bill. Had it been just them two, I would have said hi but looks like they were with family so I didn’t want to interrupt their meal.

Reactions: SlothHawk
Was at North Liberty Bluebird...we get seated in a booth right next to...Mike Zadick. He was with two or three females and another dude that had his back towards us. He was animatedly talking about recruiting...sorry fellas, my hearing is for shit and my wife wouldn’t stop freaking talking.

Coming back from the bathroom I saw the other guy...yup, it was Bill. Had it been just them two, I would have said hi but looks like they were with family so I didn’t want to interrupt their meal.
Were you a big tease in high school also or is this a skill you acquired later in life?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT