ADVERTISEMENT

Religious beliefs creating concern over CRCSD interim superintendent’s ability to perform job

fredjr82

HR Legend
Gold Member
Nov 13, 2007
Cedar Rapids Interim Superintendent Art Sathoff gave a sermon against the teaching of evolution and people who don’t believe in God, according to videos reviewed by our KCRG-TV9 i9 Investigative Team.

Sathoff worked at the Indianola Church of Christ for five months as an associate pastor before taking the position in the Cedar Rapids School District. Before he became a pastor in July 2022, he was in a different leadership position called an elder and gave sermons at the Indianola Church of Christ. According to the church’s website, one of the church’s main beliefs is the sanctity of marriage exists between one man and one woman.

Madison Atwood, who said she is an equity coach within the Cedar Rapids Community School District, emailed the board after his appointment and said a member of an LGBTQ affinity group, which had its first meeting in October, reached out to her with concern over the church’s views. She also said Sathoff’s appointment will make it more difficult for her to provide support for marginalized staff.

Link

• Wow
Reactions: cigaretteman
I think maybe he should be given a chance to see how he does.

I can separate my personal morals and beliefs from that of secular society and understand that in a secular setting I have to operate by secular standards.

Granted a lot of people can't do this but I do think the guy should be given the opportunity to show if he can or not before he's condemned.

Reactions: thewop
People who don't understand the difference between scientific theory and Bob's theory on Hunter Biden's laptop should not be in a decision making position in a school district.

People who don't understand the difference between scientific theory and Bob's theory on Hunter Biden's laptop should not be in a decision making position in a school district.
People who bought into the misinformation that Hunter’s laptop was disinformation should not be in a decision making position.

Reactions: DogBoyRy
I think maybe he should be given a chance to see how he does.

I can separate my personal morals and beliefs from that of secular society and understand that in a secular setting I have to operate by secular standards.

Granted a lot of people can't do this but I do think the guy should be given the opportunity to show if he can or not before he's condemned.
I agree with this. I’m not a fan of the Church of Christ by any means. But this guy hasn’t marginalized anyone that I can tell. It’s just that he does hold more extreme beliefs.

Had he been treating staff members differently and his sermon was used to back up the claims of those staff members, then it would be a different story. So far that has not happened and this article is only pointing out that he holds these beliefs. It doesn’t say that he has allowed those beliefs to affect his job and those who work for him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT