ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting

I thought there was some kind of ‘the first rule of the fight club….’ Rule for going into SE Asia uninvited
It’s been long enough now, they’re not going to come torment an old man. Best that these things are public but limited in detail.

Reactions: el dub
How does it work on stains?

_DR8Sj.gif

Reactions: 82bordeaux
McDonough already has a club in the Cedar Rapids area. Plus you have Big Game in North Liberty and Eastern Iowa Wrestling Club run by former Hawk Topher Carton. Further west, is Agoge run by several former Hawks (Trizzino, Grothus and a few others) and then Young Guns has a club in the QC run by Juergens (I believe he still runs it). All good clubs with good coaching and connections to Iowa, so it would be hard to start something new in the area in my opinion and expect to draw a lot of kids.
What is the name of McDonough's club?

Speaking of recruiting Willie tweets that Carl continues to do more with less after declaring PSU having the #22 ranking for the class of 22. He has plenty of legit reasons to nut hug PSU without making shit up. Their roster talent sure the heck doesn't jive with doing more with less and their #7 (at least 1 top 10 overall recruit each year for a decade) overall recruit this year will likely score way more career NCAA points than a good number of the classes he will have ahead of them. I mean the only reason it is a small class is they have blue chips stacked at about every weight but Carl doing more with less. 🤡

Speaking of recruiting Willie tweets that Carl continues to do more with less after declaring PSU having the #22 ranking for the class of 22. He has plenty of legit reasons to nut hug PSU without making shit up. Their roster talent sure the heck doesn't jive with doing more with less and their #7 (at least 1 top 10 overall recruit each year for a decade) overall recruit this year will likely score way more career NCAA points than a good number of the classes he will have ahead of them. I mean the only reason it is a small class is they have blue chips stacked at about every weight but Carl doing more with less. 🤡
Bringing in a top ten p4p kid each and every year would seem to be a good goal. (Theoretically, that move alone would lead to four or five top ten recruits being on the team each and every season.

Last edited:
Bringing in a top ten p4p kid each and every year would seem to be a good goal. (Theoretically, that move alive would lead to four or five top ten recruits being on the team each and every season.
And adding in an additional top twenty p4p every year could conceivably fill out the line up.

Reactions: Mike Zierath
ADVERTISEMENT