ADVERTISEMENT

Religious right doing it’s thing

I wouldn't say "religious right" I'd say, "A$$hole who's clearly never read the teachings of Jesus outside of cherry picking passages to support his twisted narrative" This is akin to not assuming all Muslims are terrorists...recognizing that every entity has its fringe.

I wouldn't say "religious right" I'd say, "A$$hole who's clearly never read the teachings of Jesus outside of cherry picking passages to support his twisted narrative" This is akin to not assuming all Muslims are terrorists...recognizing that every entity has its fringe.
Sure, the religious right is more represented by Falwell Jr.

Reactions: lucas80
I can't imagine the sheer quantity of arrogance and self-importance required to believe (and publicly state) that your prayer resulted in the death of another human being.

Simply on a humanity level, it's absolutely horrifying. It's even worse from a purported man of the cloth who leads others.

oof, he's the worst, isn't he?
Frank Amedia, who served on the president's 2016 campaign as a liaison for Christian policy and founded the pro-Trump POTUS Shield network, was among those suggesting Ginsburg's death had been celestially ordained.

"Last night during the POTUS Shield network prayer intercession, I made a desperate appeal to the Lord to rescue us, our nation, the church, and to hear the cry of the blood of the 60 million murdered children; and to answer quickly and NOW for HIS own name's sake. In less than one hour, the announcement of Ginsberg's [sic] passing came out,"

It is an underappreciated fact: The average pastor at the local
parish in small town USA is doing a good job of shepherding the
flock in their calling. That pastor tries to strengthen the Christian
faith of those in the congregation and reach out into the community
with acts of charity. These pastors are not in the news headlines
or in front of TV cameras. They just want to serve the Lord.

Frank Amedia, who served on the president's 2016 campaign as a liaison for Christian policy and founded the pro-Trump POTUS Shield network, was among those suggesting Ginsburg's death had been celestially ordained.

"Last night during the POTUS Shield network prayer intercession, I made a desperate appeal to the Lord to rescue us, our nation, the church, and to hear the cry of the blood of the 60 million murdered children; and to answer quickly and NOW for HIS own name's sake. In less than one hour, the announcement of Ginsberg's [sic] passing came out,"

tenor.gif

Reactions: lucas80
I can't imagine the sheer quantity of arrogance and self-importance required to believe (and publicly state) that your prayer resulted in the death of another human being.

Simply on a humanity level, it's absolutely horrifying. It's even worse from a purported man of the cloth who leads others.

It also reeks of delusion and self-aggrandizement.

Pastor Henderson will pray for you to understand. If not, well, disbelievers are fair game.

Reactions: hawkifann
Guys like Jerry Falwell Jr. have hijacked the Christian beliefs
and betrayed their soul for political advantage. Now Falwell
Jr. has been booted out of the Presidency of Liberty University
for sexual immorality. He is another hypocrite who gives
Christianity a bad name.
We need more men like Billy Graham (Sr.)

The "religious right" ARE the "A$$holes who clearly never read the teachings of Jesus". There are conservative Christians who do not fall into that camp. The religious right is the (large) fringe of Christianity. Those are the folks who claim that Trump was chosen by God so we have to excuse his hateful acts and divisive rhetoric as he fulfills his Godly mission. He's been called "the salty sailor". When it's pointed out that this means they would have to ignore him even if he choked a child to death and drank it's blood, they simply ignore you.

Reactions: BelemNole
Here's a pretty easy metric for religious figures - if your house/car are nicer than most of the people you're preaching to - there's a 99% chance you're an asshole.
He's not a religious figure but certainly one Christians (and everyone else) should aspire to - Jimmy Carter's house was appraised at $167,000.

Not an asshole. :)

Reactions: BelemNole
Guys like Jerry Falwell Jr. have hijacked the Christian beliefs
and betrayed their soul for political advantage. Now Falwell
Jr. has been booted out of the Presidency of Liberty University
for sexual immorality. He is another hypocrite who gives
Christianity a bad name.
The Kid learned from his old man, Lute. Dad was a Fraud First Class too. Dint be naive and lie to yourself. Reagan truly made a deal with the Devil when he embraced the evangelicals to the GOP. Might be the worst political move ever made in the history of this nation. Politics and religion deserve to be kept separate at all times.

ADVERTISEMENT