ADVERTISEMENT

"Religious Freedom" commercials......

joelbc1

HR King
Gold Member
Sep 5, 2007
you can’t always get what you want!
Bobby Jindahl wants us to believe that the United States was set up to provide religious liberty. Perhaps he might be right. However, when I read the Constitution, I read where provides "we the people" freedom FROM religion too.
What is the paranoia from all the fundamentalist, religious zealots out there in the nation? What do they fear? I think my fear of having a particular brand of religion (in this case Christianity) forced fed to us is a lot closer to the reality here. Religious folks need to understand that their religion can be practiced as they see fit, as long as they do it in their place of worship. I have trouble when they feel "there place" includes public gatherings and public buildings. Not allowing a "religion belief" to be expressed in these venues is hardly endangering their right to practice religion.
What is the reason for these commercials? Is it because we are in another (continuous) election cycle? As a student of American history, I find the reasoning behind these "religious freedom" commercials disingenuous, if not unethical.

I thought you were talking about this one

500x281

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT