ADVERTISEMENT

Remaining Targets for 2018

David1979

HR Legend
Oct 17, 2013
As of now here are the remaining targets. But I am sure more offers will go out in January.

LB: Benson
LB: Honas
WR: Stoops

It will be interesting to see what happens with Honas. If I had to guess, I would say Iowa gets Benson and Honas but not Stoops.

Last edited:
really unless a kid too good to pass wants to come do we need anything more in this class besides LBs?

really unless a kid too good to pass wants to come do we need anything more in this class besides LBs?

I think you answered it mostly with the first part of your sentence. I would guess Iowa ends up with 20-23 in the class by the time February is done due to guys leaving. Iowa is always in need of good players regardless of position. If a stud WR or any other position wanted to come to Iowa, they would find room.

Reactions: David1979
Honas is trending to Wisconsin, can’t believe he wouldn’t jump on our offer.

Well, as we all know by now, Iowa makes ZERO promises when it comes to playing time. As it should be. I've heard some details of the "pitch". Iowa is very up front about expectations and how much work will be involved. This keeps us from getting the high profile, big time five star recruits. Which is fine by me. I want kids here who know going in that they are going to have to bust their ass to play here.

Well, as we all know by now, Iowa makes ZERO promises when it comes to playing time. As it should be. I've heard some details of the "pitch". Iowa is very up front about expectations and how much work will be involved. This keeps us from getting the high profile, big time five star recruits. Which is fine by me. I want kids here who know going in that they are going to have to bust their ass to play here.
I doubt Iowa, Nebraska, or Wisky are making any promises on playing time to Honas

Reactions: David1979
Honas was lousy fall back anyway. He won't amount to much. We didn't pursue him that hard.

Nebraska promised him a starter position and sold him on being a good defender on a horrendous defense and getting a ton of tackles because the defense would be on the field a lot.

Reactions: cmhawks99
Dear staff,

If you are not going to get a LB or WE that is going to push to be in the rotation, and you do not plan to use S. EVANS on punt/kick returns. Please go get a micro missle and teach them to do pr/kr for 4 years.

-wddt

I know there are already a couple OL pledged for next year but with 3 in this class and only 2 last year it seems like we could use some numbers there.

As of now here are the remaining targets. But I am sure more offers will go out in January.

LB: Benson
LB: Honas
WR: Stoops

It will be interesting to see what happens with Honas. If I had to guess, I would say Iowa gets Benson and Honas but not Stoops.

Bettter be some good LB becuSe the LB recruiting for far for this class has been a complete JOKe

Bettter be some good LB becuSe the LB recruiting for far for this class has been a complete JOKe

Agreed. Dillon Doyle and Seth Benson leave a lot to be desired. I’m sure the Kirk worshippers will disagree and anoint both the next Josey Jewell, but it sure would have been nice to aim a bit higher here. Especially considering our history with cranking out quality LBers.

Oh well.

Agreed. Dillon Doyle and Seth Benson leave a lot to be desired. I’m sure the Kirk worshippers will disagree and anoint both the next Josey Jewell, but it sure would have been nice to aim a bit higher here. Especially considering our history with cranking out quality LBers.

Oh well.

Specifically, other than their lack of known Power 5 offers, can you point out what you don't like about them? Would be interested in your analysis here.

Reactions: RogerKint

Oh well.
Here is a poster that needs depression medication.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT