ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting targets

coe76

All-Conference
Aug 21, 2002
So far it appears the focus is on Cook and Moore. Cook will visit on Sept. 19 and hopefully Moore will as well. My question is about the names that do not appear to be first choice. Rakocevic, Huerter, Simpson, and Santos appear to be second tier and Johnson, Keita, Nikko, and Myles further down. I wonder if that focus is based on talent or the potential we can actually get a commitment. I may also be incorrect with my observation on Fran's preferences too.

Personally I would love to land Huerter but it looks like Maryland and Notre Dame have the edge. He has not scheduled an official with Iowa yet. I am not sure if any of the other targets have scheduled a Fall official visit either. Would be nice to get the kids back on campus.

Anyone with any insight on this can just jump on in. Thanks.

Haven't heard anything about Rak or Santos in forever so I have no idea what's going on there. The third tier you mentioned is a handful of guys I think we're hardly even pursuing at this point.

It really looks like boom or bust for Cook, maybe less so for Moore. Moore seems to be holding out for the big name offer to come his way.

Wish I had insights. But I have heard time and again that recruiting boards change daily. So the fact that we've been recruiting Cook and Moore so hard seems to indicate we have some kind of decent chance.

I recall last year that when we offered Moss it seemed like such a surprise yet it turned out we'd been recruiting him for a couple of years. One just never knows what's going on until it's over.

The only info I've seen on KJ Santos is that he plans to visit Wichita State and Oklahoma.

No doubt about it, the focus is on Moore and Cook. We will have to sign a point guard in this class no matter what IMO. Another big would be nice as well but that scholly could be a carry over to next year if we don't land Cook. Even Rakocevic seems to be getting less attention lately. I think Fran feels really good about Moore and Cook though. I don't think there is any doubt that they are 1 and 2 on the coach's board. If Moore picks elsewhere I could see Fran dipping into the Juco ranks in the spring for another Point Guard. I think he may be a little pickier on bigs though. We are okay for this year and with Kreiner and Pemsyl we have a decent start to a front court for the future.

Haven't heard anything about Rak or Santos in forever so I have no idea what's going on there. The third tier you mentioned is a handful of guys I think we're hardly even pursuing at this point.

It really looks like boom or bust for Cook, maybe less so for Moore. Moore seems to be holding out for the big name offer to come his way.
Most sites including this one give Iowa even odds or better for Moore.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT