ADVERTISEMENT

Reeves to ISU per IAWrestle

What weight does he project at? 125 I would assume. Congrats, you get to wrestle Spenser Lee.

I also believe he could be the best out of all the Iowa High School wrestlers from last season. Most people would go Teske, Thomsen, Schriever, or a few others. I dont think it's an outrageous prediction to go with Reeves though.

Oh no. That is outrageous. Doesn't mean you can't be right. I honestly think Thomsen becomes the best of the bunch. I love his athleticism. Just hope he works on bottom.

I like Reeves as well and do think there is a good upside there. I think success in college depends on attitude and the kid has a great one. Very good pickup for ISU.

Being a 4xer in high school gets you nothing in college. Look at all of the 4xers that didnt pan out for various reasons(see Iowa's 3rd string 141 for next season) Not to mention Thomsen hardly ever wrestles outside of the high school season. I'm very curious to see how he holds up to the grind of the big ten season.
You're talking about the Fargo champ, Fargo AA and super 32 placer Alex Thomsen, correct?

Last edited:
i think reeves is a solid pickup for them. he has done very well on the fargo scene, I believe he is a 4x AA. but we all know what school is lightweight U and he will have his hands full with Lee for 1 year and then whoever takes over after that (hoping for schreiver or Robert howard) for the following years.

Being a 4xer in high school gets you nothing in college. Look at all of the 4xers that didnt pan out for various reasons(see Iowa's 3rd string 141 for next season) Not to mention Thomsen hardly ever wrestles outside of the high school season. I'm very curious to see how he holds up to the grind of the big ten season.

Notice I didn't mention his 4 Iowa State Championships. He's athletic as all, has clearly never lifted weights, is dynamic from neutral and seems to enjoy wrestling.

I could be wrong and he gets ridden to death, but I'll take my chances.

This might be the dumbest post I've ever seen. He's only wrestled UWW's, Fargo, Super 32, numerous RTC's, etc. He was a double Fargo AA last year with a title in Greco, you said you didn't know yet you made the comment he hardly ever wrestles outside of the high school season...wow

Notice I didn't mention his 4 Iowa State Championships. He's athletic as all, has clearly never lifted weights, is dynamic from neutral and seems to enjoy wrestling.

I could be wrong and he gets ridden to death, but I'll take my chances.
I'd have loved to see Thomsen at iowa. Love his neutral game and high ceiling.

So, when these kids commit to a school I'm assuming other schools continue to recruit them. Is this accurate? Ethical? Common practice? Personally, I believe there are some big changes coming regarding recruiting and RTC's.

Hey @MitchL your thoughts on Reeves to ISU?
Better than anyone on the roster, but they don't have much for quality workout partners. That's what hinders improvement.
Just look how dreadful ISU has been the last 6-8 years in the lower weights.

Reactions: whejoe
So, when these kids commit to a school I'm assuming other schools continue to recruit them. Is this accurate? Ethical? Common practice? Personally, I believe there are some big changes coming regarding recruiting and RTC's.
So far, since Dresser has been at Ames, its been publicized that they flipped kids that were previously committed to Wisc-LaCrosse, Grandview, and now, Campbell.

Ah look out, Here comes the delusional western Iowa fan boys. I’m not going to waste a lot of time on this because you clearly are a fan boy and I’ll come back with facts. The dude wrestles about two off season tournaments a year by the looks of his track profile and flo results. I don’t recall and can’t seem to find him wrestling in any of the Iowa preseason and postseason national tournaments. He’s turned down every invite he’s gotten to an all star meet. I’ve had many of these conversations with peoples opinions who actually matter in wrestling unlike yourself so I know you are wrong. I will be spending no more time on you as I’m not going to spend all night googling info and showing you while you are wrong. I’m sure I missed 1 tournament somewhere across his off season career that you will try to build a straw man out of but the fact still remains. He doesn’t wrestle a lot in the off season. You are wrong

Ah look out, Here comes the delusional western Iowa fan boys. I’m not going to waste a lot of time on this because you clearly are a fan boy and I’ll come back with facts. The dude wrestles about two off season tournaments a year by the looks of his track profile and flo results. I don’t recall and can’t seem to find him wrestling in any of the Iowa preseason and postseason national tournaments. He’s turned down every invite he’s gotten to an all star meet. I’ve had many of these conversations with peoples opinions who actually matter in wrestling unlike yourself so I know you are wrong. I will be spending no more time on you as I’m not going to spend all night googling info and showing you while you are wrong. I’m sure I missed 1 tournament somewhere across his off season career that you will try to build a straw man out of but the fact still remains. He doesn’t wrestle a lot in the off season. You are wrong

Are you from IA Wrestle?

Last year, he wrestled:

Junior Open-Placed 4th
UWW Trials-True Second
Northern Regions-Won both Greco and Freestyle
Fargo-Won greco,5th freestyle

That's about all you can wrestle for a guy at his level. The pre/post nationals here in Iowa do not get that many top guys.

Last year, he wrestled:

Junior Open-Placed 4th
UWW Trials-True Second
Northern Regions-Won both Greco and Freestyle
Fargo-Won greco,5th freestyle

That's about all you can wrestle for a guy at his level. The pre/post nationals here in Iowa do not get that many top guys.

Haha...thank you Chief. I would say someone who qualified, wrestled in, and placed in the team trails has wrestled outside of high school.

Still wondering about the connection to IA Wrestle though......crickets.

Reactions: IAChief32
Haha...thank you Chief. I would say someone who qualified, wrestled in, and placed in the team trails has wrestled outside of high school.

Still wondering about the connection to IA Wrestle though......crickets.

Speaking of...he wrestled in Night of Conflict which is an all start meet so he didn't turn away every all star meet.

Not to mention you act like he doesn't touch the wrestling mat after folkstyle state until Fargo. To win Fargo, you have to be training all spring/summer.

Who's the delusional one?

Reactions: nearfall2
Alright alright he wrestled more than I thought. I know I’ve had conversations about him skipping events with people to which they agreed. I guess I was thinking junior duals and Pitt wrestling classic, also the Iowa stuff I mentioned. Also a few other Allstar meets. Point still stands on me thinking Reeves is right there with potential, if not better. Hardly ever was a bad way of putting my point.
You also stated a current Hawkeye 141 didn't pan out even though he is just a Sophomore, further proving you are an idiot.

You are feeling good about his chances next year? He might find a way in, you never know for sure. If he doesnt end up starting, does that make you the idiot? It should by your criteria. Id imagine it's a general consensus on these boards that Murin is going to be the guy at 141 this next year and likely the next 3 after that. Also they would probably say Lugo is the guy at 149 the next two years. Not to mention a guy in Vince Turk who beats Happel in tryouts. Assuming you are smarter than me because you didnt agree with a comment I made could end badly for you.

Ok seriously this guy works for IA Wrestle? And they actually wonder why people don't hold them in higher regard?

IMO both Thomsen and Teske would beat Reeves handily right now.
Umm, well word is that Teske wanted nothing to do with Reeves at the CRT workouts because it didn't go well when they did tangle.

And Schriever is there drilling too............................all while wearing Hawkeye gear. : )

Already did. I like occasionally reading here and commenting but I’m done following along on this thread after this post because I’ve let this consume way too much of my last time the last 18 hours. If you don’t like IAWrestle already, you never will and that’s fine. If you like what we do great. One of the best things about the group is we aren’t all yes men giving the same opinion. I’m not everyone’s cup of tea and that’s how it’s been my whole life but I’ll let you know what I think and never BS you. Plenty of people like what I say so I’ll be just fine. Not a whole lot gets accomplished with a meeting room full of people who are like minded and have the same sensibilities. Also I think this is one of many reasons why wrestling lags so far behind. People get butt hurt when someone has a different opinion. Anyone that has a problem with me my PM’s are open and I’ll gladly discuss there.

Yep..he is IA Wrestle. Stating and discussing difference opinions should always be encouraged.

Being 100% inaccurate, and then claiming it's a difference of opinion is well...the IA Wrestle way i guess.

You seem very thoughtful and knowledgeable about Iowa and wrestling...oh wait J/k

Already did. I like occasionally reading here and commenting but I’m done following along on this thread after this post because I’ve let this consume way too much of my last time the last 18 hours. If you don’t like IAWrestle already, you never will and that’s fine. If you like what we do great. One of the best things about the group is we aren’t all yes men giving the same opinion. I’m not everyone’s cup of tea and that’s how it’s been my whole life but I’ll let you know what I think and never BS you. Plenty of people like what I say so I’ll be just fine. Not a whole lot gets accomplished with a meeting room full of people who are like minded and have the same sensibilities. Also I think this is one of many reasons why wrestling lags so far behind. People get butt hurt when someone has a different opinion. Anyone that has a problem with me my PM’s are open and I’ll gladly discuss there.

Sounds like you’re 17 hours and 59 minutes late...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT