ADVERTISEMENT

Recruits/Super 32

Jackhawk87

HR All-American
Dec 15, 2007
Super 32 is this weekend. Anybody have a list of who to be watching from a Hawkeye perspective?

I see:
Nicolar Rivera 120 - is there still mutual interest?
Drake Ayala 126
Hoselton 195

I didn’t see Iowa commits Henson, Lucero, or Rathjen registered.

Others of interest I also don’t see registered: Chittum, J Mendez, Valencia

Missing names on any of the younger guys that may or may not be registered?

Super 32 is this weekend. Anybody have a list of who to be watching from a Hawkeye perspective?

I see:
Nicolar Rivera 120 - is there still mutual interest?
Drake Ayala 126
Hoselton 195

I didn’t see Iowa commits Henson, Lucero, or Rathjen registered.

Others of interest I also don’t see registered: Chittum, J Mendez, Valencia

Missing names on any of the younger guys that may or may not be registered?
Mendez and Chittum both awesome - Mendez really progressed since last year.

Personally, i don't think Rivera is really an Iowa guy. I have no idea on his interest in Iowa, or Iowa's interest in him, but he is about as far from the Iowa mold that one could get from a wrestling standpoint. He does a lot of crazy out of position things, isn't that physical, and is a bit rough around the edges. He is a great wrestler, but I don't think Iowa would see him as their kind of fit. But, who knows what TnT see.

Personally, i don't think Rivera is really an Iowa guy. I have no idea on his interest in Iowa, or Iowa's interest in him, but he is about as far from the Iowa mold that one could get from a wrestling standpoint. He does a lot of crazy out of position things, isn't that physical, and is a bit rough around the edges. He is a great wrestler, but I don't think Iowa would see him as their kind of fit. But, who knows what TnT see.
You have nothing good to say about him and turn around and call him a great wrestler.

He is pretty unorthodox...reminds me bit of Brettli Reyna who is currently on the Iowa roster. More of a pinner than Reyna but both get into weird positions. I think if Iowa doesn't recruit him, it just means that they are satisfied with the future at 125-141.

Reactions: Gobblin
Is it just me?
Don't like flo's set up where do u find up coming matches?
No flo arena anymore? Mine opens up to bout matches full page
of matches with all the mats but can't find any way to find who is what and where.

Is it just me?
Don't like flo's set up where do u find up coming matches?
No flo arena anymore? Mine opens up to bout matches full page
of matches with all the mats but can't find any way to find who is what and where.

Here's the link to Floarena.

You can find upcoming matches by looking bottom right on the main page.

Reactions: OKCRockHawk
You have nothing good to say about him and turn around and call him a great wrestler.
Relax... Nothing good to say? I said he doesn't fit the prototypical mold of an Iowa (Iowa Style wrestler). That isn't a dig. Everything I said about him is true regarding his style etc. It is possible for a wrestler to not be the typical fit for an Iowa wrestler and yet they can still be a great wrestler. Why don'y you watch some of his matches and then tell me where I am wrong? I've watched the kid closely for years, and have been present for many of his matches.

Reactions: HIWILLE
You can also set alerts for specific wrestlers in Arena as well. Just click the bell next to the wrestlers name and you can get text or email notifications of mat assignments and results.

Ayala wins 17-7 over a very tall opponent. The kid gassed by the 2nd period. Ayala showing a bit of a mean streak duringthe match, obviously was frustrated with the lack of activity from his opponent.

Fernando Villaescusa, Ames
Drake Ayala, Fort Dodge
I took a quick look through the brackets and found only 2 Iowa high schoolers. If I'm right it's a sad thing for Iowa high school wrestling.
According to Flo arena there's 20 kids from Iowa still in the champ and cons. I think there was close to 30 entries to begin with.

Reactions: HIWILLE
Ayala gives up a td in the 1st and ridden for a bit in the 2nd. But comes back strong after a restart. Ends up winning 6-3 after notching 2 tds of his own.

Big upset in Ayala's bracket. Titus just lost 3-1. Flo had him ranked #2 at 126(Ayala #1 @120). Most had them slated to meet in the finals.

Ayala's next opponent, Gioffre, Flo has ranked 14th @120.

Last edited:
Reactions: SDHN2013
Im not surprised Titus lost, I hope Drake keeps rolling

I know nothing about Titus other than his ranking and watching his WNO match(which was a very entertaining scramblefest), but am curious as to why it wasn't a surprise to you that he lost this early in the tourny.

I know nothing about Titus other than his ranking and watching his WNO match(which was a very entertaining scramblefest), but am curious as to why it wasn't a surprise to you that he lost this early in the tourny.
Stay away from the funk finish hard and cleanly. He is not Askren.

Big upset in Ayala's bracket. Titus just lost 3-1. Flo had him ranked #2 at 126(Ayala #1 @120). Most had them slated to meet in the finals.

When are the quarterfinals? Flo doesnt seem to have that times for rounds listed anywhere.

When are the quarterfinals? Flo doesnt seem to have that times for rounds listed anywhere.

I believe that Ayala is done until tomorrow morning.

From Flo's website:

All times shown are Eastern.

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 24
- 7:00 Doors open
- 8:00 am - 2:00 pm - High School Session 1: 106, 113, 120, 126, 182, 195, 220, HWT weight classes only
- 2:00 pm - Venue cleared for cleaning
- 3:00 pm - 9:00 pm - High School Session 2: 132, 138, 145, 152, 160, 170 weight classes only

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 25
- 7:00 Doors open
- 8:00 am - Wrestling begins for all divisions
- anticipated end around 5:00 pm

Drake is pretty small at 126, doing well but obvious he is lacking size and HP at the weight.

Robinson looked to have a decent strength advantage over Ayala as Drake has a hard time getting past his hands head defense. Ayala’s motor and technique are his biggest assets at this point. He stays in good position and knows how to create angles. Robinson was gassed in the third and got ridden pretty hard.

Btw Ayala’s quarter final opponent tomorrow is Jack Gioffre (Jr) out of CA. Gioffre was 4th at the CA st tourney last year at 113lbs. Figueroa (who Ayala beat at WNO) won that weight class). FWIW

Reactions: jrod65
yeah, kind of reminds me of that Brinzer guy

Reactions: hawkssox1
Ayala looked really good in quarters with a 12-6 win over Gioffre from CA. Gioffre got the first TD and looked to have size and strength over Drake, but the kid is tough between the ears and relentless. He was chasing a major as time expired. He’s got a kid from Indiana in the semis

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT