ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Targets.

herkcy

HR All-State
Nov 7, 2002
Folks,

July isn't too far away. Any ideas who Iowa is targeting? My uneducated guess would be 149, 174, 184? All I've heard would be the Florida kid, & PK (who is still a year away from recruiting hard).

Did Iowa really need anyone in the 125-141 # range? Maybe Iowa, & M* were pulling a PSU & trying to get OSU to spend more $ to get him? Just spit balling here.

There may be alot of truth to your statement. If we pause for a moment and remember Tom addressed the portfolio that was given to them about recruiting practices by other staffs.
Some changes may have occurred where Iowa is now forcing other schools to offer more .......when our staff may have had minimal interest in the recruit if any at all.

Did Iowa really need anyone in the 125-141 # range? Maybe Iowa, & M* were pulling a PSU & trying to get OSU to spend more $ to get him? Just spit balling here.

They need to start thinking about who's next after Lee and Desanto now. Current juniors will be RS freshmen when those two finish their eligibility, assuming no RS. So, at least kicking the tires on current juniors only makes sense.

FOSU seems to have officially joined the rich uncles club as well.

If you just noticed now you haven't been paying attention.

Spoon,

Not disagreeing with you in regards to looking at replacements. Just your strategy. .....or maybe you were saying the same thing?

Lee/Desanto:
18/19=Soph.
19/20=Jr.
20/21=Sr.
D'Emilio/any current Jr.
18/19=Sr.
19/20=True Fr.
20/21=RS Fr.
21/22=So.

Do you think any of the top lightweights will want to sit a year? Does Iowa have the flexibility to have scholarship dollars on the bench? On flip side I think Iowa at least talks to these kids. With Iowa's success at the lower weights maybe they get a top kid to take books (like PSU does). Also, why not drive up the asking price?

Spoon,

Not disagreeing with you in regards to looking at replacements. Just your strategy. .....or maybe you were saying the same thing?

Lee/Desanto:
18/19=Soph.
19/20=Jr.
20/21=Sr.
D'Emilio/any current Jr.
18/19=Sr.
19/20=True Fr.
20/21=RS Fr.
21/22=So.

Do you think any of the top lightweights will want to sit a year? Does Iowa have the flexibility to have scholarship dollars on the bench? On flip side I think Iowa at least talks to these kids. With Iowa's success at the lower weights maybe they get a top kid to take books (like PSU does). Also, why not drive up the asking price?
most believe d'emilio will be 41/49

Spoon,

Lee/Desanto:
18/19=Soph.
19/20=Jr.
20/21=Sr.
D'Emilio/any current Jr.
18/19=Sr.
19/20=True Fr.
20/21=RS Fr.
21/22=So.

I'm saying/said the same thing.

Schriever should have no problem being a full sized 125. According to some Sebolt parents I know he was coming down from 120. And his twin brother wrestled 126 this year. He'll keep getting bigger and bigger.

Schriever should have no problem being a full sized 125. According to some Sebolt parents I know he was coming down from 120. And his twin brother wrestled 126 this year. He'll keep getting bigger and bigger.
Whether he is a 25 or a 41, I don't care, I hope he is a Hawk. I would love to have Bartlett also. Kennedy is a Hawk IMO, now we need an 84 pounder.

It's three years away but there is a kid from right down the road, Brock McMillen from Glendale. Took 2nd as a freshman at Hershey and projects to 126, and I honestly believe he has lost his last match of his career and won't lose again, in high school, not counting open tourneys. He's in YG and he reminds me of McD, style wise.

Reactions: pawrestler4life
It's three years away but there is a kid from right down the road, Brock McMillen from Glendale. Took 2nd as a freshman at Hershey and projects to 126, and I honestly believe he has lost his last match of his career and won't lose again, in high school, not counting open tourneys. He's in YG and he reminds me of McD, style wise.
He's on the staffs radar
Whether he is a 25 or a 41, I don't care, I hope he is a Hawk. I would love to have Bartlett also. Kennedy is a Hawk IMO, now we need an 84 pounder.
We do have Myles Wilson to come in after Cash. So the cupboard isn't bare.

Reactions: bnicolls
During his finals match at flonats they mentioned him being interested in Iowa, kids gonna be good

Reactions: TarpHawk
ADVERTISEMENT