ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting

Cook will close out 2016. And then there is only one spot left in 2017, and none in 2018. Unless we see a transfer, or someone backs out of their commitment. Just going off the five player class of 2012, which saw two guys leave. And having one additional transfer since then in Dickerson? Side note, that's not bad for a coach entering his sixth season. I think we can probably assume about the same amount of guys will leave seeking more playing time. I'm not going to even guess at who.

But one can bet they will be guys that don't make much of a dent in the rotation.

In short, the team is practically set, or will improve, for the next four seasons until the 2019 class, and even that class will include Patrick McCaffery!

I'm seeing a lot of high expectations here and elsewhere surrounding Tyler Cook and Iowa's prospects as his school of choice. Normally when the optimism is this elevated. as far as I can tell it means that the recruit is making an official visit to Iowa with the Hawkeyes at or very near the top of his list and at a time late in the decision-making timeline

We know that Cook will be visiting soon and that Iowa is near the top of his list if not the leader. Has Cook indicated when he intends to make his final decision?

Cook will close out 2016. And then there is only one spot left in 2017, and none in 2018. Unless we see a transfer, or someone backs out of their commitment. Just going off the five player class of 2012, which saw two guys leave. And having one additional transfer since then in Dickerson? Side note, that's not bad for a coach entering his sixth season. I think we can probably assume about the same amount of guys will leave seeking more playing time. I'm not going to even guess at who.

But one can bet they will be guys that don't make much of a dent in the rotation.

In short, the team is practically set, or will improve, for the next four seasons until the 2019 class, and even that class will include Patrick McCaffery!
Oh man, I hope so!

Not sure Cook will close out this class. Dan, hope you're right but I actually thought 6 seeks ago we'd get Moore after his visit. Boy was I wrong.

He started announcing his visits and when the Hawks weren't on the list I thought what the heck happened.

I like our class, no super stars but there is still a lot of talent. One thing we should know by now, our coaching staff will make them better.

Reactions: IronFist1776
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT