ADVERTISEMENT

Religious wars: With the Christian right on the offensive, activists are fighting back

Without clicking on links the article references very few specifics.

I've seen a lot of things pushed by the right under the guise of religious freedom that is IMO complete BS and often prioritizes one faith over others.

On the other hand the left's view of religious freedom is all together incomplete. It's view is that religious freedom only extends to what church I am allowed to attend and it denies that my ability to practice my religion within broader society makes up a part of religious freedom.

The culture wars which some Christians
engage in:

1. They believe that human life begins at
conception and that abortion is murder.

2. They believe that marriage was instituted
by God for one man and one woman. They
reject homosexual marriage because it is
opposed to God's Will.

For all the railing against Muslim extremists, it's the Christian jihadists who pose the greatest threat to our democracy.

LMFAO...

Yeah, remember when those Christians slaughtered innocent US citizens by the thousands?

World-Trade-Center-Terrorist-attack.jpg

My personal view is that MAGA is code for Make America White and Protestant Again.

Regardless, the left has a hard-on for excoriating Christianity while many of those same antagonists extol the virtues of Islam as being a religion of peace. It's a joke.

Oh, and I have never encountered a Catholic volunteering in a soup kitchen screening people based on religion and sexual orientation. In fact, I'm pretty sure many charitable acts from people associated with Protestantism don't screen people on that basis either.

Ridiculous.

Just out of curiosity, how did you interpret that statement to be one of love for anyone?

The entire comment is complete lunacy. To compare Khamanei favorably to any US politician left or right is just laughable. Weren't they just using live ammunition to disperse protesters last week?

Reactions: ctghawk
The entire comment is complete lunacy. To compare Khamanei favorably to any US politician left or right is just laughable. Weren't they just using live ammunition to disperse protesters last week?

That doesn't really explain how you got to "love" but I think it does illustrate that you misunderstood the point. At least how I understood it.

I believe the point was to illustrate that they have both weaponized religion for their own benefit. And, that somehow, Graham is actually so corrupt that he's more corrupt than someone everyone recognizes as being bad.

Maybe I'm wrong and Lucas will swing by and say he does actually love Khamanei.

That doesn't really explain how you got to "love" but I think it does illustrate that you misunderstood the point. At least how I understood it.

I believe the point was to illustrate that they have both weaponized religion for their own benefit. And, that somehow, Graham is actually so corrupt that he's more corrupt than someone everyone recognizes as being bad.

Maybe I'm wrong and Lucas will swing by and say he does actually love Khamanei.

Well since he thinks Christians are more dangerous than Muslims I really don’t think his opinion on this matter carries much weight.

Well since he thinks Christians are more dangerous than Muslims I really don’t think his opinion on this matter carries much weight.
No, I think radical Christians are a threat to our democracy. You do not understand the difference between a threat to our system of government, and an external security threat. Iran is no threat to our democracy. Islam is not a threat to our democracy.
Come sit next to me in the pew, and I'll gladly shake your hand in fellowship. My religion is important to me, and it guides how I lead my life. However, I don't want my minister (Or, the west of I-35 crowd), running the country. Government and religion should not be intertwined.
Although, I live in IC, so my minister is a bit of a Lib who doesn't' hate gay folk. Not a great comparison I suppose. Don't think for a minute that there are a lot of people who want to use the government to force you to live your life per their religious beliefs.

Reactions: PCBHAWK and Rudolph
No, I think radical Christians are a threat to our democracy. You do not understand the difference between a threat to our system of government, and an external security threat. Iran is no threat to our democracy. Islam is not a threat to our democracy.
Come sit next to me in the pew, and I'll gladly shake your hand in fellowship. My religion is important to me, and it guides how I lead my life. However, I don't want my minister (Or, the west of I-35 crowd), running the country. Government and religion should not be intertwined.
Although, I live in IC, so my minister is a bit of a Lib who doesn't' hate gay folk. Not a great comparison I suppose. Don't think for a minute that there are a lot of people who want to use the government to force you to live your life per their religious beliefs.

Ok, tell me how Christians are a serious threat to our democracy. I’m all ears.

Keep watching how the current Iowa legislature legislates. You should get a clue or two from them.

Go ahead and fill me in, I'm kinda busy with work to pay much attention toe the Iowa legislature. Tell me how they are a threat to our democracy.

Go ahead and fill me in, I'm kinda busy with work to pay much attention toe the Iowa legislature. Tell me how they are a threat to our democracy.
A lot of red state legislatures have been trying to undercut a woman's right to choose for the past few decades. One doesn't have to look too hard to have seen that.

Reactions: naturalmwa
A lot of red state legislatures have been trying to undercut a woman's right to choose for the past few decades. One doesn't have to look too hard to have seen that.
And the working person’s right to unionize...and allowing the pollution of the state’s waterways to go on unabated...and deny those who are most vulnerable the right to accessible healthcare...

Without clicking on links the article references very few specifics.

I've seen a lot of things pushed by the right under the guise of religious freedom that is IMO complete BS and often prioritizes one faith over others.

On the other hand the left's view of religious freedom is all together incomplete. It's view is that religious freedom only extends to what church I am allowed to attend and it denies that my ability to practice my religion within broader society makes up a part of religious freedom.

No, it ends at allowing you to force your beliefs onto other people.

What do you mean by this? You're free to practice your religion whenever you want: prayer, recruitment, whatever. You just can't do it on the public dime. Can you give specific examples of liberals claiming otherwise?

For all the railing against Muslim extremists, it's the Christian jihadists who pose the greatest threat to our democracy.

Christian jihadists hold positions of power in the government and work to normalize their preposterous views. just wait until vaccines are illegal. Jesus will fix that.

Christian jihadists hold positions of power in the government and work to normalize their preposterous views. just wait until vaccines are illegal. Jesus will fix that.
Lol. I know people who don't vaccinate their children and believe parents should be able to choose which vaccinations their own children receive or don't receive.

I know exactly zero people who believe vaccines should be outlawed. Got any links that prove me wrong?

Reactions: royhobbs2
"christians" are some of the most mean-spirited hateful people I have to deal with. They are nothing like the Man they claim to follow. Jesus was all about love and acceptance and would have loved and embraced Gays just as He did everyone. Meanwhile, "christians" stir up hatred of Gays as a recruiting and donation tool.

Reactions: PCBHAWK and Torg
"christians" are some of the most mean-spirited hateful people I have to deal with. They are nothing like the Man they claim to follow. Jesus was all about love and acceptance and would have loved and embraced Gays just as He did everyone. Meanwhile, "christians" stir up hatred of Gays as a recruiting and donation tool.
Some "Christians" do. Mostly followers of the Christian taliban. Other's use their head and think for themselves and don't allow the false prophets to dictate their thinking.

Examples of your last statement?

Last edited:
Reactions: Rudolph
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT