ADVERTISEMENT

Recruits visiting this weekend

Apr 8, 2003
Next week will be the big weekend for recruits with the night game against Penn State, but here is this week's list with 20+ prospects visiting for Iowa's game against North Texas on Saturday.

Class of 2018

John Waggoner - 6-foot-5, 245-pound DE from West Des Moines, IA

Mitchell Riggs - 6-foot-2, 215-pound LB from West Des Moines, IA

Nathan Nelson - 6-foot-4, 230-pound DE from Waukee, IA

Zach Jones - 5-10, 160-pound WR from Iowa City, IA

Jacob Barnhart - 6-foot-6, 300-pound OL from West Branch, IA

T.J. Kennedy - 6-foot-4, 330-pound OL from Lee's Summit, MO

Luke Williams - 5-foot-11, 155-pound K from Pleasant Hill, IA

Nick Orr - 6-foot-5, 275-pound OL from Overland Park, KS

Nolan Potter - 6-foot-5, 250-pound OL from Cedar Rapids, IA

Isaac Vollstedt - 6-foot-0, 200-pound LB from Iowa City, IA

Tyler Blaha - 6-foot-2, 165-pound WR from Council Bluffs, IA

Cody Ince - 6-foot-5, 260-pound OL from Balsam Lake, WI (Iowa commit)

Tyler Linderbaum - 6-foot-2, 255-pound DT from Solon, IA (Iowa commit)

Dillon Doyle - 6-foot-3, 215-pound LB from Iowa City, IA (Iowa commit)

Class of 2019

Joel DeCoursey - 6-foot-5, 220-pound TE from Zionsville, IN

Spencer Harris - 6-foot-4, 290-pound OL from DeKalb, IL

Trevor Paulsen - 6-foot-2, 175-pound QB from Marion, IA

Karst Hunter - 6-foot-4, 190-pound QB from Miller, SD

Tyler Endres - 6-foot-6, 280-pound OL from Norwalk, IA (Iowa commit)

Ezra Miller - 6-foot-6, 280-pound OL from Holstein, IA (Iowa commit)

Class of 2020

Tyler Elsbury - 6-foot-5, 275-pound OL from Byron, IL

Last edited:
Reactions: F6n6
Tyler Elsbury is that big and still a high school sophomore? Wow!
Crazy. Some kids get really big early. Played 9th grade football at Wood Jr high, (later became Davenport North), with a kid who was 6'6" and 305lbs as an 8th grader. Whenever someone got hurt in practice, they'd tell the coaches, "Jeff fell on me". LOL!

Reactions: iowa surfer
Damn, I would like to see more DL's on the list. They seem to be hardest players for Iowa to recruit.

Other schools would have like 100+visitors for this game I find that funny

Or it could be that Iowa will be bringing in many visitors for the prime time game against Penn State the following week. Just a thought there tough guy.

What a stupid comment on amount of visitors. Rather have a large group for North Texas or night game on ABC against a top 5 team in PSU? And have Waggoner hang with AJ before and after the game. Wags could see not only a bright future but also that coaches would allow him to go early on the d-line.

Reactions: kceasthawk
What a stupid comment on amount of visitors. Rather have a large group for North Texas or night game on ABC against a top 5 team in PSU? And have Waggoner hang with AJ before and after the game. Wags could see not only a bright future but also that coaches would allow him to go early on the d-line.
It should be obvious by now, even to the whiners, that KF will play young players who show themselves ready , and bring something of value to the lineup as freshmen. Yes, some of the youngsters playing this season have been able to jump into the deep end because of need at certain positions. Even with Ike's injury, we do have other options on the OL, but clearly Jackson and Wirfs bring some thing to the table that Iowa has been missing for awhile at tackle. Mainly pure size, and athletic ability. AJ Epenesa as well, came into a crowded group at DE, but brings some unique skills and athletic ability.

Huh? I wasn't whining. The opposite I am thrilled Kirk will put the best guys out regardless of age/grade and AJ who plays the same position as Waggoner is a prime example. And that should be a good angle. Sorry if your post wasn't aimed at me.

Huh? I wasn't whining. The opposite I am thrilled Kirk will put the best guys out regardless of age/grade and AJ who plays the same position as Waggoner is a prime example. And that should be a good angle. Sorry if your post wasn't aimed at me.
It was not aimed at you KFan. Just seems like even with evidence to the contrary we still hear this same sad song.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT