ADVERTISEMENT

Red / purple swing state polls

I’m guessing we don’t have a winner election night. And this endless election cycle will never end.

The election cycle does end. . . For about one year after the presidential election.

After that you have a year of congressional elections and 2 years of presidential elections. So 3 our of every 4 years is election season.

I’m guessing we don’t have a winner election night. And this endless election cycle will never end.
Sadly, that pretty much goes without saying.

And I resent it very much. I actually "like" staying up -- even/especially late into the night -- to wait for the declaration of the winner. It's a moment of catharsis that allows you to look forward, regardless of outcome.

As important ballot access is on the front end, I think the interest in finality on the back end gets short shrift in a way that doesn't help us as a polity.

The election cycle does end. . . For about one year after the presidential election.

After that you have a year of congressional elections and 2 years of presidential elections. So 3 our of every 4 years is election season.
unless you live in virginia, where we elect our governor in year +1 and everybody focuses on it as some sort of litmus test on the president.

unless you live in virginia, where we elect our governor in year +1 and everybody focuses on it as some sort of litmus test on the president.

Oh that would suck. In Indiana our governors are elected in presidential election years and state legislature stays with the congressional election cycle.

Reactions: Aardvark86
From a good quality polling firm. Razor thin margins just 6 weeks out.

The one positive, assuming Harris wins Pennsylvania, is that all she needs to do is win 1 of those 3 states to lock it up (assuming there are no surprises in Michigan and Wisconsin).

I don’t believe Trump can lose any of those 3.

Democrats better have an amazing ground game because, as cliché as it may be, voter turnout is going to be especially important this go around.

Reactions: Aardvark86
I disagree.
I would rather see election week and the tabulate the votes the following week. Also, if you take corporate money out of the equation we could end the countless commercials and campaigning.
I could get behind this as long as we go to all in person voting with rare exemptions for mail ins. Drop box voting is a horrific idea for security.

• Haha
Reactions: Tom Paris
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT