ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting?

Hawkeye4Life78

HR All-American
Jan 11, 2004
What’s left for the 2020 class??

Has Iowa landed all the in state guys they will for the 2021? I still think Twedt will jump on board. But that’ll be it, IMO.

Twedt, Bowie, and Brecht will be Hawks

Fidone we have a good chance with, but he's gonna blow up

DeJean, Morgan, Jayden Williams, and Maro have all been on campus multiple times.

Forgot about Brecht. He’s a Hawk.
I’m skeptical on Bowie and I think Bollers goes West.

Do you think Henry Lutovsky from Mt. Pleasant (2021 recruit) will be re evaluating his decision to attend Nebraska? Of course, the Hawks need to offer first.

DeJean, Morgan, Jayden Williams, and Maro have all been on campus multiple times.
Fidone has already blown up, everyone took notice when Iowa offered early. I think they trust KF and crew with TE evals.

Reactions: Harbinger273

Just learning about this Twedt kid now. Do you know what Iowa is recruiting him for? Is the plan to put weight on him to play TE?

Bollers I have a bad feeling about which is crazy as we have a dude like Eppy and Nelson (already making money) beasting and about to make big money. Anywhere but ISU or Nebraska. I used to get the Frost hype ... but man has he really ever developed Dlineman? If not Iowa I hope he lands at a blueblood somewhere. That would be disappointing but I could handle that.

Last edited:
How anyone could watch that football game yesterday and want their kid to play for Frost and his entitled group of pricks is beyond me. The Hawks X and O game may not have been great yesterday or even bad at times But there is no one I would rather be coaching my young man than Kirk Ferentz. It’s obvious he knows how to develop players for the next level but what they learn about being good young men is so much better than what most of these coaches are teaching their players these days. The way Frost threw his players under the bus in the post game press conference is ridiculous also and no way I would ever want my kid to ever play for that douche bag.

Chins will be out after next season when Frost has to start firing coaches to protect himself from the stink that is Nebraska football, Stanford has a losing record this year and who knows what next year holds for them. The one constant? Iowa and KF. I really think AJ will be back next year then TJ can come in the following year and take over for Eppy. Hope TJ stays close to home so his family can watch him play.

Stanford education will be hard to turn down for any recruit taking school seriously, and Bollers does.

Reactions: blhawk
I don’t have a great feeling about Theo. Seems like a great kid tho. If I’m Iowa with 1 spot left I wait for coaches jobs to drop and poach the absolute best player you can get.

The only 2021 in-state recruit that Iowa will miss out on is Bollers, unless the staff can do some excellent work to convince him his future is as a 4-3 DE. Bowie, Fidone, and Brecht will all be Hawks. It would suck to miss out on Bollers, but pulling in 7/8 of the top in-state recruits is pretty damn good, especially when all 8 of them are rated within the Top 500 nationally (technically Top 504).

Stanford education will be hard to turn down for any recruit taking school seriously, and Bollers does.

Stanford can also be overrated in some fields. I honestly have been more impressed with other Big 10 schools engineers (especially Penn St) than the couple guys I've run into from Stanford.

Reactions: DewHawk
Can’t blame a kid for wanting to go to Stanford. Great weather, can put guys in the NFL, and a degree from there can set you up with some great jobs.

Reactions: blhawk
Matt Nelson turned down Stanford for Iowa and I'm sure he'll be just fine in the job market. Iowa kids should stay in Iowa imo. Iowa isn't an bad name to have on a degree. Some overstate other schools imo.

Reactions: Niko13
Stanford can also be overrated in some fields. I honestly have been more impressed with other Big 10 schools engineers (especially Penn St) than the couple guys I've run into from Stanford.

Purdue says “hold my beer”.

As far as we can tell, yes.

Lotta potential for coaching changes so if I’m a recruit, I’m taking my time to see who is going places. If Helton is fired at USC, I could see Franklin leaving for SoCal as his personality fits perfectly for that environment.

Harbaugh, if he doesn’t beat tOSU, he might bolt back to the NFL to save face.

Georgia, they are a good school and will play tightends second to their wide receiver sets.

Iowa, Theo will be a Target from day one.

Purdue says “hold my beer”.

Worked with 3 of them. Not impressed - just sayin. Welcome to the new century.
I'm sure they have better ones.
Point I'm trying to make is the cream rises - top guys at tier 2 are as good if not better then average than tier 1. I'm also not sure if Stanford would be considered top tier in some fields.
Who knows - I'm getting old.
Met/seen really good engineers from almost every Big 10 school. Never a bad one. Va Tech, Ga Tech, etc..
Seen borderline idiots from others - ASU, TN, FSU, etc.

Last edited:
Small bump for a 2020 walk-ons (all from Iowa)... is the next impact player in the list? Am I missing anybody? I did see a couple articles about others still deciding.

Aaron Blom K from Oskaloosa
Jeremy Chaplin DT from Waverly
Jake Fisher DB from Treynor
Jack Johnson WR from W. Des Moines
Isaiah Wagner WR from Pleasant Hill

With Theo out, I expect some new names to surface in the next week or so that have not previously been known to outsiders (like me). We always get a couple out-of-nowhere guys at the 11th hour, right? Any rumblings?

For 2021, I want the 3 in-state B's - Brecht, Bowie, & Bollers. Hope we at least get the first two. Bollers would be icing.

I doubt they get Bollers but feel pretty confident in them getting Brecht and Bowie.

For this years class it looks like a lineback is what they are targeting because they are visiting the prep school kid on the east coast and the FSU commit from Largo.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT