ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting

Case I H

All-Conference
Aug 21, 2018
Where can I find a list of schools recruiting classes, or even previous years recruiting rankings?

So is there nothing that fans can look at to follow?
I think Flo has some recruit rankings individual and team but you have to pony up 150 dollars for the year. Check for sure with someone else on what they have. Im a subscriber but havent checked their recruiting stuff for quite awhile.

F*n St. has shown everyone the blueprint for recruiting. Go all in on 5 or 6 hammers and just fill in the other 4 or 5 weights with cheap to no scholly type guys. That builds a tournament winning team. They won easily this year with six guys scoring 95% of their points. The other 4 weights could have not qualified and it wouldn't have mattered. Holes are fine if they are surrounded by studs.

F*n St. has shown everyone the blueprint for recruiting. Go all in on 5 or 6 hammers and just fill in the other 4 or 5 weights with cheap to no scholly type guys. That builds a tournament winning team. They won easily this year with six guys scoring 95% of their points. The other 4 weights could have not qualified and it wouldn't have mattered. Holes are fine if they are surrounded by studs.
Except their other 4 weights that did nothing were a returning 4th place finisher, two top ten overall recruits and 1 non scholly type guy who didn't qualify.

Except without the 4 or 5 weights with cheap to no schollie types. If you look at this year’s PSU team at NCAAs, all of them were 1-20 with most being top ten p4p coming out of HS. Exceptions are their transfers who were returning AA and a finalist.

Its not about schollies anymore if it ever was in the past 5 years.

I can’t seem to find an article put out by Black Shoes Diaries showing statistical evidence of how top 50 p4p recruits have scored at NCAA’s. The article also shows how much better top 25 p4p recruits have performed relative to p4p 26-50 recruits.
I believe the article was printed in 2017. The are astonishing.

Reactions: TarpHawk and el dub
Except their other 4 weights that did nothing were a returning 4th place finisher, two top ten overall recruits and 1 non scholly type guy who didn't qualify.
Most won't be that fortunate. The huge advantage they have is if you get 7 or 8 or 9 hammers, you can wiff on a couple of them and still be fine. Not so much if you only have 4 or 5. Bringing in plug and play transfers that are champion caliber sure doesn't hurt either.

Here's a couple things, Case

2021 Recruiting Class Rankings

2020 Recruiting Class Rankings

Six-year recap (on 'blue chips')

There's also a bunch of Big Boards
Let me just say as someone who is not as big of a wrestling fan as I’m sure some of you are… I hate Rofkin. I hate that wrestling recruiting does not get the proper attention. Rivals has an opportunity with wrestling they are missing. I know it doesn’t bring the fan base at football especially does or even basketball.

But it would be pretty cool to see rivals bring out a top 100 or a top 200 with the top 20 at each weight.

Reactions: kkhawk and NCHawk5
Let me just say as someone who is not as big of a wrestling fan as I’m sure some of you are… I hate Rofkin. I hate that wrestling recruiting does not get the proper attention. Rivals has an opportunity with wrestling they are missing. I know it doesn’t bring the fan base at football especially does or even basketball.

But it would be pretty cool to see rivals bring out a top 100 or a top 200 with the top 20 at each weight.
I agree for personal reasons. Not a fan of how the sport is represented by him.

exaxtly. Its easier to hit on 4-5 hammers when the prospect pool is bigger.

other than 'hating rokfin'

you know i do all that right? and that it's the foremost resource for it all?

alternatively, you can just 'hate rokfin'

and i'm not a fan of anonymous people spewing garbage about me. but to each their own. stay classy.
I’m entitled to an opinion of you. If you don’t like it, maybe stop coming to the board and defending PSU trolls.

• Haha
Reactions: pumpdog20
I’m entitled to an opinion of you. If you don’t like it, maybe stop coming to the board and defending PSU trolls.
1) an accusation is not an opinion
2) where did i defend anyone?
3) i enjoy talking wrestling. there are a lot of good posters on this board that want to do the same. i'm not going to discontinue that because of 1 or 2 douchebags.

The 9.9 scholarships shouldn’t hold a top team back as much as it used to anyway. Spencer, if he isn’t already, should make plenty through nil to where he doesn’t need a scholarship. Football is already facing this issue.

3) i enjoy talking wrestling. there are a lot of good posters on this board that want to do the same. i'm not going to discontinue that because of 1 or 2 douchebags.
you defended @pawrestlersintn. He’s a troll. I don’t want a spat with you. I apologize for agreeing with an accusation another poster made about you, that was wrong on my part. I was half joking, but I had heard something in the past.

Reactions: Inthecircle
1 or 2 Dbags? Ha............you surely are not counting a lot of "Visitors" to our fair underwater domicile. And of our own posters............yea more than a couple Dbags. Like with Art..........math must be hard for you. ;)

The F*** st guys reported they received a commitment from a 9th grader? Apparently a stud state champion who trains at Dave taylors M2 club. They also said more big news coming today?

Last edited:
I'd like to see the most likable Iowa coach on the staff for cadet world team. Shoot start em early get one on schoolboy world staff if they even have world teams that young.

Reactions: el dub
you defended @pawrestlersintn. He’s a troll. I don’t want a spat with you. I apologize for agreeing with an accusation another poster made about you, that was wrong on my part. I was half joking, but I had heard something in the past.
You are pissed at Willie because he defended me? First, where did he defend me? Second, man, you got it bad. Finally, why don't you come to our board to discuss? Oh, wait.

You are pissed at Willie because he defended me? First, where did he defend me? Second, man, you got it bad. Finally, why don't you come to our board to discuss? Oh, wait.
Listen you antagonizing little man, we’re closer in distance than most of the guys on here. Let’s settle this on the mat.

• Haha
Reactions: hlstone and el dub
ADVERTISEMENT