ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Strategy

It's a PSU calling card. I've heard several of their guys say it.
The phrase means loving the process of being great. That’s something his father has said on this very forum and maybe even in this very thread. It’s coach speak for perfecting the little and sometimes mundane things.

To further what you said, Nick Lee mentioned this after his national championship last year. Which makes me think he’s going to Penn St. if so they got a good one with what seems to be a solid family behind them.

Though, I’m going to continue to hope that I’m misreading this clue until an official announcement comes out.

It sounds like both Iowa and Penn st are going to have a happy New Years recruiting wise.

Reactions: Gobblin
What elite recruits is Iowa still going after? Arnold is the one that jumps to mind. I'm sure there are others and there are others rumored, but I believe Arnold is the only confirmed "elite" recruit as of now.
Josh Barr.

Josh Barr.
Has Shapiro visited? Looking at the top juniors he was the only other I could connect to Iowa outside Arnold & Barr. With Riggins my guess would follow the previous one made with Arnold to Iowa & Barr to PSU.

i was behind on your identity, so I did a little googling and came across that story and read it before i continued in this thread.

enjoyed the read, and also love that your avatar is actually you
Wow. You're the first to actually comment on that. That was a LONG time ago, in a galaxy far, far away. That was the picture from my senior year state title. Got head butted in the semis. I got a black eye. The other guy got tech'd.

Has Shapiro visited? Looking at the top juniors he was the only other I could connect to Iowa outside Arnold & Barr. With Riggins my guess would follow the previous one made with Arnold to Iowa & Barr to PSU.
No, but I don’t believe he’s “visited” anywhere officially. I believe I remember hearing him and his family decided to wait for the recruiting game until next season.

Reactions: UndercoverHawk
Nope. That one is not my son. I may have disowned him had he played basketball. 😂.
This one is mine:

Just read this storuy. Really nice.

Reminded me of a something I read recently.

Brenda Warner's dad told Kurt (former Hy-Vee grocery employee and St. Louis Rams Super Bowl Champ).

Life is not about what you accomplish. Life is a journey. Life is about who you become.

Last edited:
Wow. You're the first to actually comment on that. That was a LONG time ago, in a galaxy far, far away. That was the picture from my senior year state title. Got head butted in the semis. I got a black eye. The other guy got tech'd.
I had been curious about the backstory of the pic for a while, I figured whoever it was looked like a BAMF.

Reactions: ao_coachphil
I usually don’t respond to dribble like this, but today I’ll share this: Eight years ago the exact same thing was said about another wrestler in our family. “He was overrated, he won’t do anything in college, he’s not beaten anyone important”. 3 NCAA titles, an Olympic medal, a couple world titles later….

It will always amaze me that people will bash kids they’ve never met and know nothing about, hiding behind the anonymity of a keyboard That for whatever reason will form opinions that really have no basis. Maybe it’s a form of reverse psychology to push or navigate a decision one way or another. Who knows. Better yet, you cares? However, I will tell you this, your comment had been printed to be added to a board this kid maintains. You’re not the first, and I hope not the last to add fuel to his fire.
Never forget this simple truth, It’s Just Wrestling.

See, what you have to know about Curtis is that he’s a mouth breathing moron and proves it with every post. Consider his message a compliment.

Bartlett just beat the #5 guy in the country in Kyle Parco, where he weighed in at under 143lbs. He’s wrestling up above his natural weight along ways, and with his length it’s a lot of size he’s lacking. I wouldn’t judge his career by his work at 149 just yet. Let him get to 141 next year and I think he’s gonna be a handful.

Oh, I'm not judging his career. I just don't think he's going to be a big impact this year at NCAAs.

ADVERTISEMENT