ADVERTISEMENT

Recruits in the playoffs...

LineDriveHawk

HB All-State
Gold Member
Mar 25, 2014
I try to get to as many CIML games as possible throughout the year to check out players I hear about on HR. I went to Urbandale/LC last night to check out the 4-5 different names I have heard. Urbandale has an OL going to Arkansas (was actually a surprise to me) but he didn't play - according to an Urbandale fan he was injured in practice. They have an OL going to Bowling Green that doesn't appear to be at an Iowa level. Those were the two I had heard about. Lewis Central has a K, DL, TE that I had read about. The kicker only kicked PAT last night. The DL definitely looked the part but wasn't much of a factor in the game. I had seen the Brinkman kid last year, so was familiar with him. He's a good player but it looks like Iowa has moved on. I think he is probably a kid that could find a place to contribute at Iowa as a TE, but Iowa is pretty solid there.

The two players that I thought were most impressive were the freshmen QB from LC (Dugan) and the RB/FB from Urbandale (Newberg). I had read about the Dugan kid last week and posted but nobody had seen him - he's the real deal. I certainly hope he is on the Iowa coaches radar. He throws the ball extremely well for a freshmen, runs very well for a freshmen and has kind of an "it" factor - just a tough nosed kid. He is far beyond his years right now. Definitely a kid worth watching as he gets older.

Does anybody know if the Newberg kid is going anywhere? He was an absolute horse - 6'2 and 235 and ran hard. I would think a kid like him could be great FB at Iowa, or even a TE or OL some day. He was the most impressive kid on the field and there are a number of guys getting D1 interest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.