ADVERTISEMENT

Remember that Show, The Americans?

I used to think it was far fetched. Besides Congress, I wonder how many traitors we have in this fine country? Pathetic losers.
Yeah. I thought so until I watched "Chernobyl". The rational scientists when they realized there was a meltdown and radiation in the air, their first reaction was "You think this is the work of Americans?" Everything in the USSR existence was based around their USA boogeyman.

If Josh Hawley and MTG are outed as Russian plants I would not be surprised.
Also, I was thinking about that show a day or two ago when someone posted about the guy who killed his GF and stuffed her body into a suitcase. That was one helluva an episode. It involved spy craft, sexy violence, and a couple having a squabble as they committed a crime. So relatable.

I used to think it was far fetched. Besides Congress, I wonder how many traitors we have in this fine country? Pathetic losers.
You can bet there were/are sleeper cells of Russian Agents living and working as normal people around the US, probably from the 1950's on. Especially in or near the beltway.

Some of that may have been curtailed in the early 90's when the Soviet Union dissolved (thanks to Pres. Reagan).

SPOILERS***The couple in "The Americans", Phillip & Elizabeth, got their just reward. They had to leave their innocent son, Henry, with duped FBI BFF Stan and the daughter got radicalized and stayed behind to become a Russian asset. Also, they got to come back to a craphole existence in Mother Russia.

At first, I was angry with the ending. Thought a main character(s) would get offed or tortured by some farm animals out at the Langley Farm. The more I thought about it, what we got was a fitting end.

Reactions: JMSBFD and GOHOX69
ADVERTISEMENT