ADVERTISEMENT

Reds broadcaster Thom Brennaman says homophobic slur on air.

:eek:

laugh-r191677.gif

Reactions: The Tradition
Huge reds fan here so I have listened to Thom call games for a long time. Reds had a double header today, watched the first game and was doing some other things and turned it back on to catch the end of the second game and I heard Jim Day announcing and was like huh wonder what happened to Thom... now it makes sense

So they gave him the boot after the 5th inning. Rumors are that Doyle is interviewing for the job tmrw.

That has to be one of the most unintentionally funny apologies of history.

""I pride myself and think of myself as a uh.... man of faith, as there's a drive into deep left field by Castellanos that will be a homerun, and so that will make it a 4-0 ball game..... I don't know if I"m going to be putting on this headset again....."

Can we just get a straight-up apology? I'm so tired of the "If anyone was offended" or "To those who are offended"....just apologize without the qualifiers.

I also cringed when I heard him add "...it's not who I am". I'm not going to say that's who he is because I don't know him, but character is what you do (or say) when no one is watching.

Thom B. called the first football game ever on BTN, the epic 2007 Appalachian State vs Michigan game.

I was really curious about this new network, would it deliver? I thought TB and Charles Davis were great and definetely up to the moment.

Now, like the ASU player TB called on the scoop and score, TB is gone!

Can we just get a straight-up apology? I'm so tired of the "If anyone was offended" or "To those who are offended"....just apologize without the qualifiers.

I also cringed when I heard him add "...it's not who I am". I'm not going to say that's who he is because I don't know him, but character is what you do (or say) when no one is watching.
I hear you to a degree. What's a "straight-up apology" going to do for anyone, though? For The Mob, an apology will never be enough. He's getting canned, regardless. What, precisely, does the pound of flesh that is ultimately demanded consist of when it comes to "apology?"

What is contrite sniveling going to accomplish as recompense for using a slur?

Granted, this is slightly different than using the "wrong" pronoun or failing to acknowledge your unbearable "whiteness" when walking to the market; but what is the ultimate difference?
The demands and the penance become arbitrary in the presence of a Mob.

Last edited:
That sort of random and derisive statement makes me think Thom knows what a dick feels like in his mouth and he really does not want anyone to think that about him.

I hear you to a degree. What's a "straight-up apology" going to do for anyone, though? For The Mob, an apology will never be enough. He's getting canned, regardless. What, precisely, does the pound of flesh that is ultimately demanded consist of when it comes to "apology?"

Granted, this is slightly different than using the "wrong" pronoun or failing to acknowledge your unbearable "whiteness" when walking to the market; but what is the ultimate difference?

This sounds personal, what pronoun did you use and what did you actually do while in transit to the market?

Reactions: Dr. Spaceman
Coming soon to KCRG, KWWL, KCCI, KTIV, WOI, KCAU, or whatever local station might need a sports anchor… Thom Brennaman.

How about, just once, someone saying...

"I want to apologize for my stupid and insensitive statement. It was wrong and for that I am sorry. In my position of ____ I have to be better than that and I will make every effort to do so. I am sorry."

Just a straight up apology. No qualifiers, no explanations/excuses, just apologize. It's not that hard.

The guy deserves to be fired and you sound stupid trying to make this a greivance against the PC mob.

Reactions: Rudolph and torbee
How about, just once, someone saying...

"I want to apologize for my stupid and insensitive statement. It was wrong and for that I am sorry. In my position of ____ I have to be better than that and I will make every effort to do so. I am sorry."

Just a straight up apology. No qualifiers, no explanations/excuses, just apologize. It's not that hard.

This works too. :)

i-am-sorry

If he is married to a man and use to be a woman he might have a chance.

sounds like he said the bad word with a lot of hate in his tone so I don’t like his odds.

Reactions: N8dogg99
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT