ADVERTISEMENT

Remaining Targets for 2018

Wait a tick.... did I just get labelled a hater? Do you read the stuff I put on here? If saying something to the extent of "I don't see what he brings to the position group that a recruit already in our class doesn't bring" makes me a hater I guess I am full on. Also, if I have to wait to see what they do on the field before evaluating them we are in for a world of hurt.
Unintentionally directed at you- put two replies on one post accidentally. My apologies

Water under the bridge. I too could have responded in better/cooler fashion. We all want the best for the hawks we just express it differently. Go Hawks.

I think a lot of other people are tired of the "remember that one time..." crowd. Some people view that perspective as an equally pathetic.

As with everything, there are people on both extremes, and people in the middle. If you only want to read about sunshine and roses, this isn't the place (as you well know).
You're wasting your time, he's the type of little person who thinks everyone should think like him or they're wrong...smh

I actually am a proud independent and find both parties extremely annoying (because of their far left or right ideology) So yeah I would agree with you there. I am totally OK for logical skepticism with our staff- clock management, obvious runs on audibles, etc. Those are logical to me. However, anytime a poster complains about a recruit before they even step on the field is ridiculous and beyond inappropriate because they are kids. I also get annoyed by the same posters (only a handful) that constantly come on here with negativity and when things are going well they are no where to be found. There are many posters that I disagree with and that is fine, many of those come on here and admit they were wrong and we move on. Much like I have done many many times (although I generally lean to optimism). I fully admit I am a huge KF fan-mostly because of his character (which I also feel is a great fit for our state). I have been coaching for almost 20 years and now in the college level for the first time. I have worked under a bunch of coaches and it is very rare to have a coach that runs a program as well as KF on the building better people (and players) than Kirk. I also admit I think character and doing things the right way completely outweigh results on the field, this does not mean I do not think winning is important. I get it not everybody likes KF or this or that and that is OK. However, I really question a lot of these peoples football intelligence and/or priorities on what is truly important. The people I am talking about are an extreme minority, but boy they certainly are vocal. I bet those who are around this board could name the top five and it would be very consistent. Those posters get so old. I believe you think it is important enough to criticize when warranted, it is also important to praise or be positive.......that is the problem I have.
You seem to find a lot of thinks in life annoying, friend. Perhaps when you realize you're just living on this planet and you don't own it, life will be less annoying. Time to start letting others have there opinion even, if it's not the same as yours.

You seem to find a lot of thinks in life annoying, friend. Perhaps when you realize you're just living on this planet and you don't own it, life will be less annoying. Time to start letting others have there opinion even, if it's not the same as yours.
Actually just a few things annoy me: Negativity and stupidity are at the top of that list.......just trying to do my part to make the world a better place :)

Someone we may be considering as a fall back LB recruit if Jayden McDonald does not commit. Might be worth having on the roster anyway.

Reactions: ICTrojans99
I don't know if it's grades or what with Wilkins. I'm starting to think there is just so many good athletes out there it's hard to find them all. I'm surprised he doesn't have better offers than he does. His RB tape looks more impressive than Geil to me. Looks like it was grade issues last year don't know where he stands now but wish we would get more athletes like Kenny Wilkins and less like Riley Moss. I understand there are many unknown issues behind why some guys are recruited and some aren't. I just think if we want to compete with the big boys we need to take a few more good athletes that might be borderline academic guys than we do. As long as those same guys aren't also bad character guys.

Last edited:
Were probably out on James Miller. He just got an FSU offer. Sucks, I watched his tape and my reaction was Ben Van who ? Dude is a violent striker.

If we can't get Miller to visit then offer Wilkins. One helluva fallback.

their strategy here is likely that they would feel comfortable offering Nikia were he to show enough interest in us to take an OV. If he wont do that and we were to offer and he subsequently accepted, his level of commitment might not be what the staff was looking for. They wont go down that road, similar to the situation with Ivan Thomas (wr) from Florida.

their strategy here is likely that they would feel comfortable offering Nikia were he to show enough interest in us to take an OV. If he wont do that and we were to offer and he subsequently accepted, his level of commitment might not be what the staff was looking for. They wont go down that road, similar to the situation with Ivan Thomas (wr) from Florida.
^ This was the impression I got. It seemed Iowa wanted Jones to visit before offering, while Jones wanted an offer before visiting.

Reactions: Harbinger273
So then who are our WR options yet in this class. We lost 2 two either transfer or quitting the team. We need at least 1-2 WR, 1-2 LB, and 1 OL. Any thoughts on who those might be.

So then who are our WR options yet in this class. We lost 2 two either transfer or quitting the team. We need at least 1-2 WR, 1-2 LB, and 1 OL. Any thoughts on who those might be.

The LB targets are the ones visiting this weekend. I am guessing that there are a couple of guys they have interest in that they are keeping warm and will try to get a visit for the last minute so that no on sweeps in and offers and gets a visit as well. They seemingly have someone like this every year.

im seeing a number of predictions coming in for James Miller to FSU. Maybe we can manage a reversal of fortune against the odds if he actually makes it up here for the visit. Hope he realizes that its Iowa and not so much FSU that puts backers in the League. Still hard to go against the home state offer.

I think we finish up with possibly 2 backers this class, 1 more receiver and possibly 1 more OL. Id like to see the offer go out to Nicolas Sligh. Guy just fits the mold for us at C.

Reactions: bigsag
The situation with Nikia Jones seems to be fluid at this point as Hawks are not sure if they have a spot for him. Nikia apparently does want to visit tho. Jaden Snyder (brandons brother) projects at LB. Abraham Beauplan (Boynton Beach, Florida) is a new name at LB, likely a fallback.

I don't get the nakia Jones thing. I get that the staff wants to have a kid visit before offering but A) if you want things you have never had you are going to have to do things you have never done. B) what's the worst case scenario?... we offer... he accepts..... comes for 1 year.... hates it and transfers out? How is that mich different than what has happened with lesser talented receivers as of late that have busted? He is from Oklahoma not Mars. I get that you are more likely to have attrition if this were standard practice but everything should be viewed on an individual bases.

Reactions: ICTrojans99
I don't get the nakia Jones thing. I get that the staff wants to have a kid visit before offering but A) if you want things you have never had you are going to have to do things you have never done. B) what's the worst case scenario?... we offer... he accepts..... comes for 1 year.... hates it and transfers out? How is that mich different than what has happened with lesser talented receivers as of late that have busted? He is from Oklahoma not Mars. I get that you are more likely to have attrition if this were standard practice but everything should be viewed on an individual bases.
I agree, Why have such a paranoid policy. So give them an offer that can be cashed in upon a visit.

im seeing a number of predictions coming in for James Miller to FSU. Maybe we can manage a reversal of fortune against the odds if he actually makes it up here for the visit. Hope he realizes that its Iowa and not so much FSU that puts backers in the League. Still hard to go against the home state offer.

I think we finish up with possibly 2 backers this class, 1 more receiver and possibly 1 more OL. Id like to see the offer go out to Nicolas Sligh. Guy just fits the mold for us at C.

There are 6 former Nole linebackers in the NFL currently. I believe Iowa only has 3.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/college/_/letter/i

Would love to hear some good news pertaining to the 2 LB’s that are visiting this weekend. Miller and McDonald, I believe? At least one of those would be sweet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT