ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting

I snuck my way into the Inner Circle forum to check things out, and here is what it’s all about.

You know how BWI is a super boring forum that never has any interesting discussion? It’s like that, but worse.

I wouldn't take a whole lot of solace in Iowa beating PSU in these rankings. These rankings are, as they often are, myopic. Too much emphasis on lots of top 100's and too little weighting of top 10 and top 20.

Oklahoma ranks #7, far ahead of PSU at #22.

Oklahoma's top recruit looks to be #56 Dover (along with #59 Stiles and #70).

PSU is ranked #22 because, I guess, they only got the lowly #9 Starocci.
PS has a new tool they use. Why recruit someone not in the top 5 in the nation. Now with the stupid NCAA rules they can just have a bag man contact a top 5 kid from another team and he will be able to wrestle immediately. A lot less money and guaranteed an AA in that weight...BS

PS has a new tool they use. Why recruit someone not in the top 5 in the nation. Now with the stupid NCAA rules they can just have a bag man contact a top 5 kid from another team and he will be able to wrestle immediately. A lot less money and guaranteed an AA in that weight...BS
Chuck, you are aware that 2 of Iowa's AA this year were transfers right? Penn St. isn't the only program utilizing the new rules.

Yes, it's complete BS how Penn State has exploited this new tool to get...(checks notes)...ZERO AA's from transfers in the past 4 years.

join the inner circle
marx.jpg

I was just wondering a few things regarding to recruiting. First, how many more will Iowa take in their class of 2020 and who is the Iowa staff close to landing? I thought I remembered people saying this was going to be a large class. Secondly, Has anyone heard anything else about Gavin Teasdale? I heard he was working out at Coe College? I don't know if that is true. Is he living in Iowa now and how long before he officially joins the team?

He also gets personal workouts in IC, just doesn't wrestle in their room yet. Assumption here, but I think he showed up out of shape to the point that had he locked horns in the Iowa room it could have broke him. Had to get his lungs, body, attitude, and mindset back to where it needs to be after a year or so where he wasn't right.

Here is the question: what was up with entering him in the Southern Scuffle? PSU knew he was off the trail and not right. Is there a chance they knew he had a foot out the door, already had a prior relationship with Brands and Lees, would be a heavy lean to Iowa, and therefore tried to get him to enter the scuffle knowing that he was not in a place to be entering a tournament but it would take a season of eligibility away from him when transferred?

I snuck my way into the Inner Circle forum to check things out, and here is what it’s all about.

You know how BWI is a super boring forum that never has any interesting discussion? It’s like that, but worse.

Yep, Id rather be on a board were you can call the coaches out for mistakes and where people wont be offended when you call a "room guy" a "room guy"

Here is the question: what was up with entering him in the Southern Scuffle? PSU knew he was off the trail and not right. Is there a chance they knew he had a foot out the door, already had a prior relationship with Brands and Lees, would be a heavy lean to Iowa, and therefore tried to get him to enter the scuffle knowing that he was not in a place to be entering a tournament but it would take a season of eligibility away from him when transferred?

Interesting question. Whether it was Iowa or not, did they have an idea he was not going to cut it and try and make him burn a year, possibly out of spite for locking up a scholly spot? I can't believe even karl could be that devious.

Interesting question. Whether it was Iowa or not, did they have an idea he was not going to cut it and try and make him burn a year, possibly out of spite for locking up a scholly spot? I can't believe even karl could be that devious.

maybe it was Cody....the slippery one

I like your thinking.

I give what I can to HWC but the Mrs might deck me if I signed on to a monthly installment plan. If the insiders have jumped ship I hope we can get some insiders to the insiders for some info here. On the other hand, maybe not needing to come here a couple of times a day is a good thing.

I was in the inner circle since the beginning but recently got out because I was in between jobs. I’ll be getting back in the circle in the future, but I call bullshit about not giving recruiting info out. This forum is going to die.
Funny how a lot of you bitch and moan about Flo because you have to pay, now your own people holding out on information unless you pay the inner circle. I sure miss the good old days on this board when every top recruit was coming to Iowa and you would get only one!

Reactions: lookleft goright
AJ Ferrari, next years #1 recruit put out his school list...

Okie St.
Rutgers
Nebraska
Penn St
Ohio St.

Speaking of FLO HS rankings (all classes), here are the latest...

The guys coming to Iowa include:
#11 at 126# Schriever
#12 at 132# Sokol
#1 at 170 Kennedy
#5 at 195 Christenson

(#2 at 145# Vasquez reportedly interested)

Overall there are only 8 Iowa HS guys ranked in top 20 of their weight class. The two most highly ranked are Ayala at 113# and Christenson at 195. Each ranks at #5.

huh?!? I don't know anything about him, but he is #1 p4p on FLO's latest ranking.

I don’t like it when they bounce around “school shopping” in high school, and get a uneasy feeling when I hear him talk. I also see a kid who has the physical maturity of a full grown man, wrestling in a weak weight class against boys. Not sure his success will carry over when he’s wrestling other men.

Speaking of FLO HS rankings (all classes), here are the latest...

The guys coming to Iowa include:
#11 at 126# Schriever
#12 at 132# Sokol
#1 at 170 Kennedy
#5 at 195 Christenson

(#2 at 145# Vasquez reportedly interested)

Overall there are only 8 Iowa HS guys ranked in top 20 of their weight class. The two most highly ranked are Ayala at 113# and Christenson at 195. Each ranks at #5.
Schriever and Sokol will both move up. Both had/have injuries to deal with. They are both top 5 guys Nationally at their weights.

Reactions: andegre and MSeil
Funny how a lot of you bitch and moan about Flo because you have to pay, now your own people holding out on information unless you pay the inner circle. I sure miss the good old days on this board when every top recruit was coming to Iowa and you would get only one!

Hmmm, one supports HWC and the other supports smalls and company. I can see the similarities. Lol

I don’t like it when they bounce around “school shopping” in high school, and get a uneasy feeling when I hear him talk. I also see a kid who has the physical maturity of a full grown man, wrestling in a weak weight class against boys. Not sure his success will carry over when he’s wrestling other men.

I assume you're talking about AJ Ferrai. You probably are aware Vasquez from CA has changed HS 3 times.

I assume you're talking about AJ Ferrai. You probably are aware Vasquez from CA has changed HS 3 times.

Yes, I’m talking about Ferrari. I don’t know anything about Vasquez as I don’t follow these things closely; I only know about AJ because he moved to Northern NJ, where I do follow things closer.

Reactions: rossel 33
for awhile there people were talking liking princeton was a lock

I think that for a while it was a very strong likelihood.

I always wondered why he wouldn't go to Penn State, if for no other reason than it seemed like the next hole in the lineup would be at 141/149. Bartlett's RS freshman year would match up with Nick Lee having just left.

I wouldn't take a whole lot of solace in Iowa beating PSU in these rankings. These rankings are, as they often are, myopic. Too much emphasis on lots of top 100's and too little weighting of top 10 and top 20.

Oklahoma ranks #7, far ahead of PSU at #22.

Oklahoma's top recruit looks to be #56 Dover (along with #59 Stiles and #70).

PSU is ranked #22 because, I guess, they only got the lowly #9 Starocci.
He was being sarcastic, as we were only at 20.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT