ADVERTISEMENT

Refs calling stalling at nationals

tiltman

All-Conference
Sep 14, 2012
I thought the refs did a better job of calling stalling at nationals than they did in the regular season. It's still not called as often as I would like, but they did better IMO. Agree/Disagree?

Maybe but the majority were with 15 seconds or less left and had zero effect on the outcome. The only one called with any consistency was the five count because it's the only one with enough definition that refs have to call it or face criticism
Posted from Rivals Mobile

The inconsistency bothered me. It was extremely frustrating watching Nathan Tomasello run Moisey out of bounds 3-4 times in a row and dance away from him at the end and not even get a SW, then Clark gets run out once and gets called. I also think something needs to be done with the 5-count when a wrestler drops to the leg. I like the rule. However, there were two times in the finals alone where a wrestler attempted to move up from the leg but couldn't because his opponent was kicking repeatedly in attempt to escape. I believe it was Habat and Wilps that were hit when they were trying to move up. I think it's a great rule, just maybe needs a little tweaking.

Yes, excellent call. What about the situations where he is on the ankle getting stall counts and we work up into a single leg, but they keep counting and call stalling. That is tough.

I didn't see much change in the stalling calls as well. The stall call for "fleeing" or avoiding wrestling needs to be enforced if there's no push out rule coming in.

I could not disagree more with the original post.

The stall calling was pathetic like usual.

Hundreds of times, a wrestler who had his leg grabbed, intentionally tried to get out of bounds with no stall call. That is the refs blatantly refusing to enforce the rules.

In many matches it felt like I spent more time watching wrestlers walk back to the middle, than I did actual wrestling.

And with all due respect...why in the hell was Sandy Stephens always announcing "stall calls"??? Of all things to announce you choose to let us know when there was a stall call on a particular mat? Was I the only one that was irritated by that?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT