ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Targets.

It's three years away but there is a kid from right down the road, Brock McMillen from Glendale. Took 2nd as a freshman at Hershey and projects to 126, and I honestly believe he has lost his last match of his career and won't lose again, in high school, not counting open tourneys. He's in YG and he reminds me of McD, style wise.

He was in Schrievers bracket last year at Fargo.

Schriever should have no problem being a full sized 125. According to some Sebolt parents I know he was coming down from 120. And his twin brother wrestled 126 this year. He'll keep getting bigger and bigger.

If he's cutting from 120 to 106 as a soph in HS it seems that those who think he will be bigger than 125 might have a point. It will be interesting to see where he ends up.

He's on the staffs radar

We do have Myles Wilson to come in after Cash. So the cupboard isn't bare.

I'm not ready to jump on board with this. Wilson has to improve by leaps and bounds to be the level of wrestler Iowa needs in the lineup. I'm not saying he won't, just that it actually has to happen.

Reactions: 24 so far
It's three years away but there is a kid from right down the road, Brock McMillen from Glendale. Took 2nd as a freshman at Hershey and projects to 126, and I honestly believe he has lost his last match of his career and won't lose again, in high school, not counting open tourneys. He's in YG and he reminds me of McD, style wise.
Won't lose again in HS? He just lost this past weekend to an 8th grader he will probably see at the state tournament next year. Not losing again is a tall order for even the elite of the elite. Don't get me wrong, the kid is good. But he's not Spencer Lee or even Nick Suriano at the same point of their careers.

I think we'll see $ to be a much different wrestler at 184 this year. He won't be outsized, and I think, will be much more aggressive.
Is there any confirmation that $ will indeed be at 184 next year, or are we all just assuming he will be?

Kennedy is #1 I'd guess... love to have those 3 as well, not sure how realistic it would be to land them.
probably add Schriever/Ayalya on your list

I think we have to get either Howard or Mastrogiovanni. Schrievers ceiling is high but how high? I get recruiting the best in state but, I wonder how much development is needed with him.

I think we have to get either Howard or Mastrogiovanni. Schrievers ceiling is high but how high? I get recruiting the best in state but, I wonder how much development is needed with him.
Cullen has beat good wrestlers, won Fargo and Super 32. He has two more years of HS and would RS during Lee's senior year. How much more development do you think he needs?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT