ADVERTISEMENT

Remember PE Classes?

The thing is, the athletes generally WANT to take PE. The kids who want to get out of it are the "band" kids. Not even joking.

I know kids want to take PE. They would also like to take Gaming 101 and 4 hours of study hall.
But, adults need to make decisions in their best interests.
If a kid is already hitting the weight room in the morning, and practicing football for several hours after school...then they have no need for PE during school hours.

Just reminding people bemoaning the physical condition of our citizenry that Moooochelle got lambasted for trying to draw awareness to eating healthier.
The primary complaint v. Michelle O. was not that she attempted to draw attention and help the overall poor physical condition of the nations youth...it was how she went about it. Changes so draconian that HS kids were still hungry after lunch, etc.

I support her overall theme and initiative...but let's get real and work towards it in a way that is achievable, etc.

Reactions: EasyHawk
The primary complaint v. Michelle O. was not that she attempted to draw attention and help the overall poor physical condition of the nations youth...it was how she went about it. Changes so draconian that HS kids were still hungry after lunch, etc.

I support her overall theme and initiative...but let's get real and work towards it in a way that is achievable, etc.
Uhhh, the lambasting was immediate—before example of poor execution of idea found their way into the public consciousness.

Gosh, I'm trying to think if we went daily? I think we did in grade school k-6 but I don't think we did in Jr High and High School. I can't remember though (graduated in 2000).

That said, I think my kids go every 4th day. They have "Specials" daily that include P.E., Art, Music, and Spanish. Depending on the day they attend the Special. Mine certainly don't go daily anymore.

I don't remember ever having daily PE. I know it was waived for the athletes in HS. It was maybe 2-3 times per week in elem and Jr High (and I went to a lot of different schools in different states/regions).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT